Big Lee - the interview

bluenose4life

Why didn't he tell the Scotland manager? You'd think you'd phone the main players in all this to let them you your thinking as a matter of courtesy. It costs nothing so what possible reason could there be for not informing the man?

The Record have been shyte bags in this...

But the Daily Record will not apologise for breaking the story when we did, just as we cannot legislate for unfortunate timing.

It is our duty to inform our readers of the big news first and fastest.

They and their staff probably had much mumping on the subject.

As for the player and Scotland, we wont miss him. He's what they call a limited player however I'd rather have my limited players at the back. Limited players on the wing or up front are an utter waste of space in the modern game and we could have done so much better with the money we spent on him. I was well unhappy when we turned down the £2 million bid for him.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankie also: While most players back each other in the press, so many backed Boyd and Cousin last season for example, perhaps it was the wording of 'a great player' that irked me more than anything else and thats why I questioned it.

To practically state that you're personally offended at a Rangers player describing a professional colleague as a great player, just because it conflicts with your own opinion of said player, is simply beyond words.

'Did ye hear - DaMarcus Beasley called Edu a great player'

'the BASTARD!'

*stomps off*

I don't read 'offended' into that. I read 'oh yeah, you're just saying it because he's a team mate'.

McCulloch has not and never will be a great player so what's the argument here?

Frankie also: While most players back each other in the press, so many backed Boyd and Cousin last season for example, perhaps it was the wording of 'a great player' that irked me more than anything else and thats why I questioned it.

To practically state that you're personally offended at a Rangers player describing a professional colleague as a great player, just because it conflicts with your own opinion of said player, is simply beyond words.

'the BASTARD!'

*stomps off*

1. I didn't call Kyle any names or even think it actually and 2. Edu may be a great player at the moment or in the future but I don't know that yet as I've not seen enough of him whereas I do know that Lee defenitely has never been a great player in the past or in the future :)

I also wasn't offended by Lafferty in any way so thats BS and indeed Lafferty is was just being nice as I've said, as a team-mate and a new friend.

Why didn't he tell the Scotland manager? You'd think you'd phone the main players in all this to let them you your thinking as a matter of courtesy. It costs nothing so what possible reason could there be for not informing the man?

I'm sure he followed the proper procedure by going to the administration chap. Maybe he felt he could approach Burely after the double-header to avoid problems for the manager.

Instead the SFA and the media have made a mountain out of a molehill.

The fact some of our own fans bought into it is even more galling.

I don't read 'offended' into that. I read 'oh yeah, you're just saying it because he's a team mate'.

Ask Wigan fans how 'great' McCulloch is and they'll speak with the player with great affection.

Yes, he's not a great player but football players in media calls and journalists reporting thereafter are not known for their non-use of hyperbole.

McCulloch's ability isn't the question here anyway so let's not go off on tangents.

'the BASTARD!'

*stomps off*

Jesus, Boab's claimed another soul doh

'the BASTARD!'

*stomps off*

1. I didn't call Kyle any names or even think it actually and 2. Edu may be a great player at the moment or in the future but I don't know that yet as I've not seen enough of him whereas I do know that Lee defenitely has never been a great player in the past or in the future :)

3: You're not a Rangers player.

'the BASTARD!'

*stomps off*

3: You're not a Rangers player.

4. And neither are you.

At least now we're guarenteed somebody skilful like Commons - least he's performing though I wasn't keen on him at first - or Maloney.

The difference Maloney made in replacing McCulloch in the last qualifying campaign when we won 3-1 was night and day. Robson can play on the left too, his set-pieces can be good, another good option.

I'm sure he followed the proper procedure by going to the administration chap. Maybe he felt he could approach Burely after the double-header to avoid problems for the manager.

Instead the SFA and the media have made a mountain out of a molehill.

The fact some of our own fans bought into it is even more galling.

Perhaps it's proper procedure, perhaps not. I just think it's common courtesy to tell the manager yourself and not have him days later not knowing what the 'f' is going on. It's possible that's down to the guy McCulloch told but also, we're taking McCullochs word on this now, is he being completely honest?

At least now we're guarenteed somebody skilful like Commons - least he's performing though I wasn't keen on him at first - or Maloney.

The difference Maloney made in replacing McCulloch in the last qualifying campaign when we won 3-1 was night and day. Robson can play on the left too, his set-pieces can be good, another good option.

I agree we have better options. One thing about McCulloch I've always thought is I don't know his best position, I don't know if he has one. He's like a general purpose player who wont excell anywhere but will do a wee job, I just think we've paid well over the odds for that.

Perhaps it's proper procedure, perhaps not. I just think it's common courtesy to tell the manager yourself and not have him days later not knowing what the 'f' is going on. It's possible that's down to the guy McCulloch told but also, we're taking McCullochs word on this now, is he being completely honest?

Well yes. George Peat has said so today - not to mention the embarrassing backtrack from Keith Jackson yesterday.