3 ex-Rangers mangers in quick succession just too many?

Thermopylae

I'm not sure about Souness .. his record is pretty sub-standard since leaving Ibrox where he was pretty much given an open cheque-book compared to spending elsewhere around that time.

Was able to sign the England goalkeeper and captain for a start ... funny how times change. Would never take an England keeper just now but would have no chance of having an England captain at Ibrox.

I'm not sure about Souness .. his record is pretty sub-standard since leaving Ibrox where he was pretty much given an open cheque-book compared to spending elsewhere around that time.

Was able to sign the England goalkeeper and captain for a start ... funny how times change. Would never take an England keeper just now but would have no chance of having an England captain at Ibrox.

The good old days eh

:rangers:

The National team is a pointless distraction at best, a way of getting our best players injured at worst, I no longer invest any time or worry getting myself worked up over it. Rangers are my team, they are my Scotland, unlike the Oirish fuds across the city. The SFA do us no favours and in return I see no reason to do much for them in return. I might be interested if they had the guts to reintroduce the games against the auld enemy, until then I'll stick with Glasgow Rangers and no others.

Exactly Souness bought his way to sucess at Ibrox, it also helped that English clubs were banned from European competition at the time so playing for Rangers was a VERY attractive option for all players down south as we were guarenteed european football every year. Basicaly we could pick and choose from all the English talent, was there not a time around the late eighties early ninteys where about half the starting 11 for the English national team played for us?

When he went elsewhere and didn't have those advantages he didn't impress.

Still he would have been better than Burley!