Ally McCoist - Next Rangers Manager?

MCLACHLAN1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whos to say ally wouldnt be a good manager?

Well Walter left him in charge of the team for the league and Scottish cup games last season didnt he? and we almost got dumped out of both and almost lost a final.

I don't think he's manager material and risks his legend status.

We won both cups, so surely he deserves at least a slice of praise for that? As for Ally becoming the manager, we all knew this would eventually happen. There's nothing that says he won't be a good manager, but I think even his most ardent supporters would want him to test his luck at another smaller club before taking over Rangers.

When was this?

You all know my thoughts on McCoist being our next manager - I don't want it to happen. Yes he's a Rangers man and would do anything for the club but he's simply not good enough and it would be an awful appointment - he's not even a good assistant manager. Yes he can joke and have a laugh but his tactical knowledge and the way he get's across to the players is awful. Half the time he and McDowall don't know what they are doing. When he took charge of the team for the cup games last season we were awful. We were out thought by some mediocre managers.

In a years time we could be facing down 4 in a row, no money, no Champions League, a squad that needs major rebuilding, no money....and Ally McCoist as our manager. I don't want Craig Levein anywhere near the Rangers job but I'd rather have him than Ally McCoist! It's a real possibility that if they go on to win the league, a real financial gap would open up between us and them.

A real financial gap would start to open between them

The fact that he has been learning under Walter Smith for the past numerous years makes it even worse.

I can just see it now. Smith out, maybe into a director of football role. McCoist manager, Durrant assistant and McDowall continuing his role.

whos to say ally wouldnt be a good manager?

Well Walter left him in charge of the team for the league and Scottish cup games last season didnt he? and we almost got dumped out of both and almost lost a final.

I don't think he's manager material and risks his legend status.

We won both cups, so surely he deserves at least a slice of praise for that? As for Ally becoming the manager, we all knew this would eventually happen. There's nothing that says he won't be a good manager, but I think even his most ardent supporters would want him to test his luck at another smaller club before taking over Rangers.

Reply to knock Partick Thistle out

Pens to clinch a final against Dundee United

Pens to see off St Johnstone

Scraped past Queen of The South

Don't make me laugh mate. Like Durrant (who had his little 90 minutes of fame at East End Park the other year) I don't think they are cut out to be Rangers managers ... and so does the majority of fans.

Don't get me wrong, they both deserve more of a chance but I'm going on gut instinct and my gut instinct very rarely lets me down.

When was this?

You all know my thoughts on McCoist being our next manager - I don't want it to happen. Yes he's a Rangers man and would do anything for the club but he's simply not good enough and it would be an awful appointment - he's not even a good assistant manager. Yes he can joke and have a laugh but his tactical knowledge and the way he get's across to the players is awful. Half the time he and McDowall don't know what they are doing. When he took charge of the team for the cup games last season we were awful. We were out thought by some mediocre managers.

In a years time we could be facing down 4 in a row, no money, no Champions League, a squad that needs major rebuilding, no money....and Ally McCoist as our manager. I don't want Craig Levein anywhere near the Rangers job but I'd rather have him than Ally McCoist! It's a real possibility that if they go on to win the league, a real financial gap would open up between us and them.

The fact that he has been learning under Walter Smith for the past numerous years makes it even worse.

I can just see it now. Smith out, maybe into a director of football role. McCoist manager, Durrant assistant and McDowall continuing his role.

Mr Murray says as much in his interview, stating he thinks although it hasnt been spoken about Ally should take over from Walter. Embaressing

On the other side of the coin aswell, how many Rangers fans were annoyed in 1991 at the thought of Smith taking over from Souness (being his number 2 for a few years)

I appreciate that Walter still had a lot more managerial experience even back then with Dundee United but my point still stands.

When was this?

Mr Murray says as much in his interview, stating he thinks although it hasnt been spoken about Ally should take over from Walter. Embaressing

But hey, at least Bazza, Lee, Chazza and the rest of the lads will be able to have a laugh and a joke on the training field.

Walter will probably still be here for a few years yet (?) and Ally will have a few more years to pick up experience.

But you just can't imagine Ally putting on the serious face when he has to to give a talking to a player

if and when it's needed.

I know he has a serious side which doesn't show very often. I always thought Ally was in line for the job

reading between the lines when a lot thought Durranty was in line for it.