Walter Smith - An apology

Emerson

Must admit I wasn't at all happy about Adam's inclusion and am still not totally convinced that an alternative such as Lafferty wouldn't have been more effective.

Always wanted Cousin to play so no apology needed there.

But at the end of the day, a great result so -

Well done Walter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good - outstanding to play cousin, and miller was the correct choice to partner

- to play 4-4-2 at parkhead, ballsy, love it

bad - adam, im sorry but i cant accept him in any way

- broadfoot, i like the big guy, want him to do well, but he aint a right back, hes barely a footballer

Sorry Walter, had us written off before we had started. Im able to concede now that you may now know more than I do at managing the Rangers. Thanks for today. :rangers:

I think alot of us were bitter at the way things went at the start.

I think the terrible nature of the start made all this possible. He probably knows it too.

I said all week, Play Boyd, Dailly and McCulloch and we will lose

I was confident that we would win today and even more confident when Daniel Cousin was leading the attack

He finally played a team that had some skill, pace and ability.

Will he learn from it? Probably not

Today was glorious, but as soon as we do something wrong the fickle Rangers fan will be back to hating everything.

I am not apologising for anything - mainly because all I did was not understand his selection. I merely give him credit for getting today right, just as I give him pelters for the mistakes he's made in the past.

Let's hope he learns from this and gets a lot more correct than wrong.

I would love to apologise but cant and wont.....YET.

For me, today was a by product of going out in Europe. If we had scraped a 1-1 then you could probably forget about the players he has been FORCED to bring in. We would have lined up 4-5-1 today with Dailly and possibly even Hemdani in to stifle the threat.

His interview last week where he kinda chuckled and almost said, "well i need to try something different cause the fans are on ma case" said really what i think on the matter.

Its frightening that Mendes is only in the door and we are all of a sudden trying something different at set pieces. Says a lot in my book.

Today was about being forced down a line and coming out and playing football. 4 months too late for me (tu)

PS - Quite happy to ram ma words next May (tu)

I had no complaints about Cousin but thought Adam might be a disaster. Full marks to Walter, he got it totally right.

You got it right too - Adam WAS a disaster !! , Think he scoffed a kebab at half time 'cause he was actually slower & further off the pace after half time break so Walter didnae get it totally correct but Hey, who's complaining !!!

Must admit my heart sank today when I saw the team line up so good on you Walter for getting it right..........I hate seeing WS getting a hard time and I'm over the moon for him today.

So I'll just apologise that I doubted his decisions.

Did Walter apologize for losing to Kaunas?

Did Walter apologize for continually playing Dailly, McCulloch and Adam?

Did Walter apologize for being stubborn/arrogant?

Did Walter apologize for being so negative?

Did Walter apologize for blowing the league?

Why should we apologize for finally getting what we have been asking for for months?

I had no complaints about Cousin but thought Adam might be a disaster. Full marks to Walter, he got it totally right.

You got it right too - Adam WAS a disaster !! , Think he scoffed a kebab at half time 'cause he was actually slower & further off the pace after half time break so Walter didnae get it totally correct but Hey, who's complaining !!!

nearly fucken died when i'd seen adam in the starting eleven! surprised with cousin starting, but watty pulled a rabbit out the hat with that one! what a fucken day, cant wait tae see they manky bastards at work :bouncy:

We were told last season that the Scottish cup was McCoist's bag! I think team selection today was his too. But I don't care who picked the team and hope to see more of it!

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

i remember in manchester argueing with a guy ova who was better for rangers walter or big dick adovacaat and even though i said walter i have to admit after kanuas and the summer signings up front i started to doubt it. . . after today i am back 100% behind behind walter :rangers: