SPL (PL) v EPL - Best Players for each part of the pitch

dummiesoot

In your opinion list the best Goalie, defender, midfielder and attacker from each league then name your favourite or best player of the two.

Goalies - Goram, Schmical (however you spell it) best - Goram

Defender - Gough, Bruce - best Bruce

Midfielder - Gascoigne, Scholes - best - cannot split them, different skils but both wonderful players.

Forward - Laudrup, Henry - best Henry

OK my favourites favour Rangers from the SPL but who can argue!

In your opinion list the best Goalie, defender, midfielder and attacker from each league then name your favourite or best player of the two.

Goalies - Goram, Schmical (however you spell it) best - Goram

Defender - Gough, Bruce - best Bruce

Midfielder - Gascoigne, Scholes - best - cannot split them, different skils but both wonderful players.

Forward - Laudrup, Henry - best Henry

OK my favourites favour Rangers from the SPL but who can argue!

I like wee Scholesy, but Gazza at his peak was a far superior player.

I assume we're talking about the first divisions here and not just the Premier Leagues because Scotlands Premier League was only founded 1998.

Goram-Schmeichel (Goram)

Gough-Adams (Adams)

Gazza-Gerrard (Close call but I think Gerrard pips it)

McCoist-Shearer (Shearer)

Was a close one between McCoist and Larsson and to be honest it is only because McCoist is my favourite that I edged him. McCoist scored 285 goals from 534 games in Scotland but Larsson scored 174 goals from 221 games for Celtic giving him a much better average. Who's to say if Larsson could have kept that up though.

Anybody who put someone other than Shearer has got to be mad though. He scored a total of 260 goals in the EPL including a record 34 in one season with Blackburn. The closest striker that comes to him is Andy Cole who scored 187 and equalled Shearers record for a season with Newcastle.

Anybody who put someone other than Shearer has got to be mad though. He scored a total of 260 goals in the EPL including a record 34 in one season with Blackburn. The closest striker that comes to him is Andy Cole who scored 187 and equalled Shearers record for a season with Newcastle.

To say it's "mad" is ridiculous. Henry is the greatest foreigner to have ever played in the EPL and Cantona is recognised by many as Man Utd's greatest ever player. Whilst Shearer's goal record is fantastic, he never revolutionised a club like Cantona or dragged his side to a Champions League final like Henry.

To say it's "mad" is ridiculous. Henry is the greatest foreigner to have ever played in the EPL and Cantona is recognised by many as Man Utd's greatest ever player. Whilst Shearer's goal record is fantastic, he never revolutionised a club like Cantona or dragged his side to a Champions League final like Henry.

A striker's there to score goals and no one has been a more prolific goal scorer in the EPL than Shearer. He also thanks to a record breaking season won the Premiership for Blackburn something I think is on a par with Henry taking Arsenal who are perennial contenders to the CL final. Cantona was just a tosspot.

A striker's there to score goals and no one has been a more prolific goal scorer in the EPL than Shearer. He also thanks to a record breaking season won the Premiership for Blackburn something I think is on a par with Henry taking Arsenal who are perennial contenders to the CL final. Cantona was just a tosspot.

At the risk of wakening the Kris Boyd fanboys from their slumbers, a striker isnt there to just score goals and if anyone proved that; the likes of Henry, Cantona and even Bergkamp did.

As i say, Shearer is a perfectly valid choice, he just isnt the clear front-runner by any means.

Shearer shot himself in the foot by not going to Man Utd.