Back to my best!

disgruntled_bear

KENNY MILLER had a blue Christmas last year.

Derby County were marooned at the bottom of the Premiership and Scotland’s Euro 2008 bid had died.

The striker had yet to have his dream return to Rangers rubber-stamped by Walter Smith and Ally McCoist.

Yet 12 months on, Miller can’t decide what to ask Santa for.

Because he reckons he’s the guy who has got everything.

He has silenced the angry mob who opposed his second coming. And he insists he’s never been more content on the pitch or off it.

Now Miller wants to cap it all by unwrapping some silverware in the New Year.

He said: “I’m over the moon and couldn’t be much happier.

“I definitely feel I’m playing some of my best stuff.

“That goes hand in hand with being really happy.

“I love coming in here to work every day, it’s a fantastic place to be.”

Miller, 28, made the most courageous move of his career when he left Derby to return to Gers.

He was back in Light Blue less than a year after quitting Celtic. The historic transfer was greeted by jeers from some sections of the Ibrox faithful.

But Miller reckons the gamble has paid off big time. And he believes it has been the best move of his whole career.

A standing ovation from the Gers fans when he was subbed in the 7-1 win over Hamilton last Saturday proved they have finally taken him to their hearts.

Miller, though, says the Ibrox supporters have been great from the start.

He said: “I thought the standing ovation was because Nacho Novo was coming on!

“But I don’t feel as though I have won a massive battle or anything.

“Obviously, getting the goals against Celtic was a big day for me. But the fact the team is playing so well and winning has been a big help.

“I know we’ve had a couple of slip-ups, but the fans can see we are playing attractive football.

“Touch wood, I’ve not had a negative reaction from anyone.

“You do get the occasional comment in the street, but players get that no matter who you have played for.

“There has not been any hassle. Without a doubt, this has been the best move I have ever made.”

Advertisement

Miller has re-ignited his former Scotland strike pairing with 17-goal hitman Kris Boyd.

Boyd spoke yesterday of the influence Miller has brought to the Gers attack this term.

And Miller has returned the compliment by heaping praise on the No9 — and not just for his goals. Miller said: “With the amount of chances being created for me and Boydy up front, it’s the happiest I have ever been.

“The amount of goals Boydy has scored is phenomenal and that takes the pressure off me.

“I would love to have the same total — although how he was awarded that goal at Hearts, I don’t know!

“But his rate of scoring allows me to do my thing.

“I’ll always get chances and goals in this team but Boydy is a machine when it comes to scoring.

“I’ve also seen a lot more to his game this season.

“He has been working harder for the team and he is getting the rewards from that.

“I’ve really enjoyed playing up front with him and we complement each other well.

“I’ve probably created a lot of Boydy’s goals and as long as we keep winning that will be great. I have had one or two different partnerships in my career and played up front with Nathan Blake for the majority of a season at Wolves.

“That went really well, but I’ve never been involved in anything as prolific as this.

“The goals have been flying in and long may that continue.

“I’m my own biggest critic and should probably be sitting on 10 or 11 goals this season.

“But as long as the team is winning, then I’m happy to keep plugging away.”

Gers head for Tannadice today to tackle on-form Dundee United in the early kick-off.

They have a miserable recent record at the ground and know it will be tough. Miller added: “We really need to push on for victory against United and make sure that all our hard work isn’t thrown away.

“We need our game heads on because we have to win.

“After last week, we have clawed back three points and we can’t ruin that by slipping up at Tannadice.

“If we can get the three points then it maybe puts a wee bit more pressure on Celtic.

“We have the opportunity to close the gap to just one point and, even if it is for an hour or so, that will put pressure on and ask questions of them.

“As Hearts proved against us, they are not scared of the Old Firm and they will make it tough for Celtic, even at Parkhead.

“So we must get the job done and see if there is a slip-up.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...icle2034446.ece

I personally think that Kenny Miller Has been in a rich vein of form, he certainly adds the pace that was sadly lacking last year up front.

It's no coincidence that Kris Boyd is now showing the type of form that could see him end up top scorer this season in the SPL

Miller adds the link up from middle to front and causes defences mayhem with his powerful runs etc - which of course allows Boyd the space he needs for scoring opportunities.

Signed Mrs Miller :rolleyes: