Just watched that Dundee Utd game again....

papaguy51

And honestly, how the fuck did we not win that?!

Even though I'm seen as one of the more negative posters on here (apparently), it struck me that apart from the 20 minutes in and around the Dundee Utd goals, we showed enough for me to think that we really CAN win the league this year.

That first half is one of the best Gers' performances I've seen under Smith, it was simply miraculous that we never beat them.

Positive rant over :)

Poor defending cost us that geme. Loads jumped on Cully being drafted in but I agreed with him starting. A bit more meaty than Beas & Aaron.

Whit had a nightmare, and Davis wasn't at his best if we were to look at who let us down. Although they didn't cause our defensive errors, the officials had the worse geme I've EVER seen. It was embarrassing how shit they were!

I know we can't forget the 2nd half, but I'm very encouraged by the first 45 mins.

The turning point was when Boyd almost went clean through and the defender poked out a leg and it just bobbled by the post.

But if the likes of McCulloch, Whittaker and Broadfoot all start the one game together again I will hang myself!

Poor defending cost us that geme. Loads jumped on Cully being drafted in but I agreed with him starting. A bit more meaty than Beas & Aaron.

Whit had a nightmare, and Davis wasn't at his best if we were to look at who let us down. Although they didn't cause our defensive errors, the officials had the worse geme I've EVER seen. It was embarrassing how shit they were!

Davis wasnt really on the ball and we suffered so badly because of it. When he performs, the rest of the side performs.

I also think we'd have won the game if Lee McCulloch wasnt involved.

I know we can't forget the 2nd half, but I'm very encouraged by the first 45 mins.

The turning point was when Boyd almost went clean through and the defender poked out a leg and it just bobbled by the post.

But if the likes of McCulloch, Whittaker and Broadfoot all start the one game together again I will hang myself!

Obviously Whitty needs to work on his defending (although he did stop the inital cross coming in on the 2nd goal), but overall I think he offers so much more than Broadfoot.

Even though I'm seen as one of the more negative posters on here (apparently), it struck me that apart from the 20 minutes in and around the Dundee Utd goals, we showed enough for me to think that we really CAN win the league this year.

That first half is one of the best Gers' performances I've seen under Smith, it was simply miraculous that we never beat them.

Totally agree. even with 5 or 6 Stella down my neck though it was worrying that if you're a striker, you really know that you'll need to score 3 times to guarantee 3 points - i'll bet McCoist and Hately etc didn't have that kinda pressure and it's a worry that at one point i thought you could drive a number 9 bus through our defence!

We're great going forward :rangers: , but the defence are simple not coping!!! :craphead:

Likewise Papa - we outplayed them in that first half and had we had a more cutting edge such as a decent LM...I think the game could have been sewn up by half time.

The defence needs sorted and quickly however.

When Wilkie scored that first goal must say i wanted to throttle the whole back line - how can a player find himself in so much space with NOT A BLUE SHIRT NEAR HIM - IT'S COMPLETELY AMATEUR!!! :craphead::craphead:

To be honest .. that one didn't upset me, it was just a good goal. The second one, however, McCulloch should never have allowed that header to get in in the first place.

Davis wasnt really on the ball and we suffered so badly because of it. When he performs, the rest of the side performs.

I also think we'd have won the game if Lee McCulloch wasnt involved.

When I heard before the game McCulloch was starting it removed any doubt in my mind that we were going to drop points.

Yet that specky c...unt Levein comes out with the comment of he can't believe Dundee United didn't win it.

Said the same at Ibrox as well when they didnt have 1 shot on target all night apart from the goals they scored :rolleyes:

Levein is a grade a w@nker

It was a repeat of the away match at Pittodrie. An excellent first 45 and a shit second one.

We didn't win it for 3 reasons...

Broadfoot

Weir

McCulloch

I would remove Broadfoot from the list, but, also add Davis too it, for once this season, he didnt turn up, which removed our potential down the right, and, we already had none from the left in that game

And Papa, indeed, how did we not win? Ball on the deck, Mendes and Ferguson actually clicking in places, I dunno. Perhaps the very random officiating contributed to it

We didn't win it for 3 reasons...

Broadfoot

Weir

McCulloch

aye its broadfoots fault for letting davie weir follow him to every ball, weir did this with carlos and he'll do it again with someone else, he tries to get everything even when his partner has it covered, both goals were caused by having no left midfielder helping out papac if you notice there is about 3 arabs being marked by sasa alone, and whittaker not getting any help from davis to close the ball down and stop the crosses coming in.

our MAJOR problem seems to be that we LET teams play balls into the box we don't close them down or show them onto their weaker foot.