Protest against anti-British racism outside Parkhead?

OlegKuznetsov

Protest Anti-British racism at Parkhead.  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support it?

• Yes and actively so.
    • Yes, but I wouldn't turn up.
    • No. It's confrontational and will backfire.
    • No. It's a waste of time.
  2. 2. Would it be more effective and less confrontational to do it at the SPL HQ?

• Yes.
    • No.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be there just as I was for the BBC protest.

Time for bears to stand up and be counted.

Personally I'm sick to the back teeth of recieving bog standard replies via e-mails.

Direct action is sometimes the only course of action to take.

Grow a set of testicles bears!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

From what I can see we are trying to escalate a wind up into something more than it is, and by trying to play the anti-racists (anti-british) card we are in danger of making ourselves look like twats! Surely as a group we have more wit and imagination than shown by this idea?

From what I can see we are trying to escalate a wind up into something more than it is, and by trying to play the anti-racists (anti-british) card we are in danger of making ourselves look like twats! Surely as a group we have more wit and imagination than shown by this idea?

Like what? Highlighting and laughing at their faux Oirishness.......oh wait

If defending ourselves against anti-British bile is being of a twatish nature then lick my clitoris.

Bluepeter9 as ever - quick with the insults frighteningly short of ideas.

I'd be there just as I was for the BBC protest.

Time for bears to stand up and be counted.

Personally I'm sick to the back teeth of recieving bog standard replies via e-mails.

Direct action is sometimes the only course of action to take.

Grow a set of testicles bears!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

That's pretty much my thinking. (tu)

If defending ourselves against anti-British bile is being of a twatish nature then lick my clitoris.

Yes - defending 'ourselves' against anti-british bile is TWATISH - it brings politics into football where it dont belong, and I jsut dont buy into this 'oh there doing it we should do it to ' arguement. I like to wind Celtic supporters up but not at the cost of stooping to their level. If you want to make a political protest - go ahead - its your right - but dont bring that association down and act withmoronic intent and drag the great name of Rangers into your political arena!

Yes - defending 'ourselves' against anti-british bile is TWATISH - it brings politics into football where it dont belong, and I jsut dont buy into this 'oh there doing it we should do it to ' arguement. I like to wind Celtic supporters up but not at the cost of stooping to their level. If you want to make a political protest - go ahead - its your right - but dont bring that association down and act withmoronic intent and drag the great name of Rangers into your political arena!

Your right politics should be involved with football in an ideal world but as im sure you are aware this world is far from ideal!

Politics have been involved in football for centuries and if that keeps you happy, sitting on your arse being attacked from all sides, then continue to think that but if you think that politcs and football arent very much hand in hand these day then you arent as clever as i give you credit for!

As for the nationality thing one of my mates was fighting with 2 polish bouncers at a 21st the other week and he gave them quite a kicking.

He was charged with breach of the peace and for assault.

While he was in court the police report said that he was calling them polish cunts and things like that and they tried to say it was a racially motivated attack and that he was racist he was found not guilty as the cctv showed him being hit first, but abusing someone because of their nationality is racism in the eyes of the law.

Once again you sorely lack ideas on what to do. You talk of this 'great name' Rangers have but fail to see that - that is exactly what we are trying to defend. I know you have been oblivious to the agenda that has befalling our club (even though the club has even had to concede that), perhaps I simply don't want to fight this agenda with ignorance like you suggest. And where exactly do you get off with calling other bears moronic in attempting to stem the tide?

Let's not act like them? Don't make me laugh and do me a massive favour....

...Either put up or shut up on how exactly we should handle this imbalance.

Once again you sorely lack ideas on what to do. You talk of this 'great name' Rangers have but fail to see that - that is exactly what we are trying to defend. I know you have been oblivious to the agenda that has befalling our club (even though the club has even had to concede that), perhaps I simply don't want to fight this agenda with ignorance like you suggest. And where exactly do you get off with calling other bears moronic in attempting to stem the tide?

This percieved imbalance that lives in the minds of the paranoic amongst us - 'Oh err that , well the press are, like, totally against us, and its terribble, that those celtic fans call us names and oh err we never do anything wrong but always get blamed ..... I'll have to, errr well, mouth of on a web somewhere' <cr>

There is no imbalance - whats happening is we are taking a petty subject and asking 'people' to pick a corner to stand in - what 'we' are doing by this is making the situation worse not better. Lets see how far we can escalate this - perhaps have some fights over it, or a riot or worse! Ill founded idea - want to laugh at Celtic - sing 'two little boys' at them, sing 'You'll never Walk alone' and then laugh, when they next come to Ibrox, sing Flower of Scotland, lets all do the conga, but hold a anti-british racist rally and lest all go political - Not for me I think its a moronic idea though up by people who dont realise its a FOOTBALL team we support. Take the football out of Rangers you have fuck all - take the politics out of Football and you still have the greatest spectator sport on earth!

This percieved imbalance that lives in the minds of the paranoic amongst us - 'Oh err that , well the press are, like, totally against us, and its terribble, that those celtic fans call us names and oh err we never do anything wrong but always get blamed ..... I'll have to, errr well, mouth of on a web somewhere' <cr>

There is no imbalance - whats happening is we are taking a petty subject and asking 'people' to pick a corner to stand in - what 'we' are doing by this is making the situation worse not better. Lets see how far we can escalate this - perhaps have some fights over it, or a riot or worse! Ill founded idea - want to laugh at Celtic - sing 'two little boys' at them, sing 'You'll never Walk alone' and then laugh, when they next come to Ibrox, sing Flower of Scotland, lets all do the conga, but hold a anti-british racist rally and lest all go political - Not for me I think its a moronic idea though up by people who dont realise its a FOOTBALL team we support. Take the football out of Rangers you have fuck all - take the politics out of Football and you still have the greatest spectator sport on earth!

So you think the press we've been getting in relation to "the famine song" is accurate, fair and in appropriate proportion to the lack of focus on decades of IRA chants?

Do you agree with Spiers? Are you you he?

As someone who routinely fails to see faults in our current regime would you say they are paranoiac? Probably not, you'll try and twist it to suit your 'everything is rosy' outlook. If you want to remain completely ignorant to all that's happening around you then be my guest. However if you start implying that those who choose to take action and protest against what is a clear campaign to vilify the Rangers support as moronic then I'll have to take you to task. Some of us have already decided to stand up against the imbalance (The BBC protests) and despite your insinuations (IMO hopes) that they'd produce fights, riots or worse they passed without incident.

As for your suggestions to wind up Declan. Erm for starters I've already said I'd like us to sing 'two little boys' quite what that should have to do about winding the monobrows up is anyone's guess but yours. Secondly singing YNWA to wind them up? Be my guest. perhaps those around you will knock some sense in to you. And singing Flower of Scotland? Gies a break. Why you believe a predominantly pro Unionist support would sing something so blatantly anti British only further highlights what a deluded ignorant half baked individual you are.

Oh and the removal of politics from football? What else exactly would you call a protest against anti British bile within the stadia?

Why do people who debate with me disappear when I ask a certain form of question?

If thats a dig at me I apologise for not hanging on the PC all day monitoring replies.

I think we are in real danger of blowing all this tit-fot-tat into something its not and that includes the press - they just love all this excalation stuff and 'we' are buying it hook line and sinker. 'I did this, they did that' - dont the press just love it cause of all the papers they sell. Lets laugh at the press for the stirring shits they are. Oleg you were making good headway with your campaings of writting to various people - all positive, but to take that and try to escalate it ointo some sort of anti-British racism protest at Parkhead is an escalation that will feed the press, give them even more reason to write about the club. Enjoy the fact that Celtic shot themselves in the foot and have been widely condemend in the press for it but dont lose the plot by promoting this stupid sort of excallation.

- for the record I am not Spiers!

As someone who routinely fails to see faults in our current regime would you say they are paranoiac? Probably not, you'll try and twist it to suit your 'everything is rosy' outlook. If you want to remain completely ignorant to all that's happening around you then be my guest. However if you start implying that those who choose to take action and protest against what is a clear campaign to vilify the Rangers support as moronic then I'll hao task. Some of us have already decided to stand up against the imbalance (The BBC protests) and despite your insinuations (IMO hopes) that they'd produce fights, riots or worse they passed without incident.

As for your suggestions to wind up Declan. Erm for starters I've already said I'd like us to sing 'two little boys' quite what that should have to do about winding the monobrows up is anyone's guess but yours. Secondly singing YNWA to wind them up? Be my guest. perhaps those around you will knock some sense in to you. And singing Flower of Scotland? Gies a break. Why you believe a predominantly pro Unionist support would sing something so blatantly anti British only further highlights what a deluded ignorant half baked individual you are.

Oh and the removal of politics from football? What else exactly would you call a protest against anti British bile within the stadia?

What I see faults in are taking views on hating your greatest rivals and trying to associate Rangers Football club with politics or religion. This get at Celtic at all costs (IMHO) is taking the fun out of the rivalry we have - but then your agenda in supporting this proposed protest is either rivallry gone mad, or you are trying to manipulate the Rangers fans for your own political ends - either way this proposed protest is Moronic.

As for singing songs to wind them up - you obviously dont get irony nor sarcasm - probably deliberately ! stile you keep fighting to associate your politics with Rangers and I will keep knocking you for doing so!

As someone who routinely fails to see faults in our current regime would you say they are paranoiac? Probably not, you'll try and twist it to suit your 'everything is rosy' outlook. If you want to remain completely ignorant to all that's happening around you then be my guest. However if you start implying that those who choose to take action and protest against what is a clear campaign to vilify the Rangers support as moronic then I'll hao task. Some of us have already decided to stand up against the imbalance (The BBC protests) and despite your insinuations (IMO hopes) that they'd produce fights, riots or worse they passed without incident.

What I see faults in are taking views on hating your greatest rivals and trying to associate Rangers Football club with politics or religion. This get at Celtic at all costs (IMHO) is taking the fun out of the rivalry we have - but then your agenda in supporting this proposed protest is either rivallry gone mad, or you are trying to manipulate the Rangers fans for your own political ends - either way this proposed protest is Moronic.

As for singing songs to wind them up - you obviously dont get irony nor sarcasm - probably deliberately ! stile you keep fighting to associate your politics with Rangers and I will keep knocking you for doing so!

You are the epitome of clueless. You refuse to debate the issues at hand. You should get yourself a job for Liewell. Your tactics are more or less one and the same.

You are the epitome of clueless. You refuse to debate the issues at hand. You should get yourself a job for Liewell. Your tactics are more or less one and the same.

I refuse to be sucked into the trap of debating politics on a football board, and will remain vocal in my condemnation of anyone trying to attach agendas to the club, or proposing protests that are highly likely to bring the club further trouble.

I refuse to be sucked into the trap of debating politics on a football board, and will remain vocal in my condemnation of anyone trying to attach agendas to the club, or proposing protests that are highly likely to bring the club further trouble.

The problem is though BP that that is exactly what Celtic FC have done with regard to the Famine song - furthermore by their own admission their singing is "political" rather than sectarian. Aye right.

I retain my opposition to the Famine Song - however I do acknowledge the need to...rather than "stoop to their level"...fight them at their own game.

For those who contend that it cannot be racism against the Irish as they are the same race.....may I remind you that successful prosecutions have been brought all over the UK when people have referred to others as "English C*%^" or "Jock Ba%**%"

I don't see one mention of nationality there, "Briton", or should I call you Fern?

Some real links:

Equality and Human Rights Commission (incorporating the CRE).

http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/your...cimination.aspx

The United Nations.

http://www.hri.org/docs/ICERD66.html

The Crown Prosecution Service

http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/prosecu...bcrbook.html#03

Unbelievable that you continue with this even though you are accusing Celtic fans of anti-British racism. How do you square that hypocrisy?

I don't see one mention of nationality there, "Briton", or should I call you Fern?

Some real links:

The United Nations.

Unbelievable that you continue with this even though you are accusing Celtic fans of anti-British racism. How do you square that hypocrisy?

Yep. That's you proving my point.

As I said all along, they're legal definitions which don't apply here. Where does the song mention any racial or national group?

The problem is though BP that that is exactly what Celtic FC have done with regard to the Famine song - furthermore by their own admission their singing is "political" rather than sectarian. Aye right.

I retain my opposition to the Famine Song - however I do acknowledge the need to...rather than "stoop to their level"...fight them at their own game.

For those who contend that it cannot be racism against the Irish as they are the same race.....may I remind you that successful prosecutions have been brought all over the UK when people have referred to others as "English C*%^" or "Jock Ba%**%"

Yes D'Art, but where in the song is the word "Irish" or "mickey"?

That's a crucial difference, which legally makes the song ambiguous.

Also, I believe those are for cases where an individual is targeted, rather than some vague undirected song.

Some real links:

The United Nations.

Yep. That's you proving my point.

As I said all along, they're legal definitions which don't apply here. Where does the song mention any racial or national group?

Stop squirming and moving the goal posts. You said that even if the FIO song was anti-Irish it still wouldn't be racist. That has been shown to be wrong. You also have no problem with accusing them of being anti-British *racists*.

Whether the song is anti-Irish or not is a different issue and I have never said it is. I would say that insisting the song doesn't mention any group is a bit cowardly. The (Irish) famine is over, why don't you (Irish) go home (to Ireland). That is what is being said. Granted most of us think of them as pseudo/plastic Irish but others will see it as anti-Irish.