Barry Ferguson Interview

stevotrueblue

One of my workmate's (who happens to be a celtic fan) told me earlier than Baz has given a interview or statement today slating Burley. In this he is supposed to have claimed that the Scotland Mgr has made bad decisions with his tactics and should apologise to Boyd snd McCullock. Has anyone heard any of this or is he just misinformed?? If he has then this sounds like the Paul LG thing all over ,,,now with the National squad ..god knows what morale must be like with the NT squad now ,,but i think burley is to blame,,, he took over a good squad of players playing out of their skins for their country and over acheiving against the best of the world,,, to what now,, he has tried to make his own mark,,bring in his own players,,and just look at the result,,he now has managed to alienate most of the squad and has only 1 win to date,,, if you want to try things new ,,THATS WHAT THE FRIENDLIES ARE FOR !! it didnt work in them and it definately didnt work on Saturday.

One of my workmate's (who happens to be a celtic fan) told me earlier than Baz has given a interview or statement today slating Burley. In this he is supposed to have claimed that the Scotland Mgr has made bad decisions with his tactics and should apologise to Boyd snd McCullock. Has anyone heard any of this or is he just misinformed?? If he has then this sounds like the Paul LG thing all over ,,,now with the National squad ..god knows what morale must be like with the NT squad now ,,but i think burley is to blame,,, he took over a good squad of players playing out of their skins for their country and over acheiving against the best of the world,,, to what now,, he has tried to make his own mark,,bring in his own players,,and just look at the result,,he now has managed to alienate most of the squad and has only 1 win to date,,, if you want to try things new ,,THATS WHAT THE FRIENDLIES ARE FOR !! it didnt work in them and it definately didnt work on Saturday.

Funny you bring the PLG saga up, cause i was just about to post a thread about it.

Barry Ferguson backs a player over his International Manager, while he still technically the Scotland Captain.

Then we have Boyd Slating his Manager!

2 main culprits in the PLG saga at it again, makes you wonders if PLG was right about them being a bad influence :pipe:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12098_4306599,00.html

Funny you bring the PLG saga up, cause i was just about to post a thread about it.

Barry Ferguson backs a player over his International Manager, while he still technically the Scotland Captain.

2 main culprits in the PLG saga at it again, makes you wonders if PLG was right about them being a bad influence :pipe:

Yes but Baz didn't slate Burley in that interview.

Conspiracy theories +1

Conspiracy theories +1

Never said he did slate Burley <cr>

But he didn't back him for his decision, he said he understood and respected Boyd decision!

Sounds like he backing Boyd to me :pipe:

Conspiracy theories +1

But he didn't back him for his decision, he said he understood and respected Boyd decision!

Ferguson also said that he was disappointed with Boyd's decision.

"Obviously I am disappointed that he is not going to be involved in the next couple of squads because obviously as captain I want the best players to be there and Boydy is certainly one of, if not the best strikers about in terms of goals, so I am disappointed in that way.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4306599,00.html

Conspiracy theories +1

"Obviously I am disappointed that he is not going to be involved in the next couple of squads because obviously as captain I want the best players to be there and Boydy is certainly one of, if not the best strikers about in terms of goals, so I am disappointed in that way.

Ofcourse he's disappointed one less of his best mates playing for Scotland :pipe:

Conspiracy theories +1

Ofcourse he's disappointed one less of his best mates playing for Scotland :pipe:

Or Scotland's best strikers (goals to games ratio) will not be playing under Burley.

Conspiracy theories +1

Or Scotland's best strikers (goals to games ratio) will not be playing under Burley.

Boyd had nobody to blame bar himself!

Boyd technically hasn't retired from International football, so if Burley really wants to be a right Bastard and if it was me i would do (tu)

Burley could still select Boyd for future squads and if he doesn’t turn up invoke the four-day ruling to prevent him playing for Rangers.

Conspiracy theories +1

Boyd had nobody to blame bar himself!

Boyd technically hasn't retired from International football, so if Burley really wants to be a right Bastard and if it was me i would do (tu)

Burley could still select Boyd for future squads and if he doesn’t turn up invoke the four-day ruling to prevent him playing for Rangers.

No wonder he's pissed off though. Scotland need a goal and Burley leaves his most proven goalscorer on the bench and puts on Fletcher (who has only scored 34 goals in his career) and Iwelumo (international debutant).

No wonder he's pissed off though. Scotland need a goal and Burley leaves his most proven goalscorer on the bench and puts on Fletcher (who has only scored 34 goals in his career) and Iwelumo (international debutant).

No be long then till McHuffy does the same trick, and refuses to play for us then <cr>

Burley himself said he respected the decision?

Fletcher should never of been brought on. I can see why he brought on Iwelumo. I think the reason he only brought on Fletcher was to get himself off the hook after taking him out the under 21's and into the top team and not playing him. A time when the under 21's could of done with him.

No be long then till McHuffy does the same trick, and refuses to play for us then <cr>

It wasn't a spur of the moment decision though, he was thinking about last month.