Barry's Battle Cry

rfc_no1fan

BARRY FERGUSON has told Rangers they must improve when defending set pieces if they're to win the SPL title this season.

Christos Karipidis scores an own goal for RangersBoth of the goals they conceded in the 2-1 loss to Hearts at Tynecastle came from two free kicks in the first quarter of the match.

That's what ultimately led to their defeat because although Christos Karipidis then put the ball in his own net, Gers couldn't force an equaliser.

After being so good at the back last season, Ferguson knows he and his team-mates must toughen up once again in that department.

He said: "The manager summed it up in the dressing room when he said the first 20 minutes lost us the game.

"Two set pieces were what undid us when they only had three chances all game and Allan McGregor had just one save to make.

"Apart from that, they never created anything but in dropping 10 points so far away from home, we're not showing the form that we need to to win the title.

"It's disappointing that set pieces have cost us again because we were very strong when the ball was played into the box last season.

"It's something we'll need to sit down, have a chat about and go through because we need to get better in that respect."

Ferguson had a quiet game and admits he's still not fully match fit after five months out with an ankle injury.

He feels it will take another handful of first-team outings before he can say he is back to his best again.

The skipper added: "It'll be another few games before I'm totally up to speed. I've made four starts but I've still got a bit to go.

"I need to catch up with the other boys. In pre-season, you normally play eight games so I've still got another couple of weeks before I'm there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still not match fit and still playing 90 minutes

I'd respect Barry more if he came out and said he was poor, his performances were affecting the team and he is not fit enough to complete 90 minutes

He admits he's still not fully fit , Theres a perfect excuse why he should not be playing.

Year in year out we hear the same pish from him " I'm going to come back better and stronger " and has done nothing but disapointed us. He should do the talking on the park instead.

He should be building up his match fitness in the reserves just like anyone else would have to do. Him walking straight into the side whilst not even 70% fit and continuing to play the full 90 when it's obvious he's struggling and it's affecting the team is nothing short of embarrassing.

It's a load of bollocks and Walter Smith and Barry Ferguson know it.

He should be building up his match fitness in the reserves just like anyone else would have to do. Him walking straight into the side whilst not even 70% fit and continuing to play the full 90 when it's obvious he's struggling and it's affecting the team is nothing short of embarrassing.

It's a load of bollocks and Walter Smith and Barry Ferguson know it.

He didnt even produce in the first 25 minutes

Thats why this "Im not match fit" doesnt wash

He should be able to compete for at least 60 minutes before fading.

He just isnt producing

Shut the f*ck up Captain Chaos.Yer a liability-tell WS your playing in the reserves.

Btw-IMHO I think WS would persevere with Mendes/BF in middle of the park all season even if we were getting stuffed all the time.

GTF