No real sense of reality?

outlaw69uk

He signs players at the wrong end of their career (Weir, Dailly, JCD etc)

This is harsh when you consider that the three of them cost a combined total of £0 in transfer fees, and the likes of naismith, lafferty, davis, edu, thomson, whittaker etc are hardly at the wrong end of their careers

That was what I was referring to. (tu)

too many negatives in this post

must remember there are also postives

sellic lost today!

boyd is scoring freely!

qulity in mass in the midfield medes davis ferguson

we smashed the scum once already this season

kenny miller has been doing shooting practice judging by tht finish yesterday

i am confident about where we will go this season

sellic lost today!

boyd is scoring freely!

Your on the Wrong site then mate this is for the dour and negative amongst our support

even in celtics nine in a row we had some decent teams, we reached a european cup winners final and won another one. i would say the rangers team at the moment is one of the worst i have seen, and last season was one of the most boring to watch.

I often think our NIAR team was over rated but we were nine titles better than them. There's gives a bit of a wrong impression of the time.

I see where you are coming from, but, does that mean we dismiss any other legends for things they have done afterwards? Bear in mind also, we havent lost the league this season

Even if we do, Smith's status as a legend is assured due to the amount of silverware he won as a manager. I think Wallace was a better manager than Smith despite his unsuccessful return.

sellic lost today!

boyd is scoring freely!

Your on the Wrong site then mate this is for the dour and negative amongst our support

:lol:

even in celtics nine in a row we had some decent teams, we reached a european cup winners final and won another one. i would say the rangers team at the moment is one of the worst i have seen, and last season was one of the most boring to watch.

I often think our NIAR team was over rated but we were nine titles better than them. There's gives a bit of a wrong impression of the time.

doh

:no:

doh

TBH Oleg, I have to kinda agree with him here, sure it was a good team, but, at the same time, there was very little real competition, apart from in Europe, and, they were found out a bit apart from the 93 efforts. Again, the other thing about the NIAR side is, it wasnt one team (as it sometimes appears when written), it was many different teams, and, some better than others

I see where you are coming from, but, does that mean we dismiss any other legends for things they have done afterwards? Bear in mind also, we havent lost the league this season

Even if we do, Smith's status as a legend is assured due to the amount of silverware he won as a manager. I think Wallace was a better manager than Smith despite his unsuccessful return.

Ah, see, thats where I get slightly offended, because I see that too, yet, the way he is spoken about is disrespectful, and, not as "we" should conduct ourselves. Purely my opinion of course

Ah, see, thats where I get slightly offended, because I see that too, yet, the way he is spoken about is disrespectful, and, not as "we" should conduct ourselves. Purely my opinion of course

What you have to remember is that if there were message boards about during Jock's second stint in charge, he would have gotten exactly the same treatment as Walter is getting just now. Jock was a failure in his second stint, with the passage of time though, this is largely dismissed and his overall achievments are put in a historical perspective.

Walter will be no different. In twenty years time nobody will mention his constantly playing players out of position, no plan B etc.... it'll simply be a case of 'show us yir medals'

But for the moment his shortcomings as a manager will continue to be highlighted and rightfully so, although I agree, it should be done in a more constructive manner - I'm as guilty of not doing that as anyone.

What you have to remember is that if there were message boards about during Jock's second stint in charge, he would have gotten exactly the same treatment as Walter is getting just now. Jock was a failure in his second stint, with the passage of time though, this is largely dismissed and his overall achievments are put in a historical perspective.

Walter will be no different. In twenty years time nobody will mention his constantly playing players out of position, no plan B etc.... it'll simply be a case of 'show us yir medals'

But for the moment his shortcomings as a manager will continue to be highlighted and rightfully so, although I agree, it should be done in a more constructive manner - I'm as guilty of not doing that as anyone.

(tu) very true mate

doh

TBH Oleg, I have to kinda agree with him here, sure it was a good team, but, at the same time, there was very little real competition, apart from in Europe, and, they were found out a bit apart from the 93 efforts. Again, the other thing about the NIAR side is, it wasnt one team (as it sometimes appears when written), it was many different teams, and, some better than others

Surely that makes it more of an achievement?

(tu) very true mate

I like to think I can see the bigger picture, and I don't intend to be bigheaded by saying that. You always get ups and downs.

It's the general picture that matters.

doh

Oh I am in no way downplaying the achievement, more, the misconception that NIAR was a single team. You know how the argument goes, "not as good as our NIAR team", well, not all of those teams were great, especially the early ones

doh

Oh I am in no way downplaying the achievement, more, the misconception that NIAR was a single team. You know how the argument goes, "not as good as our NIAR team", well, not all of those teams were great, especially the early ones

No probs mate.

Funnily enough, I always noted that Smith got further in Europe with the 92-93 workmanlike side, than the Laudrups and Gascoignes.

So I wasn't surprised he managed similar last year. I think he gets the best out of a working team ethic, rather than the superstars.

It's what makes me so hopeful this time round and despite the disappointment to the end of last season and Kaunus , I'd say we're definitely on the right road.

I haven't rated Walter Smith as much more than a decent manager since the NIAR days but you won't find me talking about him in disrespectful terms. That also applies to other managers, including Mr McLeish and Monsuier Le Guen. I was disgusted by some of the things said about those two by Bears.

I haven't rated Walter Smith as much more than a decent manager since the NIAR days but you won't find me talking about him in disrespectful terms. That also applies to other managers, including Mr McLeish and Monsuier Le Guen. I was disgusted by some of the things said about those two by Bears.

Very true again. I felt so let down by Le Guen, then again, to walk away and not go for the cash was, in my opinion, the actions of a proper Ranger. Also, he could obviously see it wasnt working, so, therefore did the best by the club. Eck got far too hard a time, especially given the period we were in, and, was also our manager to take us through to the last 16 in the champions league. Again, i think Smith has done what is needed, and, probably will win the league this season, the, I also believe he will move on, with the club in a better state, and, champions