Win Title or Play Young Players

TheWall

Win Title or Play Young Players  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Win Title or Play Young Players

• Tilte
    • Young Players

Its a chicken and egg thing. If i was guaranteed the trophy with the current players i would take the trophy, however im not sure with his current team we will win the SPL and i think some youth in the team would not only set us up for coming seasons but help us to the title this year.

Youth could have won us it last year but ho hum.

Are you trying to tell us that we would be incapable of winning the title if we played a couple ofyoung players in the current set-up?

The fact is that a young central defender was overlooked as cover for Bougherra in favour of a striker (and a poor one at that). This is not a case of throwing countless youngsters into the starting 11, it's about bringing them through gradually and giving them game time when the chance is there. Currently, none of our talented young players are being given a chance even though it is clear to see that some of them could offer more than some first-team players.

Playing Aaron at left midfield for instance, is just as much a risk as playing Charlie Adam or Kyle Lafferty. The current team are doing a good job of losing the title as it stands.

I may have missed something, but, apart from here, the poor striker has gotten decent to good reviews for his 2 performances, and, we won both games did we not? Thats not throwing anything away as far as I can see.

Judging from the reserve games I have seen, it doesnt appear clear to me at all. It would be ideal if that were true, but, I havent seen any consistant proof that its the case. None of the reserves are exactly setting the heather alight. I was excited about Aaron, however, he has only shown in brief glimpses, much the same as Adam and Lafferty, both of which arent actually that old themselves (remember, people complain about lafferty's price tag given he was bought for potential). The best performing youngsters have been up front, and, given Boyd has started to graft, and, Miller is performing, you can see why they arent getting in.

I dont see, at this stage, that we have the best young players for the positions we would like, unfortunately. Wylde seems potentially good, but, Papac hasnt done a thing wrong really either

Why do people decide that McCulloch is suddenly a good CB after two home games v Aberdeen and St Mirren doh

Are you trying to tell us that we would be incapable of winning the title if we played a couple ofyoung players in the current set-up?

The fact is that a young central defender was overlooked as cover for Bougherra in favour of a striker (and a poor one at that). This is not a case of throwing countless youngsters into the starting 11, it's about bringing them through gradually and giving them game time when the chance is there. Currently, none of our talented young players are being given a chance even though it is clear to see that some of them could offer more than some first-team players.

Playing Aaron at left midfield for instance, is just as much a risk as playing Charlie Adam or Kyle Lafferty. The current team are doing a good job of losing the title as it stands.

I may have missed something, but, apart from here, the poor striker has gotten decent to good reviews for his 2 performances, and, we won both games did we not? Thats not throwing anything away as far as I can see.

Judging from the reserve games I have seen, it doesnt appear clear to me at all. It would be ideal if that were true, but, I havent seen any consistant proof that its the case. None of the reserves are exactly setting the heather alight. I was excited about Aaron, however, he has only shown in brief glimpses, much the same as Adam and Lafferty, both of which arent actually that old themselves (remember, people complain about lafferty's price tag given he was bought for potential). The best performing youngsters have been up front, and, given Boyd has started to graft, and, Miller is performing, you can see why they arent getting in.

I dont see, at this stage, that we have the best young players for the positions we would like, unfortunately. Wylde seems potentially good, but, Papac hasnt done a thing wrong really either

Why do people decide that McCulloch is suddenly a good CB after two home games v Aberdeen and St Mirren doh

Jesus have you become a pod person mate?? Whats up with you lately?

I didnt say he was good, I said he hadnt done much wrong, and hadnt cost us a game, which he hasnt, its just a plain fact. I dont rate him, never have, but, his last 2 performances, especially given they were in a new position, were perhaps his best 2 for us. We ALL said he isnt a striker, and sure as hell isnt a winger, but, he has had a career so he must have something, perhaps he has foud "his" position and may grow into it even more.

Its called objectivity

How about win the title and play youngsters(at the right time)?

It's really not that hard.

(tu)

If playing a couple of young players against the likes of St Mirren, Hamilton and ICT is going to harm our title hopes then we may aswell give up now.

Obviously it has to be the title, but i don't think the two are mutually exclusive. There are a couple of lads in the reserves who could aid our campaign and im hopeful that they would be given the opportunity to do so if any of the first team players get injured or suffer from a bad run of form.

Of course.

But Celtic could forfiet the title now and walt still wouldnt use any youth.

We have to wait until he leaves before the get a chance Im afriad.

Fingers crossed for the summer.

I've watched a lot of the reserve games this season and, while McMillan has played reasonably well in most of them, he's nowhere near as trustworthy a centre-half as Bougherra, Weir or even McCulloch. I wouldn't be surprised if his future lay at fullback.

Aaron has only reached a satisfactory level, both in fitness and form, in the last few weeks.