Overrated players

Tontospal

luis boa morte

darren flatcher

gary neville

ferguson

Fletcher and Neville are terrible shouts, particularly Neville.

Granted Fletcher is a different player for Utd to Scotland but he plays a totally different riole and has had a good season to date for Utd.

As for Neville. He has been the best and most consistent right back in Britain for the last dozen years or so. He is also a fantastic captain and Man Utd will miss him when he retires.

You don't play as many games in the CL as he has without being something special.

Maybe been blinded with my hatred of neville so can maybe be swayed but negatory from me on fletcher. Ive seen alot of him for both club and country. he certainly has his better games for his club but still think he is punching above his weight at a club like man u

I'm not a big fan but I certainly don't think he is overrated.

If you are comparing him to Ronaldo, Rooney or others then he will always be seen as a lesser player.

You need to remember that it is a team game and when he plays for Utd he certainly makes a contribution.

I agree that he has been poor when he has played for Scotland but too much is expected of him simply because he is a Man Utd player. He is not a superstar but an able grafter with an eye for goal.

When he plays for Scotland he is surrounded by workmanlike players of a much lower standard than he is used to and he is not the type of player who can create and inspire others to perform.

Similar to why a lot of our fans don't rate Thomson when he is arguably our most consistent and effective performar in his given role in the team.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

That's ridiculous. As mad as it sounds due to the fact he's the highest paid player in Serie A, Zlatan is underrated.

I'm sure I read somewhere last week that he is the highest paid player in the world?

Anyway, he is a terrific striker who has absolutely everything.

Gattuso

Have you been making the most of happy hours while we still have them?

2 CL winners medals (one of which he was MoTM at Old Trafford) and a WC winners medal would suggest that you know nothing about football.

A team wins medals, individuals dont win them on their own. He is entitled to his opinion.

Gattuso

2 CL winners medals (one of which he was MoTM at Old Trafford) and a WC winners medal would suggest that you know nothing about football.

All I'm trying to say that he is overrated, I'm not saying he is a bad player, he is a good player but he is not the player that some people make him out to be.

I happen to be a fan of Gattuso, as I follow him through AC Milan but he does seem to be overrated by some.

Gattuso

All I'm trying to say that he is overrated, I'm not saying he is a bad player, he is a good player but he is not the player that some people make him out to be.

I happen to be a fan of Gattuso, as I follow him through AC Milan but he does seem to be overrated by some.

He is exactly the player that people make him out to be - hard working, engine in midfield, will run all day but seriously lacks technical ability. He is a master at what he does best.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

That's ridiculous. As mad as it sounds due to the fact he's the highest paid player in Serie A, Zlatan is underrated.

I'm sure I read somewhere last week that he is the highest paid player in the world?

Is that not Robinho? :shifty:

Guest Andypendek

Steven Pressley, or either of the 2 tims who currently lumber around Hampden masquerading as our centre backs. All 3 were/are horribly limited...20 years ago we had players of the quality of Willie Miller, the best reader of a game I ever saw, just over 10 years ago Richard Gough, almost as good. We're really going downhill.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Is that not Robinho? :shifty:

Nope. Zlatan is the highest paid player in the world. Followed my Messi.

I don't think Gattusso is all he's made out to be either. He's not pish, would have him back in a flash but he's not the world class superstar people try and make out.

What constitutes a worldclass superstar?

Football is a team game and given his medal haul, gained as an integral part of his club and national side, Gattuso is world class.

He may not be a superstar in the mould of flair players like Ronaldo, Kaka etc but in the years between Milan's 2 EC wins this century I would argue that he was amongst the most, if not the most, influential and successful midfielders in the world.

How can you be overrated when you have 2 winners and a losers CL medals and a WC winners medal?

I seriously can't work that one out.