Just watched that Dundee Utd game again....

papaguy51

Agreed on the first that Whitty should have done better, but on the 2nd he had two men to deal with.

Stopped the first cross coming in very well, but the United boy just passed it 5 yards back to an unmarked player to put the cross in.

He's no Sergio Ramos, he can't deal with the whole right hand side of the pitch on his own.

When Wilkie scored that first goal must say i wanted to throttle the whole back line - how can a player find himself in so much space with NOT A BLUE SHIRT NEAR HIM - IT'S COMPLETELY AMATEUR!!! :craphead::craphead:

To be honest .. that one didn't upset me, it was just a good goal. The second one, however, McCulloch should never have allowed that header to get in in the first place.

i think the second goal was weirs fault mate

And honestly, how the fuck did we not win that?!

Even though I'm seen as one of the more negative posters on here (apparently), it struck me that apart from the 20 minutes in and around the Dundee Utd goals, we showed enough for me to think that we really CAN win the league this year.

That first half is one of the best Gers' performances I've seen under Smith, it was simply miraculous that we never beat them.

Positive rant over :)

we didnt win due to picking players like mculloch

When Wilkie scored that first goal must say i wanted to throttle the whole back line - how can a player find himself in so much space with NOT A BLUE SHIRT NEAR HIM - IT'S COMPLETELY AMATEUR!!! :craphead::craphead:

To be honest .. that one didn't upset me, it was just a good goal. The second one, however, McCulloch should never have allowed that header to get in in the first place.

It was Weir's fault, but its easier to blame McCulloch for everyhting

Wot not Barry's fault :mutley:

Wot not Barry's fault :mutley:

Not everything revolves around Barry.

Its easier to blame McCulloch for everyhting

It's more a case of McCulloch making it easy for people to blame him.

And honestly, how the fuck did we not win that?!

Simple really.

Didn't deal with any high balls into the box. Didn't deal with any decent cross coming into the box and weren't clinical enough infront of goal. Novo changed the game in a way but he should of been on after the 45th minute mark.

I know we can't forget the 2nd half, but I'm very encouraged by the first 45 mins.

First 45mins against Aberdeen and DU were good.

Im a Walter Smith fan but does this not mean that the two away managers (changed) things at half-time and it worked?

I think WS needs to do more when games are in-running IE not wait till the usual subs on 65mins.

Why wait till we are chasing games? Why not do it from a position of strength?

Anybody any thoughts???

We didn't win it for 3 reasons...

Broadfoot

Weir

McCulloch

aye its broadfoots fault for letting davie weir follow him to every ball, weir did this with carlos and he'll do it again with someone else, he tries to get everything even when his partner has it covered, both goals were caused by having no left midfielder helping out papac if you notice there is about 3 arabs being marked by sasa alone, and whittaker not getting any help from davis to close the ball down and stop the crosses coming in.

our MAJOR problem seems to be that we LET teams play balls into the box we don't close them down or show them onto their weaker foot.

I agree about not closing down the opposition at crosses. Our wide mids and FBs are poor at that.