***Official NHL Thread***

bluenose_72

Wow.

Philadelphia @ Pittsburgh just now and in less than 6 minutes we have had a Sidney Crosby powerplay goal and 3 fights :lol: Asham v Rupp, Adams v Cote and Godard v Carcillo :lol:

And now Bill Guerin makes it 2-0 Penguins!

Dallas Stars @ Atlanta Thrashers tonight.

Thrashers haven't been playing well for for the last 9 games, Kovy seems a bit off(still a bit injured? Contract talks not going well?) and last night they had a heartbreaking loss @ Florida. Down 3-0 just into the 2nd, then Kovy, Antropov and Kozlov score 3 unanswered to tie it, then with just over 1 minute left Michael Frolik scores for the Panthers. :anguish:

Stars got pumped 6-3 at the Hurricanes, so both teams have something to prove here.

GO THRASHERS!

Thrashers haven't won a game in regulation since beating the Panthers 4-3 on November 30th at Phillips :anguish: Beat Panthers, NYR and Montreal all in overtime since then.

If you look at omens etc... this season the Thrashers do "Thrasher Thursdays", where they basically wear the 3rd jerseys. So far they have had 5 games wearing these this season - 4 defeats and 1 overtime loss. The jerseys, aswell as being unlucky, look disgusting.

I don't get to see a lot of the Stars, but I'm looking forward to seeing Loui Eriksson play. Since the Moose played last night, I'd imagine it will be Ondrej Pavelec in net. He has been awful of late and loves giving up juicy rebounds, but when he's standing on his head, he's one of the best goaltenders in the NHL.

I think it will be a close game and I was reading today that Kovy has never scored against Dallas? Lets hope that doesn't continue :D

I'm pleased as punch that the Rangers beat Carolina, 3-1. Go Blueshirts!!!!

Boston 2 Ottawa 0 Ottawa's Fisher's head needs to be on the game, not on his engagement to Carrie Underwood.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Aicl...p&type=lgns

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Carrie Underwood is engaged to Ottawa Senators hockey player Mike Fisher(notes), her publicist said Monday.

No wedding date has been set for the couple, who have been dating for about a year.

“The couple couldn’t be happier,” said publicist Jessie Schmidt.

Fisher, 29, recorded his 300th career point for the Senators in their 4-1 win over the Minnesota Wild on Saturday. Fisher had an assist on Anton Volchenkov’s(notes) goal in the first period.

Asked by The Associated Press last month what Underwood’s family thought of Fisher, the 26-year-old singer said they were supportive.

“They love me and I would hope my parents would think we raised a good, smart girl, so she’s going to do the right thing no matter what it is,” she said.

Days before the CMA Awards in early November, Underwood did not know whether she would be spending the holidays with Fisher.

“Christmas, I don’t know. We haven’t really thought that far ahead. We kind of take it one week at a time,” she said then.

Underwood has kept her relationship largely under wraps, but she gave Fisher a very public shout-out in the liner notes of her current album, “Play On,” that was released Nov. 3. She wrote, “Thank you (No.) 12 (referring to his jersey number.) You are the most amazing addition to my life! You are such a wonderful person and have had such an amazing hand in the building of this album and in the growth of me as a person. I love you so much! You make my life better in every way!”