Barry's Battle Cry

rfc_no1fan

Talk is cheap Barry. So far he hasn't even shown signs of recovering his old form, which he should still do regardless of not being match fit.

Before his injury he was being carried by Kevin Thomson's work-rate and presence but now that he is having to do his fair share of the dirty work the obvious flaws in his game are being shown-up. He is being physically bossed by run of the mill SPL players, isn't alert enough to read the game and itercept possesion and most worryingly of all he isn't even succesful at making simple passes.

An interesting observation is that when Ferguson passes the ball he no longer looks for the return pass or moves into space, that is not the Barry Ferguson of old and is certainly not what you need from a central midfield player.

Ferguson can still contribute to the squad but he needs to take a back seat and allow a younger player like Davis and Edu, who have the hunger and energy to play alongside Mendes, to replace him in the pecking order. He is being given too much of an important role in the team at the moment and that isn't going to help his confidence or overall recovery.

Walter Smith is the one to blame. Start acting like a manager and make the tough decisions instead of letting players dictate to you. Grow a fucking backbone!! :mad:

Yet again he promises to roll up his sleeves and show his best form.

Well I've been waiting since 2005. In the last 3 and a half years he has come out 5 or 6 times and said that the team needs to roll up their sleeves and that the team is hurting. He's also come out on numerous occassions and said that he'll be back even better than before.

Captain undroppable talks the biggest load of pish ever. He is not the player he thinks he is and he's nowhere near captain material. He should never have been brought back to the club.

Your finished - since your time as Captain you have lead us to ONE League Championship.

Your time is up.

The usual bullshit.

Does anyone else feel absolutely no sort of affiliation with the current playing staff? It's as if they know that even when they slip up, we'll gobble up the usual conservative dronings and all will be back to normal again after we put away a side at Ibrox.

To be honest, i never thought it would come to this, but im now at the stage where i couldn't give a toss if our whole squad outwith one or two were shipped out in January.

During the Helicopter Sunday season, we didnt have a techincally gifted team, we had a team with a core of foreign triers who would have bled for the club. Prso, Ricksen (it hurts to admit that), Novo and Andrews to name but a handful. They werent the most gifted of players, but for that season they knew what it meant to play for the club, even Ricksen. I felt a connection with that side, a two way thing. With the current regime i don't feel that, i feel as if im being took for a total mug.

Im sick to the back of my teeth of picking up the Sunday papers to find out that our superstar keeper has been sleeping around again, to find our very own mr versatile bleating on about how we're going to get it right and then theres our captain, constantly rabbling on with mind-numbing excuses about what went wrong after a poor result. Don't get me started on the self-absorbed striker who only ever discusses about what's right for him rather than the team.

Yet because these lads are the same nationality as me and grew up supporting the club like me, im supposed to feel some sort of connection with them? Bullshit, total bullshit. Give me a techincal player from the continent over these imposters any day of the week.

The usual bullshit.

Does anyone else feel absolutely no sort of affiliation with the current playing staff? It's as if they know that even when they slip up, we'll gobble up the usual conservative dronings and all will be back to normal again after we put away a side at Ibrox.

To be honest, i never thought it would come to this, but im now at the stage where i couldn't give a toss if our whole squad outwith one or two were shipped out in January.

During the Helicopter Sunday season, we didnt have a techincally gifted team, we had a team with a core of foreign triers who would have bled for the club. Prso, Ricksen (it hurts to admit that), Novo and Andrews to name but a handful. They werent the most gifted of players, but for that season they knew what it meant to play for the club, even Ricksen. I felt a connection with that side, a two way thing. With the current regime i don't feel that, i feel as if im being took for a total mug.

Im sick to the back of my teeth of picking up the Sunday papers to find out that our superstar keeper has been sleeping around again, to find our very own mr versatile bleating on about how we're going to get it right and then worst of all, our captain, constantly rabbling on with

mind-numbing excuses about what went wrong after a poor result. Don't get me started on the self-absorbed striker who only ever discusses about what's right for him rather than the team.

Yet because these lads are the same nationality as me and grew up supporting the club like me, im supposed to feel some sort of connection with them? Bullshit, total bullshit. Give me a techincal player from the continent over these imposters any day of the week.

Spot on (tu)

The usual bullshit.

Im sick to the back of my teeth of picking up the Sunday papers to find out that our superstar keeper has been sleeping around again, to find our very own mr versatile bleating on about how we're going to get it right and then theres our captain, constantly rabbling on with mind-numbing excuses about what went wrong after a poor result. Don't get me started on the self-absorbed striker who only ever discusses about what's right for him rather than the team.

Superb post mate. I feel no bond with any of our players these days with the exception of Novo. (tu)

The usual bullshit.

Very good post, you've summed up exactly how alot of us are feeling at the moment. (tu)

The usual bullshit.

Great post mate

Couldnt have worded it better myself

The usual bullshit.

fecking amazing post