Gay Footballers

ASCIIDK

In todays game do you think that Footballers would be accepted if they were homosexual? The reason I'm asking this is that you hardly ever hear of any gay footballers. As fans could be homophobic to them, just look at what happened to Ashley Cole when rumours were circulating that he was involved in a gay orgy.

Would you mind if there was somebody gay playing for Rangers? Would they be accepted in todays game?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really wouldn't surprise me if there were quite a few gay players. They prob just haven't made it public cos of how fans and other football teams would react. As long as they play good football, that's all that matters.

It really wouldn't surprise me if there were quite a few gay players. They prob just haven't made it public cos of how fans and other football teams would react. As long as they play good football, that's all that matters.

I dare say that there would be a minority of fans that would hate them no matter how good they were.

I dare say that there would be a minority of fans that would hate them no matter how good they were.

Nah I think there will always be people who will hate them no matter what, no matter how good they were. And say for example if one of the Rangers players came out, Celtic fans (and other SPL team fans) would slate him and think up lots of little chants and songs about him. And it would be the same if it was a Celtic player who came out, Rangers fans would do the same. I think there is probably alot more gay footballers than you think, unfortunately it's just not an environment where they can easily come out.

If they were highprofile footballers they'd get slated from the stands by arseholes (there is a joke in there I'm sure of it) but it wouldn't mean anything to me if a footballers was gay whether they played for Rangers, Celtic or whoever!

Ljunberg ?? Is he not meant to be a gay.

Also heard a while back tht ginger pearson that played for Celtic was gay and that he punched John Robertson (Martin O'Neil's assistant) in training as he made a comment slagging him.

Are you sure he didn't scratch his eyes out :D.

Was McGinn's nephew and Pierce O'Leary not caught looking for the soap together in the bath years ago?

Ljunberg ?? Is he not meant to be a gay.

Also heard a while back tht ginger pearson that played for Celtic was gay and that he punched John Robertson (Martin O'Neil's assistant) in training as he made a comment slagging him.

Are you sure he didn't scratch his eyes out :D.

Was McGinn's nephew and Pierce O'Leary not caught looking for the soap together in the bath years ago?

No.