***Official NHL Thread***

bluenose_72

got Lucic signed on 3 year deal :)

Didn't help much last night against Anaheim. :P

Watched Rangers @ Washington last night, was an awesome game (Rangers 4-3 Washington). I'd have picked out Backstrom as the 1st Star, not sure who NHL.com went with.

His 1st Goal was a terrible mistake by the Goalie right enough, if any of you haven't seen it you should check it out. It's from centre ice, he just sort of lumps it into the zone and hey presto it slides past the goalie and into the net. :lol:

Seen Kovalchuck scored his 300th goal last night. What a player - shame that landmark goal (his second of the night) was an empty netter, his first goal, however, was outstanding.

Also:- 9 Goal Thriller, as the UK Media would call it, with Philly and the Pens - might watch it later on today on ESPN360, not sure though.

got Lucic signed on 3 year deal :)

Didn't help much last night against Anaheim. :P

Watched Rangers @ Washington last night, was an awesome game (Rangers 4-3 Washington). I'd have picked out Backstrom as the 1st Star, not sure who NHL.com went with.

His 1st Goal was a terrible mistake by the Goalie right enough, if any of you haven't seen it you should check it out. It's from centre ice, he just sort of lumps it into the zone and hey presto it slides past the goalie and into the net. :lol:

Seen Kovalchuck scored his 300th goal last night. What a player - shame that landmark goal (his second of the night) was an empty netter, his first goal, however, was outstanding.

Also:- 9 Goal Thriller, as the UK Media would call it, with Philly and the Pens - might watch it later on today on ESPN360, not sure though.

Not even gonna go there <cr>

Got a mate who is a Flyers fan....sick as parrot today

Kovalchuk's first goal was his 300th. His EN was his 301st.

Terrific performance from Atlanta, a perfect away performance. And if anyone takes them lightly, they will be punished. Evander Kane also got his 1st NHL goal. My stars were Kovy, Pavs and Kane.

The all south-east tie, Florida @ Carolina is one of just two NHL games on tonight. Dallas are also travelling to Calgary, but I know what game I'll be watching :lol: Hopefully we can make the RBC Center a place people dread coming to again this season.

Just having a look at player stats from the first few games of the season. The one that sticks out for an Atlanta fan would have to be the shooting %.

Nobody would argue that Alex Ovechkin and Ilya Kovalchuk are two of the best snipers in the NHL. Both have 5 goals so far this season(Kovy has 5 in 3, Ovie has 5 in 5), but it's the S% that surprised me. Ovechkin has 5 goals from 35 shots which gives him an S% of 14.3%. But Kovalchuk has 5 goals from 11 shots :ohmy: which gives him an S% of 45.5%! That is the 2nd best in the NHL. I am obviously a huge fan of Kovy, but I always would of said that Ovie was the better sniper.....

Fuck me. Win 7-2 then lose 5-2... in consecutive nights.

What the hell is going on - we just can't get a win on the road.

The real test of our home 'form' (its too early to call it that surley?) will come this Wednesday. Penguins travel to the RBC Center in what is sure to be an embarassing outing for us.

Aye, yer best doing that. The critical time is December/January. if you hit a bad run then you're fucked. Not in early October doh

We should only open this thread in December or January then. No point in talking about these pointless games, no one even cares if their teams wins or not now.

Atlanta go 4-1-0 with another 4-2 win, this time against Buffalo. Kovalchuk scored 2 as he goes to 7 for the season. Antropov got another couple of assists and Maxim Afinogenov got his first as a Thrasher against his old team. It was some goal! Terrific deke, then he went top shelf past Lalime.

Atlanta will complete their 5 game road trip on Tuesday @ Montreal before playing Washington and San Jose at Phillips on Thursday and Saturday respectively.

This is the most current NHL standings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/standings;_ylt...ICkQmqWMYd7vLYF

I see that NY Rangers, so far, has the best home record (4-0-0) whereas Pittsburgh has the best on road record (5-0-0).

Glad to see that the Rangers is now 6-1, but from my experience, they usually start well and longer in the season, they tend to fall down to third or fourth place. That is as long as their coach does not do something stupid with the fans.

Up to date standings on nhl.com, landoso (tu)

NYR have now won 7 straight after beating Toronto 4-1, who have lost 7 straight!

What about Colorado aswell? Come from behind to beat Detroit in a SO tonight to make it 6-1-1!

• 4 weeks later...
Give this a bump.

Thrashers just went 2-1 up at MSG against the Rangers, Rcih Peverley with the goal on the Powerplay.

I'm growling at the Rangers. C'mon Blueshirts. Get busy and score more goals!! Actually, NYR tends to start fast and then slowly moves down to the middle and later fights to get the fourth place in the division.