The King is Dead

I'm not usually into bashing players that have left, but Cuellar was hopeless last night.

He was our best player by a mile last year though, absolutely strolled this league and carried us to the UEFA Cup.

Don't know if it means we got his best year, or Scottish if football is woeful.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's only had one bad game.

The move hasn't worked out too well for him at this stage but generally Villa fans have been impressed with him and I'm sure he'll prove a better player than JAB ever was.

He's not been great since he went to Villa, but only a fool would even consider the two in the same bracket.

Cuellar is better in almost every conceivable way.

it wouldn't have annoyed so much if Carlos hadn't said....

Carlos Cuellar standing firm to resist Premier League overtures

Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar has rejected speculation linking him with a move to England and claimed that his preference is to remain at Ibrox for the foreseeable future.

"I want to stay for many years. It was a new experience for me and I loved every minute of it. Last season was my best ever as a professional player but I hope that next season will be even better."

losing at Kaunus changed things but he should have shown some loyalty to his words and shared responsibility for the loss of that game. . I can understand players wanting to further their careers but they shouldn't bullshit us with false promises

Danny Cousin made it clear he wanted to go and thats fine for example

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...-overtures.html

Maybe he didn't want to leave at the time of the interview.

Maybe Rangers forced his hand like they apparently did with Hutton.

Maybe he changed his mind after we were horsed out of the CL this season by a shower of nobodies, considering that he almost single handedly carried us to the UEFA Cup final last season.

Carlos invoked the buy out clause in his contract, Rangers didn't have a choice about the matter and it was reported that both SDM and Smith were surprised as there was no warning.

it wouldn't have annoyed so much if Carlos hadn't said....

Carlos Cuellar standing firm to resist Premier League overtures

Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar has rejected speculation linking him with a move to England and claimed that his preference is to remain at Ibrox for the foreseeable future.

"I want to stay for many years. It was a new experience for me and I loved every minute of it. Last season was my best ever as a professional player but I hope that next season will be even better."

losing at Kaunus changed things but he should have shown some loyalty to his words and shared responsibility for the loss of that game. . I can understand players wanting to further their careers but they shouldn't bullshit us with false promises

Danny Cousin made it clear he wanted to go and thats fine for example

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...-overtures.html

Maybe he didn't want to leave at the time of the interview.

Maybe Rangers forced his hand like they apparently did with Hutton.

Maybe he changed his mind after we were horsed out of the CL this season by a shower of nobodies, considering that he almost single handedly carried us to the UEFA Cup final last season.

Carlos invoked the buy out clause in his contract, Rangers didn't have a choice about the matter and it was reported that both SDM and Smith were surprised as there was no warning.

How do you know that to be the case?

He's only had one bad game.

The move hasn't worked out too well for him at this stage but generally Villa fans have been impressed with him and I'm sure he'll prove a better player than JAB ever was.

Exactly.

Recently, the Villa fans were urging O'Neill to break up their terrific Davies and Laursen combination to accomodate him.

One swallow does not make a summer.

he looked good it scottish football and is now being found out.

Not true at all.

Watch a lot of PL football and hes actually done not too bad.

Some of you are deluding yourselfs about that UEFA cup game which Villa lost 3-1. They left a load of first team players at home and they didn't need to get any sort of result at all.

Carlos was Ranger's best defender by a country mile. If he is supposedly getting found out, then what do we have in this current squad? A load of average league 1 players? Because compared to cuelar, they aren't on the same planet.

Said a week or so a go he has been ripped apart in just about all his games, last night he was bad very bad.

What has happened to his speed?

That bolded part is just nonsense mate.

Explain to me why it is nonsense?

Have you watched any games he has played for Villa?

Did you not see him getting beat in the air last night???

Said a week or so a go he has been ripped apart in just about all his games, last night he was bad very bad.

Your just talking nosense.

Hes not doing badly at all for Villa at the moment.

Last night's game meant nothing.

I bet a load of people are just tuning in to Villa games hoping he makes a bad tackle or does something stupid, so they can cain him. A bit sad in all honesty.

I bet a load of people are just tuning in to Villa games hoping he makes a bad tackle or does something stupid, so they can cain him. A bit sad in all honesty.

I think you will find tha Villa are doing well, not him. He has not played every game but when he has he has been at fault for at least 1 goal.

I think you will find tha Villa are doing well, not him. He has not played every game but when he has he has been at fault for at least 1 goal.

LOL! Hes made 12 apps. Unless some one can point out to me a bad mistake which cost villa to concede.

LOL! Hes made 12 apps. Unless some one can point out to me a bad mistake which cost villa to concede.

What apart for the last 2 euro games????

What apart for the last 2 euro games????

Last night's game was pointless.

Villa weren't ever in any danager of not making the knock out stages.

Iv not seen him be really shit yet in the PL. Hes been solid enough.

why we talking about this juda c*nt in the Bears Den. Fcuk him. Hope he fcuks up down there w*nker

Because some people, like you, can't leave the guy to get on with the rest of his career without making stupid remarks like this every so often.

Fuckin pathetic.