PS3 V XBOX 360

Ibroxin83

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does have a point about the Sony customer services though, however nonsensical his 'graphics' point is (as if that matters anyway these days, with the exception of frame rate which you could say does adversely affect the experience).

The Sony service is excellent, I think they pretty much ship you a replacement instantly if yours fucks up.

He does have a point about the Sony customer services though, however nonsensical his 'graphics' point is (as if that matters anyway these days, with the exception of frame rate which you could say does adversely affect the experience).

The Sony service is excellent, I think they pretty much ship you a replacement instantly if yours fucks up.

my ps2 died when i first got it and they couriered one out the next day and the courier took the old one away.

Why cant people see it is all done to preference

I've played both Xbox and PS3 online and fail to see the difference so if you're happy paying 40 pounds for a "better" service then go ahead. PS3 all the way for me and I can't see the Xbox lasting for much longer than another year or two before they have to upgrade to better the PS3.

Upgrade to better the PS3? The 360 is built far better than the PS3 with unified vertex/shader pipelines, has 512mb of memory vs the PS3's 256mb, and is far easier to program for.

There will never be a point where a game on the PS3 will look much better than on 360. And most companies make games for the 360+PS3 at the same time, so all the art assets will be exactly the same.

I have never played Xbox live.....is it actually £40 better? Because I wouldn't mind paying for a better online service aswell!

You can get a 12 month subscription for £28.90 (link). Less than the price of a new game.

Nonsense....Im surprised you're xbox didn't break while you were away typing that.

It's only nonsense if you don't read the rest of the sentence. I'm talking about architecture quality. Here's a quote from Gabe Newell (Half-life) on the PS3 - "I don't think they spent nearly enough time talking to developers when they were developing the PS3. It's less friendly for developers ... It's a hardware architectural problem. I don't think they thought through the Cell architecture. The hardware is only as good as the software it enables."

I've also read (but can't find right now) quotes by game companies saying that the CELL processor was a beast waiting to be unleashed. Saying its hard to tap into its full power now, its a big puzzle, but when they do .. :drool:

I loled.

I own both PS3 and 360. Both are awesome. I do use the PS3 more often and if a game comes out for both consoles I buy the PS3 version...BUT...Halo 3, Gears of War and Command and Conquer make me occasionally play the 360.

I've played both Xbox and PS3 online and fail to see the difference so if you're happy paying 40 pounds for a "better" service then go ahead. PS3 all the way for me and I can't see the Xbox lasting for much longer than another year or two before they have to upgrade to better the PS3.

Upgrade to better the PS3? The 360 is built far better than the PS3 with unified vertex/shader pipelines, has 512mb of memory vs the PS3's 256mb, and is far easier to program for.

There will never be a point where a game on the PS3 will look much better than on 360. And most companies make games for the 360+PS3 at the same time, so all the art assets will be exactly the same.

I have never played Xbox live.....is it actually £40 better? Because I wouldn't mind paying for a better online service aswell!

You can get a 12 month subscription for £28.90 (link). Less than the price of a new game.

Nonsense....Im surprised you're xbox didn't break while you were away typing that.

It's only nonsense if you don't read the rest of the sentence. I'm talking about architecture quality. Here's a quote from Gabe Newell (Half-life) on the PS3 - "I don't think they spent nearly enough time talking to developers when they were developing the PS3. It's less friendly for developers ... It's a hardware architectural problem. I don't think they thought through the Cell architecture. The hardware is only as good as the software it enables."

I've also read (but can't find right now) quotes by game companies saying that the CELL processor was a beast waiting to be unleashed. Saying its hard to tap into its full power now, its a big puzzle, but when they do .. :drool:

I loled.

:craphead:

PS3 who can be arsed paying for your online, also if you buy any XBox Live arcade games if you delete them from your hard drive you have to buy them again I'm sure.

No you don't.

well still no further forward as everyone seems to have there own idea of what they prefer.

my son is 6 and can out-game most of my adult mates at work, seems he has natural talent for computer stuff, he is also very intelligent ( gets that from me ) problem is he is slighty hashy with his disks, but the xbox and ps2 seem to have been left behind in his nerdy-ness. I know alot of people on here will wonder why i am buying a 6 year old a games console, We live in Germany and winter times are very cold and normal toys seem too young for his einstein like brain.

just to put things into perspective he reads encyclopedias in bed can play the piano his clothes are alll co-ordinated and knows more school stuff than his 11 year old sister.

what is the deal with just the normal 360 that has started to be sold for £169 with memory etc.

well still no further forward as everyone seems to have there own idea of what they prefer.

my son is 6 and can out-game most of my adult mates at work, seems he has natural talent for computer stuff, he is also very intelligent ( gets that from me ) problem is he is slighty hashy with his disks, but the xbox and ps2 seem to have been left behind in his nerdy-ness. I know alot of people on here will wonder why i am buying a 6 year old a games console, We live in Germany and winter times are very cold and normal toys seem too young for his einstein like brain.

just to put things into perspective he reads encyclopedias in bed can play the piano his clothes are alll co-ordinated and knows more school stuff than his 11 year old sister.

what is the deal with just the normal 360 that has started to be sold for £169 with memory etc.

I'd say sheer panic, but I'm bias :P

Okay thanks for all the responses on this but seeing as no-one can agree what is the best console i am going for A XBOX 360 purely because it is £100 cheaper, I am sure my boy will love whatever console i bought him so he's getting the cheaper version.

Okay thanks for all the responses on this but seeing as no-one can agree what is the best console i am going for A XBOX 360 purely because it is £100 cheaper, I am sure my boy will love whatever console i bought him so he's getting the cheaper version.

There is no clear winner bud - only personal choice. (tu)

Like you say your boy will be delighted with either. :unionflag:

(tu) Fair enough mate, hope he enjoys it. :D

Have fun paying monthly to play online though :craphead:

(tu) Fair enough mate, hope he enjoys it. :D

Have fun paying monthly to play online though :craphead:

he's now 7 dont think he will be playing online just yet although i'll see how that goes.

If he's seven I totally recommend the 'LEGO' series.

Particularly LEGO Star Wars. Absolutely amazing games. And another series which is better on 360. You'll be able to pick up LSW for really cheap now too.

another option would have been to rent each device for a week and check them out for yourself.

cant do that here I live in Germany find it hard enough to rent a DVD never mind a games console. decided on the 360 any way as it's cheaper.

If he's seven I totally recommend the 'LEGO' series.

Particularly LEGO Star Wars. Absolutely amazing games. And another series which is better on 360. You'll be able to pick up LSW for really cheap now too.

he has Lego Star wars for his PS2 and loves it and i see you can get Batman, Indian jones , lego racers etc, these are the 1st games he will be getting.