Walter Smith Cleared

Poetry_In_Blue

The case against Walter Smith following his remarks against the linesman at the Motherwell game has been thrown out by the SFA.

His remarks followed after a Kris Boyd goal was ruled as being offside in the 0-0 draw, and it was ironic as it was the exact same linesman who allowed a McDonald goal to stand at the piggery in the 3-2 defeat last season, for McDonald being roughly in the same situation/area as Boyd.

Interesting how when something goes in our favour, it gets little discussion. And when it goes against us, we cry foul.

Thats a UK attitude, as a nation, we look for the worst, and, seem to relish anything negative, so, something that casts a positive light is ignored or trivialised

Yes, I have been on a course today, which, pretty much backs up my views on things, if anyone knows about "The Secret" then, they will know where I am coming from

And the investigation into the referee and linesman's decision....????

Which time? When JCD was offside at Ibrox but it wasn't called and he failed to score? Or do you mean Kris Boyd's offside goal at Rugby park?

What about two matches in a row where Charlie Adam stamped on opponents but wasn't punished for either.

Or are these just ignored and it's much better to be paranoid and complain about the stuff which goes against you?

He was only telling the truth. I expect Lafferty to also escape any punishment.

And Danny, I agree.

Every editor I've worked under tells me there's no news like bad news though :lol:

It's very true. It's far easier to bitch and moan when something goes against you than it is to discuss when you get a break.

You'll get a 100 page thread about an offside timmy goal at Falkirk, but one of our own at Ibrox won't even register.

Which time? When JCD was offside at Ibrox but it wasn't called and he failed to score? Or do you mean Kris Boyd's offside goal at Rugby park?

What about two matches in a row where Charlie Adam stamped on opponents but wasn't punished for either.

Or are these just ignored and it's much better to be paranoid and complain about the stuff which goes against you?

I thought it was rather obvious - the one Smith was on about.

I rarely complain about the referee's and their decisions.

But I could also question their decisions on a number of events this season - Beasley goal, Canning sending off, Caldwell handball before scoring against Hearts, Falkirk decision against celtc, celtc penalty at Love Street, Adam getting away with a ridiculous challenge at Tynecastle, Whittaker's two lunges at Tynecastle, staying on the park at Tannadice, Ferguson's persistant fouling not resulting in a yellow which would have seen him sent off....

I thought it was rather obvious - the one Smith was on about.

I rarely complain about the referee's and their decisions.

But I could also question their decisions on a number of events this season - Beasley goal, Canning sending off, Caldwell handball before scoring against Hearts, Falkirk decision against celtc, celtc penalty at Love Street, Adam getting away with a ridiculous challenge at Tynecastle, Whittaker's two lunges at Tynecastle, staying on the park at Tannadice, Ferguson's persistant fouling not resulting in a yellow which would have seen him sent off....

Exactly m8 - the referees are universally awful. They don't pick on any one team and it's paranoid nonsense to say they do.

I remember the handball goal by Soti at Tynecastle all those seasons ago. Remember how much timmy was up in arms saying nothing goes their way?

Well so many of our fans are doing the same thing now.

Bad decisions will always exist and it's not a bias thing - but I'm guessing none of us watch enough Celtic to see the poor calls they get against them. You know they're almost certainly talking on their forums about how the big bad refs hate them and we get all the breaks?

I don't think Ferguson's persistent fouling at Tannadice was that bad, but I was actually amazed that neither Whittaker nor Adam got sent off at Tynecastle. Not that it would have mattered anyway, of course.

Adam's stamp at Ibrox the previous week on the Dons defender was a lot worse tbh.

Anyway the point is we get breaks ourselves but I can't really see many of us starting a thread after a game discussing the decisions which go for us. Simply because it's not a 'talking point' unless there's something to moan/argue about :)