What I thought yesterday

JohnGalbraith

OK - we all know it was an outright battle, which we lost.

But I don't think commitment was missing, if anything, there was too much of it.

The way I seen it, we were too commited, it bordered on being rash.

We were diving in and being agressive - but the ref was giving every 50-50 to them (ok fair does, as much as its annoying, it's nothing new for the past 2-3 years when it comes to refs)

couple that with Hearts players having (in my opinion) clearer heads, they knew we would battle, hack and kick - they played on that and also had much better movement.

We are agressive and commited but far too static.

I don't know if I have got my point across well. I know what I am trying to say, but I might not be explaining it right.

Sounds fair enough. We are too static but the midfield duo don't get stuck in. It was Whittaker putting the boot in that caught my eye. Baz was jumping out of tackles all over the shop.

See I thought Mendes and Ferguson were both getting stuck in... that was part of the problem, too much emphasis on that and not enough emphasis on doing thier usual thing and playing football. Passing round these hammer throwers in the Hearts team.

I thought we were simply utter shit yesterday mate. You can't be overly committed IMO but you can lack the class and ingenuity to open teams up to score the goals needed to win these sort of games.

We had the exact same problems last year away from home and despite Smith sending us in to massive debt nothing much has changed.

Up until Man United signed Berbatov in the last 10 mins of the transfer window - we spent more money than Man United. 16-18 million.

As much as I hate Murray, he has backed Walter - Walter has wasted some money.

I would've expected us to spend quite a lot. After all, we earned £25 million from Europe and £17 million from Cuellar and Hutton (tu)

I thought we were simply utter shit yesterday mate. You can't be overly committed IMO but you can lack the class and ingenuity to open teams up to score the goals needed to win these sort of games.

We had the exact same problems last year away from home and despite Smith sending us in to massive debt nothing much has changed.

I agree with your assessment 100%.Just about every away game will continue to be a struggle and more points will be shed.Hope i'm wrong but i'm talking from the head and not the heart.

Up until Man United signed Berbatov in the last 10 mins of the transfer window - we spent more money than Man United. 16-18 million.

I would've expected us to spend quite a lot. After all, we earned £25 million from Europe and £17 million from Cuellar and Hutton (tu)

Again, very true. But I expected Murray to keep the lot. Was (plesantly) suprised he released all of the Cuellar money.

I totally agree with you there, we cant say we never spent enough, murray backed Walter and he has let him, and us down with the signings, hopefully his man management will get us through the season

What I thought was who apart from Boyd will score goals but then I thought we have no one playing who creative enough in the final third!!!

Charlie Adam, JCD and Lafferty!!! Changed days from having the likes of Albertz, De Boer, Gazza Laudrop etc

We are looking at 4 in a row unless we go on a very good win streak but the way we are leaking goals and not scoring ints not looking very likely!!!

Am gutted