Who is better... Bougherra or Cuellar

Markag1991

Have noticed alot of people are saying Bougherra is better than Carlos. I peronally think that although Bougherra is good.. there is no competition! Carlos was simply amazing! Very rarely did anyhing wrong. So i would say Carlos.

What do you think???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have noticed alot of people are saying Bougherra is better than Carlos. I peronally think that although Bougherra is good.. there is no competition! Carlos was simply amazing! Very rarely did anyhing wrong. So i would say Carlos.

What do you think???

I think that given that Bougherra has played 3 games it would be ridiculous to even begin to judge or compare them (tu)

Quality player who played a blinder today. Looks like being every bit as good as Cuellar if not better!?

All we need now is a quality partner for him!

cracking player, I agree with an earlier post, Carlos's distribution was horrible at times, Madjid is the better all round footballer.

completely different than cuellar maybe even better cuellar=long punt up the pitch madjid=either a pass up the pitch or runing up himself with the ball

Here are just a few that would say Bougherra is better. But there are alot more people saying the same thing!

Quality player who played a blinder today. Looks like being every bit as good as Cuellar if not better!?

All we need now is a quality partner for him!

cracking player, I agree with an earlier post, Carlos's distribution was horrible at times, Madjid is the better all round footballer.

completely different than cuellar maybe even better cuellar=long punt up the pitch madjid=either a pass up the pitch or runing up himself with the ball

Here are just a few that would say Bougherra is better. But there are alot more people saying the same thing!

youve quoted me there but I wasnt saying he was better than Cuellar, when it comes down to it Cuellar is definetly the better defender due to his arial dominance but Bougherra's also good in the tackle and likes to move upfield, confident in his abilities and rarely misplaces a pass (from what ive seen so far) all depends on what you look for in a CB.

I was excited at the idea of having Cuellar in there with Bougherra, they would have complimented each others game well imo.

think maghid is a cracking player on what he has shown. he defo looks like he wants to play football when in posession, but wonder if he as good as carlos when under seige, eg werder bremen and fiorentina. however, cannot complain so far, he must think it a breeze up here having tanked the potato hunters on their own patch and top of the league!

hope things continue in this vain, but would have been good to see him and carlos together for a dozen games or so to see how things would have developed.

carlos for me on this one.

keep it up big magic!

Too early to compare.

Someone quoted me earlier in this thread from an older thread. Due to Bougherra, we've not missed Cuellar so far. If he continues to play like he is then he could be better than Cuellar.

Too early to compare.

Someone quoted me earlier in this thread from an older thread. Due to Bougherra, we've not missed Cuellar so far. If he continues to play like he is then he could be better than Cuellar.

....... and then we will get another £8M next summer as well! :lol:

It's amazing how people are saying you can't compare Cuellar and Bougherra after three games yet people are already content to talk about Mendes becoming a legend after three games.

Sportsound already have him as POTY. Mendes that is.

However, in answer; can't compare. Cuellar was a pretty special defender who at times produced world class displays, but was capable of being substandard too.

But Bougherra is only 3 or 4 games old for us.

So only the knee jerk would try to.

Too early to compare.

It was me :rolleyes:

I just cant see him being better than Carlos for the reason that Bougherra is not going to be facing world class players like Carlos had to do in Europe! Bougherra will play against SPL material when Carlos was playing against Adria Mutu, Theirry Henry, Messi, Diego and so on.

We wont find out this season any way.... need to wait until Bougherra faces these kind of players!