Screw the nut

calderbear

Will some of the posters on here get a reality check?

We have constant posts wanting Fleck to be put into the first team immediately.

The fact that he is actually injured does not seem to be a factor in many peoples eyes.

They want us to play Arron in the first team in spite of the fact that he has shown the square root of f all in the reserves.

I agree we should be giving the young centre half for the reserves (apologies I've forgotten his name) as he has actually been playing quite well and deserves his chance before playing McCulloch in yet another position in an attemp to justify why we paid so much money for him.

To contradict myself slightly I concede that McCulloch did quite well in the air defensively on Saturday.

Criticise Walter Smith for tactical errors/naivety and an infuriating lack of intelligence with regards when to put on a sub and who the sub should actually be but please lay off the personal insults, as it is getting increasingly distasteful.

Not really, we were asking for Fleck to be put in when he wasn't injured.

We want wingers to play wide, defenders to play in defence and attackers to play up front - what's the problem with that?

Am with papa on this one (tu)

Adam, Beasley and McCulloch have been poor in the reserves at times this season - yet they get the chance in the 1st team!

But hey, let's stick to Walter Smith's bum chums. No-one has made the left side theirs yet - surely Aaron deserves a shot to see what he can do. He can't be that bad considering he was the best player at the U-17 and U-19 European Championships and impressed in the Spanish U-21's.

As for Fleck - the times we saw him last season showed that he is capable of playing in the 1st team.

Right I usually don't post sensible replies however here goes,

You have started a topic which starts off having a go at fellow forum members calling for Fleck and Aaron to be part of the first team... I myself see no reason why they should not be involved as both of these players have been tipped for the top! If I recall correctly Fleck was once labelled the next Wayne Rooney! Also the spanish youth coach suggested that Aarons talents are far greater than Crosas who is involved quite regularly with them!

As for your defence of Smith... I understand that you do not like the personal insults(nor do I) but it would be Naive to say that Smith is not to blame for some of our bad results this year... the man has definitely got a "jobs for the boys" agenda... I mean re-training McCulloch is the most backwards idea I have ever heard... You can't teach an old dog new tricks ;)

It's all very well saying play the young ones more but rmember they are playing for Rangers and unlike young players from other teams, they will be meeting players week in week out who play 110 % when playing Rangers.

It's easy to play youngsters when you have a class team on the pitch but Rangers are not a "class" team att he moment and can't afford to risk playing youngsters who are used to easy reserve type games.

If Walter feels they can handle a real mans game, then he will play them. Only when the Rangers main stream are injured will he play youngsters.

I sympathise for the youngsters not getting their chance. They would probably be playing for other teams now,but the other teams can afford to blood youngsters with none of the added pressure of playing for the Rangers first team.

Burke came through and failed. One touch and he goes flying. He can't handle the rough and tumble of the premier league.

Who's to say Fleck and the likes won't be the same?

I am sure Walter will play them when he thinks they can handle it.

Aaron and Fleck are both loaded with potential. Aaron if he can play on the wing for the Spanish U21 team can certainly play on the wing in the SPL or at very least since we are lacking width can be given a try-out.

Fleck showed in the SCF last year he can play at this level. He should have been tried earlier before he got injured. We stand a good chance of losing Fleck if we never give him a chance.

In the past young stars like Ian MacDonald, Willie Henderson, Forrest, Willoughby, DJ, etc were given a chance at an early age and excelled. B Ferguson too. Walter should know this. If they look like a fish out of water in one game, ok. We will at least have learned something, but to never give them a chance is ludicrous. Especially when we are crying out for width.

I have seen Aaron play against the likes of Daniel De Rossi, Christian Chivu, Sotiris Ninis, Vasilis Torosidis, Didier Domi....and not looked out of place. He's coped with them well.

As for John Fleck - he has already shown in his run outs last season that he can handle that side of the game. I'm sure everyone in the Rangers team say he's the one who bullies the 1st team players on the training and he gave Barry Robson and absolute cracker of a challenge in the reserves last season.

Burke came through and failed. One touch and he goes flying. He can't handle the rough and tumble of the premier league.

And your evidence for this claim is?

I think it's just common sense really Papa.

Smith will play them when he thinks they're ready. Unless of course there is evidence to suggest that he thinks they're ready to handle regular first team football but refuses to play them ;)

Smith will play them when he thinks they're ready. Unless of course there is evidence to suggest that he thinks they're ready to handle regular first team football but refuses to play them ;)

Hmm no, I don't agree at all.

It's the same Smith that was going to sell Ferguson for £100,000 in his last season at the club, yet Advocaat comes in the following month and helps turns him into an £8m pound player within 3 seasons.

Aaron as well. He's played CL, played consistently in a league better than the SPL (the Greek Super League) and is now a Spanish U-21 international (a massive deal for the Spanish), yet can't buy a game for us.

I have no reason whatsoever to believe that Smith would play a young player in front of an old experienced one, even if he did think that the player 'could handle it'.

Hmm no, I don't agree at all.

It's the same Smith that was going to sell Ferguson for £100,000 in his last season at the club, yet Advocaat comes in the following month and helps turns him into an £8m pound player within 3 seasons.

Aaron as well. He's played CL, played consistently in a league better than the SPL (the Greek Super League) and is now a Spanish U-21 international (a massive deal for the Spanish), yet can't buy a game for us.

I have no reason whatsoever to believe that Smith would play a young player in front of an old experienced one, even if he did think that the player 'could handle it'.

I hate the whole Ferguson thing. Of course, what everyone seems to be happy to forget was that it was Smith who bled Ferguson into the team in the first place. He didn't sell him to anyone. He's never got rid of a youngster and then gone on to regret it so I don't see why people are obsessed with the notion that he did/that's 'the Walter way'.

As for Aaron, by all accounts I don't think he's been that impressive in the reserves. I doubt Smith wants to chuck him straight into first team and see him fall flat on his face. Why did we sign him on a two year loan? He started off about a month behind the rest in terms of pre-season training and wasn't impressive in reserve games. It sounds like he's coming onto a game now and I fully expect to see him in the first team in the near future. Why the impatience?

My evidence being that everytime an opposing player so much as runs past Burke, the draught knocks Burke down :rolleyes:

Plus, is he not playing Burke. There lies your answer.

My evidence being that everytime an opposing player so much as runs past Burke, the draught knocks Burke down :rolleyes:

He was playing Burke until he got a bad ankle injury

Also, Ronaldo and Messi are lightweight, but they dont seem to have a problem with the rough and tumble of modern day football

Not really, we were asking for Fleck to be put in when he wasn't injured.

We want wingers to play wide, defenders to play in defence and attackers to play up front - what's the problem with that?

Sorry to take so long to respond but I couldn't get access to a pc.

I am more than happy for Fleck to play; at no time did I say he shouldn't. I just couldn't not believe the number of posts saying get him in the team when it was widely publicised that he was injured.

Where did I say I do not want wingers to play wide, defenders to play in defence and attackers to play up front?

I think using players in their proper position is a no brainer and only rarely is there a player who can play in multiple positions to an acceptable standard - Daily and McCulloch are prime examples of players who have failed to achieve an acceptable standard.

I am no Walter Smith sycophant and clearly stated that my problem was with the personal insults and not people pointing out his mistakes and stubbornness.

Also, Ronaldo and Messi are lightweight, but they dont seem to have a problem with the rough and tumble of modern day football

Ronaldo lightweight? Hmmmm.

Ronaldo lightweight? Hmmmm.

:lol:

Ronaldo is an absolute unit.