***The Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Thread***

Muff

so whos gonna filll in as a left back next week then?

Steven Whittaker.

Boyd was the hero? No chance, if it wasnt for his incompetence in the first half we wouldnt have had to grind the game out.

and if it wasn't for his 2 goals we wouldnt have gained 3 points.

We won , Boyd Scored the 2 winning goals. Can't you be happy ?

Who says im not happy? Im delighted actually.

Fair enough, Boyd got his goals but he was dreadful for the most part. As someone else pointed out, football's a team game and he wasnt the hero, nor did he bail us out.

I think the likes of Davis, Broadfoot and to an extent, Mendes deserve the credit for adding more to the performance over the whole 90 minutes.

Agreed. The guy's useless. Another penalty today... good stuff.

Sarcasm?

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Whittaker.

Boyd was the hero? No chance, if it wasnt for his incompetence in the first half we wouldnt have had to grind the game out.

Fair enough, Boyd got his goals but he was dreadful for the most part. As someone else pointed out, football's a team game and he wasnt the hero, nor did he bail us out.

I think the likes of Davis, Broadfoot and to an extent, Mendes deserve the credit for adding more to the performance over the whole 90 minutes.

Why be anti-Boyd's contribution? Calling him incompetant is disgusting. Get behind the team as a whole...including the players when they perform!

A bit hypocritical considering that you were slating the decision to take Adam on less than 20 minutes ago.

Keep reading. I added a qualifier...I am behind Rangers as a whole when it comes to success...and I am very happy we won. Then I added that you should be behind the players when they PERFORM. Adam hasn't done very well in a long time, but two goals is worth it.

Steven Whittaker.

Why be anti-Boyd's contribution? Calling him incompetant is disgusting. Get behind the team as a whole...including the players when they perform!

A bit hypocritical considering that you were slating the decision to take Adam on less than 20 minutes ago.

Adams exempt because he actually is pish more often than not :craphead:

Steven Whittaker.

I explained what I meant:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=2735528

Steven Whittaker.

So is Boyd :craphead:

Steven Whittaker.

We'll your moaning at every fucking opportunity , get a grip man

Phenomenal debating skills.

Aye fair do's... Boyd is incompetent because he gets beaten in the air by two center halves that have kept a clean sheet for 4 games.... lets pack him off to cardiff city because he is not the best in the air.... all he does is score goals eh... and anyway the second one was a deflection

Ludicrous...

As i said before, Boyd (along with Beasley) continually broke down attacks in the first half and generally contributed nothing. His link up play today was poor again and as DBBTB said earlier, his goals tend to paper over a lot of the cracks in his game.

He was simply not the hero today.

Steven Whittaker.

Adams done fuck to warrant fans defending him , where as Boyd has.

Steven Whittaker.

Aye fair do's... Boyd is incompetent because he gets beaten in the air by two center halves that have kept a clean sheet for 4 games.... lets pack him off to cardiff city because he is not the best in the air.... all he does is score goals eh... and anyway the second one was a deflection

Ludicrous...

As i said before, Boyd (along with Beasley) continually broke down attacks in the first half and generally contributed nothing. His link up play today was poor again and as DBBTB said earlier, his goals tend to paper over a lot of the cracks in his game.

Yes he is. :craphead:

Steven Whittaker.

Adams done fuck to warrant fans defending him , where as Boyd has scored a bucket load of goals.

(tu) where as McDonalds they might just be able to defend him or Burger King Even

TMWWBK - I think you've got the blinkers on a bit. I mean, to blame Boyd's "incompetence" for us not going in level/ahead at the break is baffling.

Yes he was beaten in the air a lot but he's never a target man. He notably held the ball up well at least once in the 1st half, winning a freekick on the edge of the box after some nice play.

Combe then made an unbelievable save from him after a great touch from Boydy.

His 2nd goal was terrific and really dug us out of a hole. I don't think Boyd is the greatest player in the world but he deserves some credit today and his ability as a goalscorer is unparalleled in our squad.

Steven Whittaker.

Ludicrous...

like a bloody panto today oh yes he is oh no hes not :craphead:

Steven Whittaker.

Adams done fuck to warrant fans defending him , where as Boyd has.

Here was my original response to DBBTB

Keep reading. I added a qualifier...I am behind Rangers as a whole when it comes to success...and I am very happy we won. Then I added that you should be behind the players when they PERFORM. Adam hasn't done very well in a long time, but two goals is worth it.

Steven Whittaker.

Ludicrous...

like a bloody panto today oh yes he is oh no hes not :craphead:

But at the end of the day we know he is :rangers::craphead:

TMWWBK - I think you've got the blinkers on a bit. I mean, to blame Boyd's "incompetence" for us not going in level/ahead at the break is baffling.

Yes he was beaten in the air a lot but he's never a target man. He notably held the ball up well at least once in the 1st half, winning a freekick on the edge of the box after some nice play.

His 2nd goal was terrific and really dug us out of a hole. I don't think Boyd is the greatest player in the world but he deserves some credit today and his ability as a goalscorer is the best in our squad.

Well worded I think.

Steven Whittaker.

Adam played very well against the tims and deserved to start today. As for Boyd, I doubt if many on here would have complained if he'd been replaced at half-time, as he was rotten in the 1st half. He rescued himself with 2 goals, as he often does, but to say he's the hero is too much.

If Boyd plays as "poorly" as he did today every game and continues to score I'll have no complaints. He is a striker, he scores goals. doesn't take a genius to figure out that he is a valuable player for us.

Wreckedroy, I like how you debate... nice to see solid thought.

I guess at the end of the day I believed that the service he was getting in the first half was pretty piss poor. He won a good free kick and the keeper for killie made a great save...I would have left him on.

As for the comment of often rescuing himself...when is it going to be that he is a goalscorer and not a rescuer? I mean...for real?

His 2nd goal was terrific and really dug us out of a hole. I don't think Boyd is the greatest player in the world but he deserves some credit today and his ability as a goalscorer is the best in our squad.

I've not got the blinkers on at all when it comes to Boyd.

I said after the Scottish Cup final that he should start the season as our number one striker. He did, and for me, he didn't take his chance.

Today i thought he was really poor and to be honest, i dont recall him holding the ball up well at all. I do recall him being continually robbed by Ford and Wright, though. Credit where credits due, it was a fantastic turn for his second.

For the moment, i'm not prepared to let two goals (one of which was a penalty) radically change my current opinion on the player. I still think Novo or Lafferty would offer us far more over the course of 90 minutes.