Fan Of The Week

Mark.

Sorry if this has been done before, but every home game in the matchday program there is a 'fan of the week' who answers a set of questions. I thought i would post them up here and the members could all give them a go :)

NAME: Mark McAloney

HOMETOWN: Paisley

YEARS AS A BLUENOSE: 14

Q: Who was the biggest influence on you becoming a Rangers fan?

A: My dad, he has been going since he was a wee boy and there was no chance of me supporting any other team!

Q: Who was your Rangers hero when you were growing up?

A: Stefan Klos. I know this seems a strange choice but he was always my hero.

Q: Who's your favourite unsung hero?

A: In the current squad I would have to say Kevin Thomson, I think we are a different team when he is fit as he gives us that bite in midfield.

Q: What's your favourite memory as a Rangers fan?

A: When Nacho put THAT penalty away in Florence. The feeling I had at that moment was indescribable because I had a ticket for the final already. Me and my dad and big cousin went to Manchester and it was easily the greatest experience of my life so far.

Q: Where's the strangest place you've watched the team?

A: At a wedding. I was at my aunties wedding when we were playing Aberdeen away last season and I sneaked into the bar to watch the game and missed the ceremony :D

Q: What's your worst excuse for missing a game?

A: I am ashamed to say that when I was a lot younger, I turned doen a ticket to see us play Newcastle at St.James Park because I wanted to go bowling with my mates.

Q: Have you ever missed an important event to attend a match?

A: Not yet, but i'm sure I will when i'm old enough to make the decision for myself :harhar:

Q: Do you wear the team colours to every game?

A: Yes. Every single game I go to I wear the home or away top from that season and a Ranges scarf.

Q: Who to you usually go to the games with?

A: I usually meet my big cousin at Ibrox as she has a season ticket right next to me.

Q: Where do you sit at Ibrox?

Copland Rear, CR2.

Q: Do you travel to away games? If so, whats your favourite journey and ground?

A: I've only been to two away games so far, Kilmarnock away last season when we won 2-1 (Darcheville and Beasley scored for us, I think Naismith scored for them) and St.Mirren away this season ( we got beat 1-0 :(). So I would have to say Rugby Park was better :lol:.

Q: Whats your pre- and post-match routine for home games?

A: Get the bus up to Ibrox, meet my cousin and sit in the car listening to the other scores coming in on the radio. After the match I just get the bus back home.

Q: What do you do at half-time?

A: I usually just sit and read my program and look at all the banners in the stadium. At mid-week games I go and get a cheeseburger.

Q: Have you ever been on the pitch at Ibrox for any reason?

A: Yes, when I went on the Ibrox tour a few years ago I snuck onto the pitch :)

Q: What's the funniest chant/shout you've heard at a game?

A: For me, it is between two (both against Aberdeen funnily enough). The first one was a couple of seasons ago, we were up 3-0 in 20 minutes I think and Sebo was subbed on, everyone began singing 'Sebo's on, we're taking the piss' :lol:. The other one was just a few weeks ago when they came to Ibrox, we were 2-0 up and started singing 'Why don't you go home? Why don't you go home? Sheepshagging bastards, why don't you go home?'.

Q: Which player would you most like to see playing for Rangers?

A: David Healy. The guys a legend.

Q: What changes, if any, would you like to see at Ibrox?

A: Physically, I would fill in the corners with more seats. As for rules, I would bring back The Billy Boys and have some standing sections.

Q: Would you like to see Rangers one day playing in the English Premiership?

A: No. If there was a British Premier League set up, with Welsh and Northern Irish teams as well then possibly, but not in the foreseeable future.

Q: Do you support any other teams other than Rangers?

A: I don't support any other teams, but I am a fan of Arsenal, Barcelona and West Ham.

:rangers:

NAME: Ross Farrell

HOMETOWN: Kirkintilloch

YEARS AS A BLUENOSE: 17

Q: Who was the biggest influence on you becoming a Rangers fan?

A: My dad and my old baby sitter when i was younger. My dad has always followed rangers and brought me up the same. My baby sitter when i was young was rangers daft and one of my earliest memories is of sitting in her house putting on rangers gear.

Q: Who was your Rangers hero when you were growing up?

A: Lorenzo Amoruso. Have always played in defence so i looked up to him. I also loved his passion for the club and the excitement i got when he would be lining up a free kick.

Q: Who's your favourite unsung hero?

A: Craig Moore. Was a great servant, spent 12 years working his way up through the ranks, eventually becoming captain. He wasn't afraid of taking sore ones for the team and almost broke his neck after going for a header that he wasn't likely to get. Magnificent performances throughout the 02/03 treble winning season.

Q: What's your favourite memory as a Rangers fan?

A: Novo sending us into the uefa cup final. We had been battered for 120 minutes, but refused to break and got our rewards in the penalty shoot out. The sheer disbelief that we were going to a european final will live with me forever.

Q: Where's the strangest place you've watched the team?

A: Not any strange places at all really. Have always watched games either at the stadium, at my house, or at my local supporters club.

Q: What's your worst excuse for missing a game?

A: Ive missed 2 games through illness. Missed killie game at ibrox, the last game of 2 seasons ago because i had a really bad stomach. Then the hibs away game this season which i was sooooo looking forward to, i was up the night before being sick and still felt the same the next day, had to give it a miss because i would have been puking all over the joint.

Q: Have you ever missed an important event to attend a match?

A: A funeral service thing for my great gran :(

Q: Do you wear the team colours to every game?

A: Most games yes, however there is the odd occasion when my tops are in the washing

Q: Who to you usually go to the games with?

A: My mates, some of whom are members on here ( 51ncountin and blackkipper)

Q: Where do you sit at Ibrox?

Govan front, GF3

Q: Do you travel to away games? If so, whats your favourite journey and ground?

A: Ive only been to killie away, motherwell away and gretna away. I would say motherwell away was my favourite as it was a very close game ( won by a boyd penalty), was a decent atmosphere and was le goons

last game.

Q: Whats your pre- and post-match routine for home games?

A: Meet 51ncountin at the local football park, go in for my other mate, head up to the shops to get food, catch the supporters bus to the game, watch the game, get the bus back, go home, have my dinner, and mess about until match of the day come on.

Q: What do you do at half-time?

A: Try and enjoy the dire entertainment, although the cheerleaders are usually good. More or less just stand and wait for the second half. Hate half time.

Q: Have you ever been on the pitch at Ibrox for any reason?

A: Not yet, although ive played at rugby park before.

Q: What's the funniest chant/shout you've heard at a game?

A: BJK v celtic at ibrox cannot be beaten. Lasted for a good few minutes and totally silenced the timmy. They actually looked ashamed for the first time in their lives.

Q: Which player would you most like to see playing for Rangers?

A: Id love to see messi in the red, white and blue. I know it wont happen but the excitement he would create when in possession would be fantastic.

Q: What changes, if any, would you like to see at Ibrox?

A: Id like to see an extra tier added to the govan stand, can you imagine how intimidating that would look.

Q: Would you like to see Rangers one day playing in the English Premiership?

A: Yes, but only if celtic were also playing in it as losing the old firm games would be terrible. The money we would generate along with the players we would attract would only enhance the club and take us to a new level.

Q: Do you support any other teams other than Rangers?

A: I like Chelsea, tottenham and Clyde