Protest against anti-British racism outside Parkhead?

OlegKuznetsov

Protest Anti-British racism at Parkhead.  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support it?

• Yes and actively so.
    • Yes, but I wouldn't turn up.
    • No. It's confrontational and will backfire.
    • No. It's a waste of time.
  2. 2. Would it be more effective and less confrontational to do it at the SPL HQ?

• Yes.
    • No.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of ways to put the emphasis on anti-British racism and this appears to be a decent one. We could use the old "Show Racism the Red Card" message.

I'd appreciate the thoughts of others.

The red card idea seems as good as any if you want to go down that route.

Interesting that you seem to have no problem with the term racism in relation to the British.

I was thinking of ways to put the emphasis on anti-British racism and this appears to be a decent one. We could use the old "Show Racism the Red Card" message.

Interesting that you seem to have no problem with the term racism in relation to the British.

..because it applies to this, totally different, context.

There is no comparison to your attempts to mangle definitions.

You should really let it go now.

So you think we can't be racist towards the Irish because they are the same race, yet you are accusing people of the same race of being racist towards us? Never mind context or definitions...that's hypocrisy, pure and simple. Not surprised you want to let it go.

So you think we can't be racist towards the Irish because they are the same race, yet you are accusing people of the same race of being racist towards us? Never mind context or definitions...that's hypocrisy, pure and simple. Not surprised you want to let it go.

I'll give you one last chance to exit the thread gracefully, before completely I dismantle your arguments again.

So what is your stance then Briton?

Is the famine song racist? If so, is the anti-British slogans/songs that the monobrows continuously preach as equally racist?

Sometimes I reckon you are purely here to bam posters up. I'm sure it's fun for you but it's ridiculous sitting on the sidelines taken swipes at another poster who is determined to fight for the Rangers supporters cause while you offer the square root of hee haw on what you actually believe and how it can be beneficial to Rangers.

So what is your stance then Briton?

Is the famine song racist? If so, is the anti-British slogans/songs that the monobrows continuously preach as equally racist?

Sometimes I reckon you are purely here to bam posters up. I'm sure it's fun for you but it's ridiculous sitting on the sidelines taken swipes at another poster who is determined to fight for the Rangers supporters cause while you offer the square root of hee haw on what you actually believe and how it can be beneficial to Rangers.

If we are to accept that Scots winding up fellow Scots for pretending to be Irish when 95% of them aren't and 60+% of them have no Irish heritage is somehow racist, then singing in support of racist, sectarian terrorist groups who killed innocent men, women and children for no other reason than being British and/or Protestant, is much more racist.

However, my point is that TFIO is not racist, since it's sung by Scots about Scots. IRA songs are explicitly racist for they glorify the murder of certain ethnic groups.

I admire your sentiments but tbh this has no chance of succeeding for 2 reasons:

1) The authorities would never allow it

2) The apathy of the Rangers support/protestants in general towards all such protests

I wish you luck with your efforts if you try and organise any such protest but I think a better use of your time would be to concentrate on doing something 'big' when they visit Ibrox next month.

That is our real opportunity for getting any massage across about their anti-British, pro-Irish agenda.

I think appropriate banners should be made and displayed around the Govan and Copland front and the 2 enclosures with clear messages along the lines:

celtc fc - Scotland's shame since 1888

celtc fc - Ireland's shame since 1888

celtc fc - ashamed of nothing, offended by everything

celtc fc - harbourer of paedophiles and fenian terrorist sympathisers since 1888

celtc fc - no respect for the British war dead

Apartheid Schooling - Scotland's Real Sectarian Problem

The Rangers Tradition is Minute Silences, The celtc tradition is too disrupt them

etc etc

How many of those you will get to display is another matter

I admire your sentiments but tbh this has no chance of succeeding for 2 reasons:

2) The apathy of the Rangers support/protestants in general towards all such protests

I wish you luck with your efforts if you try and organise any such protest but I think a better use of your time would be to concentrate on doing something 'big' when they visit Ibrox next month.

That is our real opportunity for getting any massage across about their anti-British, pro-Irish agenda.

I think appropriate banners should be made and displayed around the Govan and Copland front and the 2 enclosures with clear messages along the lines:

celtc fc - harbourer of paedophiles and fenian terrorist sympathisers since 1888

etc etc

That's the only one that the authorities would allow. No hope in hell of any of the others even getting in to the ground.

etc etc

That's the only one that the authorities would allow. No hope in hell of any of the others even getting in to the ground.

Therein lies the problem. Can you imagine Liverpool or Man Utd fans not being allowed to display similar banners at their grounds?

Apologies for stealing your phrase and slightly altering it. It's very accurate.

Why would we tell the authorities of the timing?

If we have enough people, we can arrange it by PM or email.

Even if they turn up to stop it after quarter of an hour, then we'll have enough footage to send to the media.

I'll give you one last chance to exit the thread gracefully, before completely I dismantle your arguments again.

LMFAO. Sure you will Foxy. You have destroyed your argument with the hyopcritical title of this thread. You say we can't be racist to the Irish, because they are of the same race, and then whine about Celtic supporters being racist towards the British. Oh dear.

LMFAO. Sure you will Foxy. You have destroyed your argument with the hyopcritical title of this thread. You say we can't be racist to the Irish, because they are of the same race, and then whine about Celtic supporters being racist towards the British. Oh dear.

Again you're using selective quotes out of context.

Are you Graham Spiers?

So he's a hypocrite but you haven't stated weather you think the Celtc support indulge in racist chants etc

You obviously disagree with his earlier stance that the Irish aren't a race so I can only conclude that you actually agree with the OP but are picking holes in it for arguments sake.

You have destroyed your argument with the hyopcritical title of this thread. You say we can't be racist to the Irish, because they are of the same race, and then whine about Celtic supporters being racist towards the British. Oh dear.

Again you're using selective quotes out of context.

Are you Graham Spiers?

Is the silly little insult you dismantling my argument?

So he's a hypocrite but you haven't stated weather you think the Celtc support indulge in racist chants etc

You obviously disagree with his earlier stance that the Irish aren't a race so I can only conclude that you actually agree with the OP but are picking holes in it for arguments sake.

No. I'm saying th racism no longer only means prejudice against people of a different race, and includes nationalities and ethnic groups. Has done for years. Any definition you read will agree with that. Not saying I agree that's how it should be but it's obvious to any reasonable observer that that is the case. By that PC standard many Celtic fans are racist...the behaviour over rememberance day being an example of their prejudice, as well as any anti-British chanting. It works both ways.

No. I'm saying th racism no longer only means prejudice against people of a different race, and includes nationalities and ethnic groups. Has done for years. Any definition you read will agree with that. Not saying I agree that's how it should be but it's obvious to any reasonable observer that that is the case. By that PC standard many Celtic fans are racist...the behaviour over rememberance day being an example of their prejudice, as well as any anti-British chanting. It works both ways.

So if we are to face slurs within the media that highlight pseudo Oirishness amongst the Green and Grey then we are well within rights to fight fire with fire. Something Oleg has advocated from the start. He aint a hypocrite, simply a bear looking for ways to defend us as a support.

Even if they turn up to stop it after quarter of an hour, then we'll have enough footage to send to the media.

I didn't think for a minute that you would tell the authorities anything about it but I would be very surprised if they didn't find out about before it happened.

How many people do you deem to be 'enough' ?

Word of such protests almost always gets out and some will express interest in attending to find out what's going on, tell their mates who will tell their mates etc etc.

I'm not trying to put a dampener on it but I think you're up against it mate.

We all knew what was going to happen at the weeken so why did thousands not turn up outside celtc park to condemn the minute's applause, hold their own minute's silence in protest and then meet and greet ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ as they came out?

That was the time to protest and would have made the news big time. If organised properly I'm sure a few hundred bears would have been only too happy to turn up at celtc park last Saturday.

That's where you're wrong and won't admit it.

So if we are to face slurs within the media that highlight pseudo Oirishness amongst the Green and Grey then we are well within rights to fight fire with fire. Something Oleg has advocated from the start. He aint a hypocrite, simply a bear looking for ways to defend us as a support.

We are but Wolfie stated the even if we were anti-Irish then it wouldn't be racism. All I did was point out that by modern standards that is incorrect. That is why people like Lex Gould were using the term. To be fair to Wolfie he is only one of many saying, 'but the Irish are no a race'. That is no argument at all by today's definitions.

I didn't think for a minute that you would tell the authorities anything about it but I would be very surprised if they didn't find out about before it happened.

How many people do you deem to be 'enough' ?

Word of such protests almost always gets out and some will express interest in attending to find out what's going on, tell their mates who will tell their mates etc etc.

I'm not trying to put a dampener on it but I think you're up against it mate.

We all knew what was going to happen at the weeken so why did thousands not turn up outside celtc park to condemn the minute's applause, hold their own minute's silence in protest and then meet and greet ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ as they came out?

That was the time to protest and would have made the news big time. If organised properly I'm sure a few hundred bears would have been only too happy to turn up at celtc park last Saturday.

You're talking my language there mate. (tu)

Good luck to Oleg though. (tu)

We are but Wolfie stated the even if we were anti-Irish then it wouldn't be racism. All I did was point out that by modern standards that is incorrect. That is why people like Lex Gould were using the term. To be fair to Wolfie he is only one of many saying, 'but the Irish are no a race'. That is no argument at all by today's definitions.

doh

You should inform most major dictionaries they are wrong.

Definitions of racism on the Web:

* Prejudice or discrimination based on an individual's race; can be expressed individually or through institutional policies or practices. ...

www.hsp.org/default.aspx

* Racism is prejudice or discrimination based on the belief that race is the primary factor determining human traits and abilities. Racism includes the belief that genetic or inherited differences produce the inherent superiority or inferiority of one race over another. ...

www.adl.org/children_holocaust/more_resources.asp

* refers to beliefs and practices that assume inherent and significant differences exist between the genetics of various groups of human beings; that assume these differences can be measured on a scale of "superior" to "inferior"; and that result in the social, political and economic advantage of ...

www.spiritus-temporis.com/racism/related-concepts.html

* An ideology based on the idea that humans can be separated into distinct racial groups and that these groups can be ranked on a hierarchy of ...

bitbucket.icaap.org/dict.pl

* defined broadly as stigmatization of those we perceive as different from us; defined specifically as the doctrine that inherent differences among ...

www.geocities.com/Paris/Chateau/6110/europeconceptsterms.htm

* is racial and cultural prejudice and discrimination, supported intentionally or unintentionally by institutional power and authority, used to the ...

www.globalexchange.org/about/aocdefinitions.html.pf

* The doctrine that race is the basic determinant of human abilities and that, therefore, the various racial groups constitute a hierarchy in which ...

www.unk.edu/offices/aaeo/index.php

* is power plus racial prejudice, a system that leads to the oppression of or discrimination against, specific racial or ethnic groups.

colours.mahost.org/faq/definitions.html

* the belief that one’s own race is superior to another. This belief is based on the erroneous assumption that physical attributes determine the ...

www.idra.org/South_Central_Collaborative_for_Equity/Race_Equity_and_Desegregation/Race_Equity_and_Desegregation_Terminology/

* discrimination on the basis of race

www.gradesaver.com/classicnotes/titles/colorwater/terms.html

* Believing that one race is superior to another. Used historically to justify imperialism and human rights abuses.

www.mspugh.net/Documents/specificterms.doc

* the domination and discrimination of one racial group (socially defined group with a presumed common genetic heritage resulting in noted physical characteristics such as skin color, height, hair color) by another.

www.whsd.org/users/brm/wc/defn.html

* Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

moodle.bathpublicschools.com/moodle/mod/glossary/view.php

* translated by Eden and Cedar Paul.

www.thewordbook.com/Magnus_Hirschfeld

* is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human capacities, that a certain race is inherently superior or inferior to others, and/or that individuals should be treated differently according to their racial designation. ...

www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Racial-hatred

* The landlord who hangs himself, the ice-cream episode in Washington DC, the increased suspicion during the McCarthy era all contribute to highlight the theme of racism.

www.wielkaencyklopedia.com/en/wiki/Zami.html

* 1 Racism can be defined in several ways.

www.bristolpct.nhs.uk/theTrust/Equality/Race/glossary.asp

* Prejudice and/or discrimination based on the myth of race. Racists believe that some groups are born superior to others and, in the name of protecting their race from “contamination,” they justify the domination and destruction of races they consider to be inferior to their own (Anti ...

www.in.gov/cji/youth/compliance/glossary.doc

* refers to beliefs, practices, and institutions that discriminate against people based on their perceived or ascribed "race". ...

openencyclopedia.net/index.php/Racist

* the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races

* discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

www.teach-nology.com/worksheets/soc_studies/blackhistory/vocab/

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&c...earch&meta=

I don't see one mention of nationality there, "Briton", or should I call you Fern?