Lucky Scotland

gsa

I always find it amazing that for years we all agreed that what we needed was another McCoist.. a penalty box striker who would score goals. Boyd is exactly that and both Rangers and Scotland completely underestimate his worth.

McCoist was so much better than Boyd.

People forget that McCoist could slot into midfield if the team needed him to. No offence to Kris, but the prospect of him in the middle of the park leaves me feeling cold.

When? I must have missed that

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always find it amazing that for years we all agreed that what we needed was another McCoist.. a penalty box striker who would score goals. Boyd is exactly that and both Rangers and Scotland completely underestimate his worth.

McCoist was so much better than Boyd.

People forget that McCoist could slot into midfield if the team needed him to. No offence to Kris, but the prospect of him in the middle of the park leaves me feeling cold.

When? I must have missed that

I don't remember McCoist playing midfield!

Boyd is similar to Filippo Inzaghi. Great goal scorer, but a lazy bugger. A complete enigma for managers to work with!

McCoist played part of his early Rangers career in midfield.

And cmon, Inzaghi? There has never been a striker in the game who has better movement and striker intelligence. The guy never stops looking for space.

McCoist played part of his early Rangers career in midfield.

And cmon, Inzaghi? There has never been a striker in the game who has better movement and striker intelligence. The guy never stops looking for space.

Aye, but, didnt excel until played in his proper position. Seems Walter isnt the only Rangers manager who likes to play people out of position lol

lad's settle right down, it's just banter! is this not a forum for debate? i support rangers as much as you guys that's why certain things about the club or aspects of the team irritate me so much. i pay my money to watch the team and if i like players attitude and they are even just half or a quarter decent i'll give them all my support. what i don't do is hero worship every single person who pull on a blue shirt deserving or not.

if all of you giys gave plg this level of support we could be watching an entertaining young team by now having spent half the money. instead we are stuck with walter and his fuddy duddy ways!

please no-one reply plg gtf, it's boring.

Paul Le Guen was possibly right guy wrong time,he looked to the youth you wont get arguments there but you cant compare Boyd to Le Guen,

Fuck me Boyd could do more but there would be cobwebs in that trophy room without his cameos in the cups,

If you come on with a post like that about a Gers player no matter who it is you will get this response

I agree about Le Guen in a slight way but look at his signings he made? Litizi, svenson, etc... ud find better in the 3rd division - he fucked up with all those but was it also due to murray not putting hand in pocket?

Without boyd, we would not have any pieces of silverware in our cabnet since 2005! yet boyd still causes alot of stir and mixed emotions with the fans - lazy or genious - for me, he is both.

If boyd would improve his play, do more work outside the box then i'd say boyd could be one of the best strikers out there - but he has to do it himself! Can miller, velicia etc... push him on?

Letizi gets too much bad press on here.

He wasn't making blunder after blunder like the media would like you to believe. He made two (and one of them was hardly his fault) blunders in his time here and he was reliable for the most part. The abuse he was subject to from the crowd after the mistake he made in the Thistle game was absolutely despicable.

Im not getting into another Boyd debate as everything that has to be said about the player has been said. It's just boring.

Letizi got injured, in stepped mcgreggor - superb game after superb game, litizi is fit, out mcgreggor goes, in letizi goes and what happened? yeah, a blunder n a half.

You're right tho, he didnt make blunder after blunder, he was just incredibly shite.

our team right now - mcgreggor v alexander v litizi - wonder who would come out top and who'd be bottom....

Oh dear, one blunder or so and he's "incredibly shite".

Sure, McGregor should have been in goals instead of him, but letizi wasn't "incredibly shite" for Rangers.

Selective memories from some. It's easy to forget his two wonderful saves in Livorno.

We have the same about every player though. Lets take Adam - freekick against the tims, ronaldhinio esk goal - get is shite today and "get rid" etc... Yet some of his goals were superb.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...rem/6044556.stm - litizi was at fault here

Yeah, some wonderful saves - but like i said, Adam has scored some wonderful goals too - yet people want him out and hate him cos he is shite n all that..... Big lee anaw, vs Lyon, how about Burke, etc... coupla good saves didnt save him did it?

Fact was McGregor was the better keeper between them yet le guen always went with litizi infront of him - why? its a question i still wonder.... Le Guen cost us that year....

anyone else pleased one of their two teams is rid of that fat, lazy, self obsessed, baz snogging, co-op cup, bottom six scoring, diddy? it'll be one of my best moments supporting rangers when we finally get rid of him. a great career at either Preston or if big eck inflicts him on a new set of fans Birmingham. unless of course birmingham get promoted and have to sell him because ferdinand, terry etc have all pissed themselves laughing when up against him.

:shifty::sherlock:

Cant disagree with any of that Le Guen knows a player but Scotland was a bit of a culture shock to him.

IMO Boyd will be away in January or nxt pre season.What you think?

Nah, i think Boyd will stay with us for a while yet... I think he will improve in the next few months at MP and with Barry back he will get boyd more focused.

Is Ferguson some sort of part time baby-sitter? :blink:

Boyd should always be 100% focused, even if his mates aren't on the park. He IS a professional sportsman after all.

Supposed to be-in name only

guys do you want to start acting like grown ups? you can't call everyone who doesn't agree with you a celtic supporter. if you guys are happy for big boydy to come on against killie at home and score 2 deflections so you can all jump up and sing krissy krissy boyd then fair enough.personally i want to see actuall footballers in the rangers team. do you guys support the team or just boyd?

look at his stats. look at who wants to sign him... something missing? yes technique, ability and attitude.