Draft #1 to Liewell, Press and "authority" version too!

OlegKuznetsov

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im in no way offended by what they sing, its petty sending that. all this telling on each other is ruining the atmosphere at both grounds, let it go.

We've let it go far too many times in the past , and it continues to happen. Rangers are becoming a laughing stock , yet another song will emerge from woodworks and the timmys will work their magic wand over the media and we'll be back to sqaure one with no atmosphere inside ibrox and fans scared to sing the songs they want to.

pointless even sending that, he wouldt even open it

Better than just lying down and accept it while our name continues to be tarnished.

you think he will read it

write to a MSP or MP

I'm doing another copy for mailing to others:

Dear ,

I have been concerned by the venomous songs sung by the supporters who represent Celtic FC, at both home and away games. We are meant to be in a new period of stopping offensive songs and I'm sure you will share this sentiment that everyone should be respected.

I would like to know if you have taken any action, or are intending to do so in the case of the following songs and chants. Firstly, I would like to know what actions have been, and will be, taken against those sing songs about “Orange bastards”, which can only relate to Protestants in this context.

Secondly, I want know what has been done about those who sing in support of the IRA, a group who murdered many innocent British Civilians. I'm sure you will be aware of the genuine hurt caused, by the glorification of such terrorists, to those who lost loved ones.

Furthermore, I am interested to discover your actions in the case of songs such as “I pray you die with a bullet from the IRA” aimed at Rangers players.

Another particularly disturbing example is the type of song which mocks the deaths of Rangers fans at the Ibrox disaster. Again, such songs cause great offence and I would like to know of any steps you have taken to counter them.

Yet more offence has been caused by a chant about Paul Gascoigne's latest tragic episode. Human decency was breached again. Your handling of this matter is of great interest to me. As you know, many people have similar problems and chants of this nature are greatly offensive. Could you please supply me information pertaining to your clubs measures on such chants?

I'm also concerned about the usage of the terms “h**” and “mason”. The former is considered a sectarian slur by most people in Scotland, the Police Force of Northern Ireland, anti-sectarian charities such as Nil By Mouth and I believe it can also be considered as such under Scottish Law. The latter is also used to imply that someone, usually a referee or authority figure, is an establishment anti-Catholic bigot. Both terms are clearly offensive and sectarian. I would like to learn of your actions in this context too.

Finally, I'm sure you are aware that a potentially xenophobic song about the Irish famine has caused offence. Would you agree that both anti-British and anti-Irish songs about tragic events in our history serve no purpose in the context of a sporting fixture? How are you tackling these songs that vilify the British in and glory in the famine in the case of the supporters of Celtic FC?

I look forward to your answer and hope you will be able to reassure me that you are doing everything to tackle those who commit the crimes against decency listed above. It appears we have a real chance to move on and leave history behind. I hope that you, and all the other representatives that I have contacted, will be able to prove the positive steps you are taking.

Yours sincerely,

This can be sent to MSPs, MPs, SPL, SFA, RFC, CFC, and even Show Racism the Red Card. Strathclyde Police too.

We have to play the same game. ....and quickly.

Get some email and postal addresses. Send it to papers, radio stations and newsdesks. Let's get our side out there too.

Sitting on our own arses won't do a thing.

Post email and postal addresses here too.

I'm off for a piss but I'll be back.

Brilliant mate. however, I think there's another incident that should be highlighted!

In the OF game at Ibrox after 9/11, one of TGFITW mocked Claudio Reyna by making sickening airplane gestures as he walked up to take a corner! This was caught on TV but afaik, no action was taken!

Maybe you could add something about this too, however I appreciate it's going against the general tone of your letter, which refers to songs being sung! (tu)

openline@radioclyde.com; paul.cooney@radioclyde.com; 90minutes@bbc.co.uk; offtheball@bbc.co.uk; sportsound@bbc.co.uk; sportscene@bbc.co.uk; offside@bbc.co.uk; sportsweekly@bbc.co.uk; yourcall@bbc.co.uk; john.kilbride@stv.tv; fanzone@scotsport.co.uk; scotsport@stv.tv; editor@itn.co.uk; setantauk@setanta.com; richard.littlejohn@dailymail.co.uk; t.hamilton@<No links to this website>; reporters@<No links to this website>; h.keevins@<No links to this website>; k.jackson@<No links to this website>; g.parks@<No links to this website>; d.mccarthy@<No links to this website>; james.traynor@<No links to this website>; newsdesk@notw.co.uk; info@scottishfa.co.uk; info@uefa.com; contact@fifa.org; mail@nilbymouth.org; contactus@strathclyde.pnn.police.uk; sp.info@scottish.parliament.uk; Jack.Mcconnell.msp@scottish.parliament.uk; on-line@<No links to this website>; enquiries@scotsman.com; bill.leckie@the-sun.co.uk; talkback@the-sun.co.uk; ewen.cameron@realradiofm.com; sportletters@theherald.co.uk

Great letter

openline@radioclyde.com; paul.cooney@radioclyde.com; 90minutes@bbc.co.uk; offtheball@bbc.co.uk; sportsound@bbc.co.uk; sportscene@bbc.co.uk; offside@bbc.co.uk; sportsweekly@bbc.co.uk; yourcall@bbc.co.uk; john.kilbride@stv.tv; fanzone@scotsport.co.uk; scotsport@stv.tv; editor@itn.co.uk; setantauk@setanta.com; richard.littlejohn@dailymail.co.uk; t.hamilton@<No links to this website>; reporters@<No links to this website>; h.keevins@<No links to this website>; k.jackson@<No links to this website>; g.parks@<No links to this website>; d.mccarthy@<No links to this website>; james.traynor@<No links to this website>; newsdesk@notw.co.uk; info@scottishfa.co.uk; info@uefa.com; contact@fifa.org; mail@nilbymouth.org; contactus@strathclyde.pnn.police.uk; sp.info@scottish.parliament.uk; Jack.Mcconnell.msp@scottish.parliament.uk; on-line@<No links to this website>; enquiries@scotsman.com; bill.leckie@the-sun.co.uk; talkback@the-sun.co.uk; ewen.cameron@realradiofm.com; sportletters@theherald.co.uk

Great letter

your on fire; i think you should help oleg

Great letter

your on fire; i think you should help oleg

sent, to every single one.

General contact information:

Strathclyde Police Headquarters

173 Pitt Street

Glasgow

G2 4JS

Email:

contactus@strathclyde.pnn.police.uk

I also want to know the chief guys especially match commanders at Parkhead.

This guys the Chief Constable : Stephen House QPM.

Anyone know the email format?

If not, send it to him and match commanders C/O the above address.

Dear Mr. Lawwell,

I have been concerned by the venomous songs sung by the supporters who represent your club, Celtic FC, at both home and away games. We are meant to be in a new period of stopping offensive songs and I'm sure you will share this sentiment that everyone should be respected.

I would like to know if you have taken any action, or are intending to do so in the case of the following songs and chants. Firstly, I would like to know what actions have been, and will be, taken against those who sing songs about “Orange bastards”, which can only relate to Protestants in this context.

Secondly, I want to know what has been done about those who sing in support of the IRA, a group who murdered many innocent British Civilians. I'm sure your colleague, Mr Reid, a former Home Secretary, will be aware of the genuine hurt caused, by the glorification of such terrorists, to those who lost loved ones.

Furthermore, I am interested to discover your actions in the case of songs such as “I pray you die with a bullet from the IRA” aimed at Rangers players.

Another particularly disturbing example is the type of song which mocks the deaths of Rangers fans at the Ibrox disaster. Again, such songs cause great offence and I would like to know of any steps you have taken to counter them.

Yet more offence has been caused by a chant about Paul Gascoigne's latest tragic episode. Human decency was breached again. Your handling of this matter is of great interest to me. As you know, a former captain and current coaching staff member of your club has had similar problems and chants of this nature are greatly offensive. Could you please supply me with information pertaining to your club's measures on such chants?

I'm also concerned about the usage of the terms “h**” and “mason”. The former is considered a sectarian slur by most people in Scotland, the Police Force of Northern Ireland, anti-sectarian charities such as Nil By Mouth and I believe it can also be considered as such under Scottish Law. The latter is also used to imply that someone, usually a referee or authority figure, is an establishment anti-Catholic bigot. Both terms are clearly offensive and sectarian. I would like to learn of your actions in this context too.

Finally, I'm sure you are aware that a potentially xenophobic song about the Irish famine has caused offence. Would you agree that both anti-British and anti-Irish songs about tragic events in our history serve no purpose in the context of a sporting fixture? How are you tackling these songs that vilify the British and glorify the famine in the case your own club's supporters?

I look forward to your answer and hope you will be able to reassure me that you are doing everything to tackle those who commit the crimes against decency listed above. It appears we have a real chance to move on and leave history behind. I hope that you, and all the other representatives that I have contacted, will be able to prove the positive steps you are taking.

Yours sincerely,

Can't have Liewell thinking that you went to the wrong kind of school Oleg ;)

Excellent work. (tu)

General contact information:

Strathclyde Police Headquarters

173 Pitt Street

Glasgow

G2 4JS

Email:

contactus@strathclyde.pnn.police.uk

I also want to know the chief guys especially match commanders at Parkhead.

oleg contact kenny scott at ibrox he was at london road and he would be able to help you out

contrary to some hes actually an approachable guy

TBH I usually post on Vanguard Bears which has a different attitude from RM, but the straw is going to break the camels back eventually. I think all Rangers forums should be united in the fight against the common enemy. The mhedia is screwing us over big time. In all of BBC's report tonight not once did it mention Celtic fans songs, where is the parity? As I type a protest against BBC Scotland is being organised before the match on Sunday all are welcome.

In the OF game at Ibrox after 9/11, one of TGFITW mocked Claudio Reyna by making sickening airplane gestures as he walked up to take a corner! This was caught on TV but afaik, no action was taken!

Maybe you could add something about this too, however I appreciate it's going against the general tone of your letter, which refers to songs being sung! (tu)

Sorry for the re-post, but I just wondered if you'd read this bit mate? (tu)

Finally, I'm sure you are aware that a potentially xenophobic song about the Irish famine has caused offence. Would you agree that both anti-British and anti-Irish songs about tragic events in our history serve no purpose in the context of a sporting fixture? How are you tackling these songs that vilify the British in and glory in the famine in the case your own club's supporters?

So are we therefore right to be challenged on the famine song? And right to be responsible for stopping singing it?

Just curious!

I'm not being critical Oleg, but I see a few grammatical errors and some of the wording might be put a different way.

Want me to have a go at it ?

Edit away.

I just wanted to get a few points quickly and submit it for review.

We need to act NOW!

I wondered if the opening line to the more "open" letter should be something like ...

In light of recent media coverage of the singing of songs which deem to be considered "offensive" or in "poor taste" I have also been concerned by the venomous songs sung by the supporters who represent Celtic FC and other SPL clubs.

The reason being is that by quoting Celtic in the first line, it could easily appear that we are simply lashing out at our own accusers .. which to the the press and others will just seem petulant.

I know i am replying to my own post but i think my point is valid.

If this letter doesn't have the correct "tone" it will be just another opportunity for the press to say it's just a case of "My dad's bigger than your dad".

The content of the letter is correct but it needs to be viewed as a response to ALL innapropriate singing, not just that of Celtic fans.

Finally, I'm sure you are aware that a potentially xenophobic song about the Irish famine has caused offence. Would you agree that both anti-British and anti-Irish songs about tragic events in our history serve no purpose in the context of a sporting fixture? How are you tackling these songs that vilify the British in and glory in the famine in the case your own club's supporters?

So are we therefore right to be challenged on the famine song? And right to be responsible for stopping singing it?

Just curious!

Put them on a par. If one goes, the other goes.

They'll miss theirs more.

I wondered if the opening line to the more "open" letter should be something like ...

In light of recent media coverage of the singing of songs which deem to be considered "offensive" or in "poor taste" I have also been concerned by the venomous songs sung by the supporters who represent Celtic FC and other SPL clubs.

The reason being is that by quoting Celtic in the first line, it could easily appear that we are simply lashing out at our own accusers .. which to the the press and others will just seem petulant.

If this letter doesn't have the correct "tone" it will be just another opportunity for the press to say it's just a case of "My dad's bigger than your dad".

The content of the letter is correct but it needs to be viewed as a response to ALL innapropriate singing, not just that of Celtic fans.

Why? The letter is addressed to Celtics head honcho, why should it be a response to ALL innapropriate singing. It'd then sound like a begging letter, we'll stop if you stop type of thing.

Celtic are accountable for their fans, they should be brought to task. This anti-sectarian crusade is a one-way straight, that needs to change otherwise it'll continue endlessly.

If there was parity on boths sides then the whole issues would be resolved quicker thats for sure.

Why? The letter is addressed to Celtics head honcho, why should it be a response to ALL innapropriate singing. It'd then sound like a begging letter, we'll stop if you stop type of thing.

Celtic are accountable for their fans, they should be brought to task. This anti-sectarian crusade is a one-way straight, that needs to change otherwise it'll continue endlessly.

If there was parity on boths sides then the whole issues would be resolved quicker thats for sure.

There are two letters, one to Liewell the other is a more open letter to the general press & other relevant parties, that is the one where i was directing my comments.

Totally not pissin on anyones parade. but, I think I need to add my tuppence.

Theres a few stones unturned in this action (dunno what else to call it).

For any one of these letters to actually demand issues be taken further - I honestly think it absolutely must include specific instances for it to be taken any further by most official bodies that i know of.

Almost all generalised claims and complaints need to have, time, place, witness etc etc.

Its red tape box ticking I know, but, thats what they do. If you play them at their game, they cannot do anything other than pass it up the responsibility tree to be further investigated.

The higher it gets, the less likely the person in the hot seat at that point will put a stop on anything, therefore, it gets pushed higher. Eventually it gets to the top and action must be taken as the momentum cannot be stopped in our spineless society now.

As I said, totally not against this, but, to get officialdome to work for you, you totally must play their game to win.

WATP