4-2 at the Piggery, 3-0 at Easter Rd, 4-0 at Rugby Park

CF5LOYAL

These were 3 games where we totally trounced our opposition, looked great in attack, our overall football was superb. Now to the last few weeks, we have been dire. Scraping results and losing silly points.

Now the only thing I can think of what is causing this is we are missing Kenny Miller when he doesn't play. He leads the line brilliantly, runs the channels, hold up the ball, is the link between midfield and attack and makes Boyd look like a top class striker. When he is missing we don't look half the team, Mendes doesn't look half the player, Boyd doesn't look half the player, I think he is integral to the way we play.

Any other reasons why our form has dropped so sharply and dramtically from the first 2 months of the season?

Kevin Thomson got injured, Ma Baw (he's been that bad he doesn't even want the ball) came back we've been pish since then.

I am a Barry fan but it is impossible to come up with an argument against that. Since he has returned it looks like the whole team has gone into a shell.

No Thomson

Miller injured

Missed Davis for two matches

Managerial fcuk ups

Stubborness

Players off form

Players out of position

Not taking our chances

Defensive fcuk ups

Poor refereeing decisions

Return of Mr Rangers

Mediocre players....the list goes on.

Just not good enough at times!

I think it all points to the return of Barry Ferguson.

When he was out the side guys like Thomson, Boyd, Broadfoot, Papac and Davis were playing like a weight had been lifted from their shoulders.

They were stepping up and taking responsibility.

However since he came back, they appear to have retreaded back into their shells.

No Thomson

Miller injured

Missed Davis for two matches

Managerial fcuk ups

Stubborness

Players off form

Players out of position

Not taking our chances

Defensive fcuk ups

Poor refereeing decisions

Return of Mr Rangers

Mediocre players....the list goes on.

Just not good enough at times!

the ones in bold have been going on from mid-way through the eck era - too fcukin long! BUT THE WORST OF ALL IS THE LAST ONE!

I delt with timothy - going to clean it up a bit in here so we can get back on topic (tu)

good good. (tu)

anyway as i was saying, i think many of our current problems are ones that have been recurring

EDIT:

haha no not you some timmy tosser posting their usual pish

ah ok (tu)

so was barry to blame when we dropped points against aberdeen or dundee united, when millar and davis both played. and was barry to blame when we got knocked out by kaunas. i know he is poor at the moment, but to blame him is out of order when we have a manager who plays adam who is usless, and has wasted 30 million pounds on average players.

so was barry to blame when we dropped points against aberdeen or dundee united, when millar and davis both played. and was barry to blame when we got knocked out by kaunas. i know he is poor at the moment, but to blame him is out of order when we have a manager who plays adam who is usless, and has wasted 30 million pounds on average players.

I agree it would be harsh to put the sole blame of Ferguson's return but the point is since he returned we havn't "performed well" In the two games you mentioned we still played excellent football. Aberdeen away we never got the 3 points because of a shitey decision by the linesman and in the Dundee Utd game I though we played our best attacking football we have all season. Just two errors at the back cost us. Any other day we would have hammered them.

These were 3 games where we totally trounced our opposition, looked great in attack, our overall football was superb. Now to the last few weeks, we have been dire. Scraping results and losing silly points.

Now the only thing I can think of what is causing this is we are missing Kenny Miller when he doesn't play. He leads the line brilliantly, runs the channels, hold up the ball, is the link between midfield and attack and makes Boyd look like a top class striker. When he is missing we don't look half the team, Mendes doesn't look half the player, Boyd doesn't look half the player, I think he is integral to the way we play.

Any other reasons why our form has dropped so sharply and dramtically from the first 2 months of the season?

If we had the anwser then we would all be football managers.

Think is, Walter and Ally don't know - and that's depressing.

Well, i can't realy comment too much as i have not seen a game since the one against the rat catchers.

But from the outside looking in it is actually very simple question to answer. Barry Ferguson came back and the wheels fell off a very well oiled train.

Losing Thomson didn't help. And the return of a quarter best Ferguson has ruined it. I totally agree with DadoBringBackTheBandage. If I was Walter Smith, I'd let Ferguson sit out the next couple of games and bring in Edu. Or possibly bring Davis into the center and stick someone like Burke or Novo on the right, I'm sick off seeing Lafferty out on the flank where he is hardly in the game and is ineffectual. We have to stop playing Darcheville and Adam aswell, It annoys me when I see their faces on the bench forget the pitch. I'll be looking forward to see if David Murray sticks to his famous quote and spends twice as much as Celtic do, probably not, but I can hope.

missing thomson,miller and davis.

barry ferguson also played and that hasnt helped us at all(not critiscing him tho because he ISN'T fit and walter shouldn't be playing him if this is the case),we would be better keeping baz in reserves/or bench until fully fit.christ we would be better off playing edu or hemdani

When he was out the side guys like Thomson, Boyd, Broadfoot, Papac and Davis were playing like a weight had been lifted from their shoulders.

However since he came back, they appear to have retreaded back into their shells.

but why's that fergusons fault? - surely those you mentioned need to realise they need to shoulder their responsibilities whether ferguson's there or not

I'm one of Ferguson's biggest critics and think he's always been over rated. I think the early part of the season was great as it showed that those who proclaimed that we need 'Mr Rangers' were mistaken and I wouldn't have been as eager as the management to get him back in the team. Having said that, we did start to stutter before he came back into the side.

Our 2 best results this year have been Celtic & Hibs there the two of the hardest places to go! our midfielded dominted they 2 games and played superb football aswell.. Davis Thomo Memdes Adam. Thomson getting injured has been the big factor no doubt about it, when Ferguson was getting back to fitness i always said Thomo couldn't get dropped for him because he's a different midfielder from Ferguson Mendes Davis. It showed from the very 1st game he missed against motherwell what he brought to our midfield... a ball winner. a player that will get stuck right in and take no shite! It should again on Saturday how much we missed him when Hearts ran over our midfield. Sadly i don't think Pedro looks half the player he is without Thomo beside him (td)

Time for a midfield of... Novo Davis Mendes Aarron!