***Official NHL Thread***

bluenose_72

Don't know if this has been posted yet but was big news on ESPN today

What a numpty doh

Question: Was that accidental or was Ballard lashing out at his teammate? I saw this one very quickly this morning and did not catch the full story, so I saw bits of info about being mad at his teammate.

By the looks of it he was frustrated at conceding the goal and was swinging at the post and hit the keeper on the way through. By the way he skates off you can tell he doesn't even realise he's hit him. They were saying if that were an opposition player accident or not he would have got a year long or possily a life ban.

By the looks of it he was frustrated at conceding the goal and was swinging at the post and hit the keeper on the way through. By the way he skates off you can tell he doesn't even realise he's hit him. They were saying if that were an opposition player accident or not he would have got a year long or possily a life ban.

I got the full picture after seeing that again on CNN today, and I understood that he did that out of frustration. The look on his face showed that he felt bad.

Being a Thrashers fan, I was obviously watching the game at the time. Ballard was just frustrated and accidentally hit Vokoun(who is thankfully alright). The Panthers commentators said that if it was a regular helmet and not a goalie one, a lot more damage could have been done.

As for the Atlanta Thrashers, currently 5th in the Eastern Conference :D 4 wins in a row including a shutout against Detroit and Philadelphia! Next up is the Isles at home tomorrow, then Florida away on Friday(I think).

most russians playng in NHL represent HC Dynamo Moscow and CSKA Moscow glad ti hear our former player Afinogenov is in Atlanta but i don't like Kovalchyk he is a good player bur he used to play for spartak whom we hate as well fc

New York Islanders defenseman Brendan Witt is used to taking hard hits. But he's used to taking them on the ice, not en route to getting his morning coffee.

Witt was leaving the team's Center City hotel and crossing Arch Street when he was hit by a gold SUV.

"I had the right of way, going across the pedestrian line, and I saw there was a gold Tahoe or Yukon was trying to get in the left lane to turn, and decided to turn, and in the corner of my eye, I saw it and jumped up and took the brunt of it," Witt said. "I did a nice roll and dismount. It was OK."

Witt said that while he saw the truck coming, he still was stunned by what was happening.

"It was weird, like slow-motion," he said. "I just reacted by bracing myself by jumping up and taking the brunt of the force and just rolling. Got up, realized I was OK, was like, 'Is this going on for real?' Then I threw out some profanities at the guy."

One witness told Newsday, "It was like seeing Clint Eastwood, but in hockey."

"People are rushing around to make sure I was OK; that was nice for people in Philly to come to your aid," Witt said. "They asked if they should call an ambulance. I said I'm OK, don't worry about it. Just got my coffee and that was it."

Witt said the driver apologized, and the defenseman said he wasn't going to file a police report.

"I think he's lucky that I was OK," Witt said. "He's happy I was OK. He apologized."

After successfully getting his coffee, Witt went to the Wachovia Center for the Isles' morning skate and was in the lineup Tuesday night.

The 6-foot-2, 223-pound defenseman, who is second on the Isles with 56 hits and third with 50 blocked shots, tried to play down what happened.

"I didn't look, but I might have put a dent in his truck," Witt said.

:craphead:

Free Ice Skating At Fenway ParkBOSTON (AP) ―

Fenway Transforming For NHL's Winter Classic

(12/11/2009)

It's not just the pros and the college kids who will get a chance to skate at Fenway Park.

Former Boston Bruins star Ray Bourque on behalf of the city announced on Monday that 3,000 free tickets will be handed out to city residents for open skates at Fenway on Jan. 3 and 10.

All they need to do is bring their own skates.

The ice is being laid in the home of the Boston Red Sox for the NHL's Winter Classic between the Bruins and the Philadelphia Flyers on New Year's Day.

Boston University and Boston College are scheduled to play a game at Fenway on Jan. 8.

Tickets for the skate will be distributed Saturday at various locations throughout the city.

Proof of residency is required.

Yep, 2 of the best teams in the NHL at the moment (tu)

Thrashers @ Rangers finished 2-2 at the end of Overtime, shootout away to start.

I deliberately didn't want to read your post. ;)

That's a close game.

Free Ice Skating At Fenway ParkBOSTON (AP) ―

Fenway Transforming For NHL's Winter Classic

(12/11/2009)

It's not just the pros and the college kids who will get a chance to skate at Fenway Park.

Former Boston Bruins star Ray Bourque on behalf of the city announced on Monday that 3,000 free tickets will be handed out to city residents for open skates at Fenway on Jan. 3 and 10.

All they need to do is bring their own skates.

The ice is being laid in the home of the Boston Red Sox for the NHL's Winter Classic between the Bruins and the Philadelphia Flyers on New Year's Day.

Boston University and Boston College are scheduled to play a game at Fenway on Jan. 8.

Tickets for the skate will be distributed Saturday at various locations throughout the city.

Proof of residency is required.

That's nice of Ray Bourque and the City of Boston to give out 3,000 free tickets for the folks to go ice skating inside Fenway Park. That will be an incredible lifetime experience for those. Awesome!