When Ferguson returns

GOAT

Will we have the Barry Ferguson of the old. The attacking midfielder, 20 goal a season, running the show Barry Ferguson.

Or...

Will we have the Barry Ferguson of last season. The it's my baw, I'll sit back and hold the line and be at the heart of every single move Barry Ferguson.

Wouldn't mind a mixture of both TBH, but hopefully we'll have the same Barry Ferguson from the 2003 treble season.

Will Mendes style of play not allow him to push forward and occasionally get in behind defences? I want some more Barry goals!

That's what I'm getting at. Hopefully he doesn't feel the need to do what he done last season and attack more. The Barry Ferguson who drive right through the heart of defences in 2003 was an absolute class act.

Will we have the Barry Ferguson of the old. The attacking midfielder, 20 goal a season, running the show Barry Ferguson.

That Barry doesnt exist and we shouldnt expect this to happen

Or...

Will we have the Barry Ferguson of last season. The it's my baw, I'll sit back and hold the line and be at the heart of every single move Barry Ferguson.

Wouldn't mind a mixture of both TBH, but hopefully we'll have the same Barry Ferguson from the 2003 treble season.

I hope he plays in front on the back 4 and dictates play. However Walter is in charge and left midfield is up for grabs

Cannot wait to see mendes and fergie in the heart of the rangers midfield. With mendes's passin ability and fergusons passion and flair then we should have the most controlling midfield in the SPL and we should expect more goals coming from our midfield.

Now I'm no expert but IMO it'll be a midfield of:

DAVIS - MENDES - FERGUSON - THOMPSON

That would be my bet. I'd like to see Edu in there somewhere at some stage. :craphead:

Don't think thomson would be play as well on th left as he does in th middle.

That would be my bet. I'd like to see Edu in there somewhere at some stage. :craphead:

Obviously not an expert as you think Alan or David ThomPson plays for us :harhar:

Welcome to RM btw Jamesy (tu)

My one big big worry about Fergie returning is if as expected by most on here KT drops out, who will make any tackles in the midfield?

Spot on mate,Thommo is a different player from the rest and IMO he cant be dropped for Fergie

A;though Fergie should come back in,its a headache trying to fit Mendes,Davis,Thommo and Fergie into a 4 man midfield

but Wattie gets paid for that not me :cool:

Obviously not an expert as you think Alan or David ThomPson plays for us :harhar:

Welcome to RM btw Jamesy (tu)

:blush::mutley:

Cheers mate!!!

If KT is shunted out left then we really need to get a much more attacking LB who will overlap Thommo when he moves inside. Love Papac but with 4 CM's in the midfield we would need our full backs to move up more.

Problem would be that we would have 4 CM's in midfield and 4 natural CB's in defence...

i dont think i would like to see thompson dropped, hes the type of player that you dont really notice his role untill hes out the team. just look wat happend agsint st mirren, thompson would have tracked back and not allowed them to get the shot in for the goal.

__________Ferguson____Thomson__________

Davis____________Mendes____________LM/W

Don't want to see Thomson, Davis or Mendes dropped for Ferguson tbh.

Plus, Barry Ferguson is never an attacking midfielder and if our manager plays him in that role then he should be given the boot!

If KT is shunted out left then we really need to get a much more attacking LB who will overlap Thommo when he moves inside. Love Papac but with 4 CM's in the midfield we would need our full backs to move up more.

Problem would be that we would have 4 CM's in midfield and 4 natural CB's in defence...

That's Walter's style though. Once Beasley had gone off today we had 3 CMs, 4 CBS and 3 strikers on the pitch.

__________Ferguson____Thomson__________

Davis____________Mendes____________LM/W

Don't want to see Thomson, Davis or Mendes dropped for Ferguson tbh.

Plus, Barry Ferguson is never an attacking midfielder and if our manager plays him in that role then he should be given the boot!

i reckon that will be our formation when fergie is back in the 1st team, but i do hate the thought of our whole shape changing to fit ferguson in.

Means going with one upfront - we don't have the personnel to do it.

We should continue to play with two strikers but who do you leave out?

Take Thomson out the side and you remove balance, hard work and snapping away/tackles....

Plus it also puts a £2.7m summer signing even further down the pecking order - miss spent money once again!

i like the 442, think boyd n miller suit well :)

ye they showed some good link up play in those terrible conditions against hamilton. hate the thought of playing with 1 striker though, even if it was to be an attacking 451