Famine Song - New Lyrics

airdriebluenose

The Famine Song isn't sectarian to begin with.

But still the press/spl/police etc. have twisted it and are saying it is, and have banned us from singing it.

If we sing this version then everyone knows what we mean, but cant do one thing about it. :rolleyes:

They have already tried to ban an innocent song, so I don't know why you thik they would try it with your one as well.

I have no problems with the original version aswell, but why has everyone stopped singing it?

Because the song has shamed the clubs name once again

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1436866,00.html

maybe a few more people need to be lifted before the message gets through...

The bottom line is that its a free country, and we are all entitled to our opinion.

so whats the problem if our opinion is 'why dont they go home' ?

:rangers::mutley:

"You're Free To Go Home,

You're Free To Go Home,

No Ones Stopping You,

You're Free To Go Home!"

No sectarian words, no reference to the famine, just plain and simple facts.

Lets keep reminding the scum - ITS TIME TO GO HOME!

:unionflag:

[/ :unionflag: quote]not :rangers:

I have no problems with the original version aswell, but why has everyone stopped singing it?

what do you do when you hear people singing this around about you?

nothing! Im not the one with a problem with it! I happily joined in with the chant when we could get away with it, but its time has passed now. Media attention on it now is just damaging the clubs reputation

nothing! Im not the one with a problem with it! I happily joined in with the chant when we could get away with it, but its time has passed now. Media attention on it now is just damaging the clubs reputation

So should we allow the media to dictate what we sing and what we don't sing?

The bottom line is that its a free country, and we are all entitled to our opinion.

so whats the problem if our opinion is 'why dont they go home' ?

Fact is your opinion only counts if you are the one being offended and are not a protestant.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt with the Billy Boys but now the famine song is dodgy now according to you.You mentioned in a post that you sang the famine song until you were told not to.If ,for example,you are told to stop singing another 2 or 3 songs, by the sounds of it, you will go along with that in case it brings shame on the club;to me that is the equivalent of rolling over and dying!

See to be honest - the song's shite, it was a witty bit of banter at first but the tune gets on your tits after a while. If the monobrows hadn't kicked up such a massive fuss about it I'm sure it would have died a death long before now.

Singing it or an alternative version could land you in court, I'm not prepared to risk arrest in front of my nephew so wont be singing anything to do about them going home.

I've went back and forth thinking we should just drop it to thinking we should just sing it but one thing's for sure we're perfectly capable of thinking up more songs to have them foaming at the mouth.

If we really want to piss them off the we should stick to the Sash and Derry's Walls. They hate they two songs more than anything in the world.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt with the Billy Boys but now the famine song is dodgy now according to you.You mentioned in a post that you sang the famine song until you were told not to.If ,for example,you are told to stop singing another 2 or 3 songs, by the sounds of it, you will go along with that in case it brings shame on the club;to me that is the equivalent of rolling over and dying!

I dont like to see the name of Rangers dragged through the dirt and associated with words like "racism" etc... Im not saying its justified, but once again we've been taught a lesson in managing the media and the name of Rangers has been tarred again. When the song you're singing starts to damage the club you love I think thats a good time to drop it

Regarding the Billy Boys, id say trying to resurrect it in a form where it'll be back for keeps and NOT harm the name of the club is hardly "rolling over and dying"

Never singing it again because some suit in Geneva or whatever told us so - THAT is waving the white flag!

I dont like to see the name of Rangers dragged through the dirt and associated with words like "racism" etc... Im not saying its justified, but once again we've been taught a lesson in managing the media and the name of Rangers has been tarred again. When the song you're singing starts to damage the club you love I think thats a good time to drop it

Regarding the Billy Boys, id say trying to resurrect it in a form where it'll be back for keeps and NOT harm the name of the club is hardly "rolling over and dying"

Never singing it again because some suit in Geneva or whatever told us so - THAT is waving the white flag!

Wait a minute here. You don't want to wave a wee white flag to the beaks at UEFA but are prepared to do so if the mhedia who hate us critisize us ?