Muff vs TMWWBK vs Barry Ferguson

TMWWBK

He just isnt doing it on the park. I dont expect much of the likes of Charlie Adam, but Barry Ferguson is suppose to be our best player. He is suppose to be the most influential player on the park. He gets £30,000 per week to produce high quality performances in the big games.

He needs to get his act together or go

He's not playing the way Barry Ferguson can, not close. But he deserves his place in the team, even at the level he's playing at just now. He's not been that bad in my view, just not influential enough.

Who can take his place at this time ? Edu ? Adam moving inside ? There just isn't a reasonable option.

Left wing and a striker. That's my key concerns. Davis-Ferguson-Mendes are all capable of playing a great pass, but a great pass requires a great run, and we are sorely lacking some decent movement in the final third. The only consistent option they have is Miller, with Boyd and Adam as static as caravans most of the time.

I dont think you can call his performance heartless

compaired, to other old firm games.

You would be expecting him to get torn in as he usually did, but he didn't today.

Also wanted far too long on the ball. Surely he knows you don't get time in games like that?

Before barry came back into the team our midfield was tremendous but when he gets a sniff of first team action the middle is back being bollocks, then barry gets the captincy back and a first full game, thompson who was our most influential player gets crocked big time.

is it just me who thinks barry's a jinx? <cr>

I'll go out on a limb and say that we'd have been a goal up after 45 minutes if he wasn't involved.

Non-existant in the first half. He wasn't missing, he was like a 12th man for them.

You are really off the mark.

While not good, he wasn't that bad and we played well in the first half.

Look at someone like Whittaker in the second half, totally useless. Why can't we focus on the more glaring problems instead of always taking shots at someone you expect more of?

You can't defend him CR :( I would love to see Ferguson perform to the way he was but I think it's better if we try Mendes and Davis in the middle with Novo and Aaron out wide.

Why can't I defend him? I seriously don't think he is our biggest issue.

Take him out, put whoever in, the partnership will still be surrounded by some very suspect teamates.

(tu)

But, people prefer taking the easy option CR, rather than look at the real picture

I'll go out on a limb and say that we'd have been a goal up after 45 minutes if he wasn't involved.

Non-existant in the first half. He wasn't missing, he was like a 12th man for them.

You are really off the mark.

While not good, he wasn't that bad and we played well in the first half.

Look at someone like Whittaker in the second half, totally useless. Why can't we focus on the more glaring problems instead of always taking shots at someone you expect more of?

You can't defend him CR :( I would love to see Ferguson perform to the way he was but I think it's better if we try Mendes and Davis in the middle with Novo and Aaron out wide.

Why can't I defend him? I seriously don't think he is our biggest issue.

Take him out, put whoever in, the partnership will still be surrounded by some very suspect teamates.

(tu)

But, people prefer taking the easy option CR, rather than look at the real picture

Assessing the Barry Ferguson issue is anything but easy for me. I've stuck up for him for almost a year now.

They have been a few that seen it early Myself, Muff, RFC_no1fan, Papaguy, Amac how have been saying how Barry has been declining over the years.

As i said in another Thread Barry is no longer the main man now, which is sad but thats Football.

I have been saying since I joined that Barry is past it.

Get rid of Barry, get Davis in the middle with Pedro and get WINGERS!

They have been a few that seen it early Myself, Muff, RFC_no1fan, Papaguy, Amac how have been saying how Barry has been declining over the years.

As i said in another Thread Barry is no longer the main man now, which is sad but thats Football.

I have been saying since I joined that Barry is past it.

Get rid of Barry, get Davis in the middle with Pedro and get WINGERS!

Sorry Andy :beer2:

One word describes Barry Ferguson - finished!

And he has been for near on 18 months now - your time is up and it's about time our manager and supporters realised this. He should be nowhere near the team let alone club captain.

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another poor performance from Captain Ferguson.

When are the management team going to do something about it and drop him? Charlie Adam, DaMarcus Beasley and Lee McCulloch have been dropped for less!

He's finished!

Too many people on here (including CR going by this thread) can only see the reputation instead of the performances of Barry Ferguson.

I'd take £500,000 for him just now, simply to move him and his £30,000 a week on.

Too many people on here (including CR going by this thread) can only see the reputation instead of the performances of Barry Ferguson.

I'd take £500,000 for him just now, simply to move him and his £30,000 a week on.

I'd give him away to get him off the wage bill. (tu)

I'd give him away to get him off the wage bill. (tu)

Hi Martin, so you're not offering him a new deal then?