FC United of Manchester

plymouthranger

Founded a few years back, it is a club in the English unibond league, who were formed by fans angry at the Glazer takeover and treatment of Red Devils fans by Manchester Utd.

And for all you skeptics, its working!

They have a large number of members, who all hold a share in the club, this share allows them to vote in club matters etc. Their mission statement is to "allow the fans on the terraces to own the club".

Now considering the shit we've been treated to during the last few years e.g:

Condeming of our fans and our clubs history and culture by boardmembers

Asset stripping of the club and the attitude that 2nd best is acceptable at the current time

Lack of defense for our fans, and a culture where attacking your own fans has became acceptable

A general "fuck the fans you know nothing" attitude, e.g. selling of certain players, replacing them with players the fans don't want etc.

SURELY we have been treated to enough to see a possible solution? What i'm suggesting is if Man. Utd can do it, why can't we?

The majority of this board are disgusted with the lack of backbone at the club. What especially hurts me is the older bears recalling days where we were a great club, a club who deserved the title of the "famous Glasgow Rangers". If someone with the organisational skills could organise all this, i would certainly put my money where my mouth is and buy a share.

Whilst i, like the majority of you, could never turn my back upon Rangers fully, this could be seen by many as an escape back to proper football. The days of terraces, songs, brotherhood.

I doubt this would ever happen, but please if you are reading this, don't believe im turning my back upon our club.

I will remain Rangers til I die, however the Rangers of now is not the one we fell in love with

A new rangers which tried to sing the famine song and Billy Boys would get nowhere

I didn't specifically state that, that would be a matter down to the fans who could vote on such dilemnas. At the end of the day, the precedent set by United of Manchester is interesting. They get good crowds, and ex players such as Cantona etc. have said they back the idea. Yes they wouldn't turn into world beaters overnight, infact they probably never will. Even if they became a force, it could take 50years +.

Right now we can sit back, and wait for the good times. Yes they will come eventually, but do we want those times to be tarnished with out supporters being spoon-fed what we can and can't do?

Founded a few years back, it is a club in the English unibond league, who were formed by fans angry at the Glazer takeover and treatment of Red Devils fans by Manchester Utd.

They have a large number of members, who all hold a share in the club, this share allows them to vote in club matters etc. Their mission statement is to "allow the fans on the terraces to own the club".

Asset stripping of the club and the attitude that 2nd best is acceptable at the current time

Lack of defense for our fans, and a culture where attacking your own fans has became acceptable

A general "fuck the fans you know nothing" attitude, e.g. selling of certain players, replacing them with players the fans don't want etc.

SURELY we have been treated to enough to see a possible solution? What i'm suggesting is if Man. Utd can do it, why can't we?

The majority of this board are disgusted with the lack of backbone at the club. What especially hurts me is the older bears recalling days where we were a great club, a club who deserved the title of the "famous Glasgow Rangers". If someone with the organisational skills could organise all this, i would certainly put my money where my mouth is and buy a share.

Whilst i, like the majority of you, could never turn my back upon Rangers fully, this could be seen by many as an escape back to proper football. The days of terraces, songs, brotherhood.

I doubt this would ever happen, but please if you are reading this, don't believe im turning my back upon our club.

I will remain Rangers til I die, however the Rangers of now is not the one we fell in love with

News of Man U. death is premature - who wants to go and watch a dross team supported by wankers who couldnt support their original club - Man U would not even have noticed they have gone! GREAT PLAN! CYA!

Wouldn't work. It's not like England where they can do this and work their way into the Football League.

You are correct but for this to really have potential what's to stop the formation of a club to play in England?

We may have to locate somewhere south of Glasgow to qualify to play in a Northern English league (as Gretna a few years back) but if the club progressed I'm sure it could be relocated wherever we liked - Berwick play in Scotland and Cardiff etc in England - so the precedents are there.

If there was enough interest and financial support for this it could work and within 10-15 years the club could realistically be playing in the Championship or Premiership.

It may seem a bit pie in the sky and highly imprpobable but it is not impossible.

News of Man U. death is premature - who wants to go and watch a dross team supported by wankers who couldnt support their original club - Man U would not even have noticed they have gone! GREAT PLAN! CYA!

Words fail me.

This club was set up by a group of guys who cared passionately about their club but did not agree with the sale to American owners.

They protested and whilst they were unable to prevent the sale they got off their arses and set up their own club which has actually done very well to get where they have in such a short time.

And I'll let you in to a little secret - noone at Old TRafford is allowed to mention their name in the presence of Ferguson.

No Man Utd will not notice their gone your right, they will fill up their seats with asian supporters with no links to the club who are glory hunters. And in times of trouble, when they need diehard fans who care about the club, they'll miss those fans.

Supported by wankers, who supported their original club soo much til the point that they could no longer see it tarnished. They acted, i believe the only true "wankers" are those who find it acceptable not to act. If sucha thing were to happen, it would fill me with great pleasure to say "CYA" to the likes of you.

And before you attack me, you contradicted yourself. Who wants to go and watch a dross team? Well my friend, stay at our present club and you may well do this. You appear to be what could be tagged as a glory hunter, who doesn't give a toss what happens so long as we are winning.

Naturally this is just a presumption, i expect and await a reply to justify your words

Words fail me.

This club was set up by a group of guys who cared passionately about their club but did not agree with the sale to American owners.

They protested and whilst they were unable to prevent the sale they got off their arses and set up their own club which has actually done very well to get where they have in such a short time.

And I'll let you in to a little secret - noone at Old TRafford is allowed to mention their name in the presence of Ferguson.

Why would Ferguson give two fucks?

These FC Utd of Manchester supporters don't get a say after their club was listed on the stock exchange in the early 1990's. They reaped the benefits from winning the Champions League or buying top class players from the cash generated, yet throw the toys out the pram because a Yank came in and bought them? Well that is business, if you don't like it protest like that when you first floated.

Since the Glaziers came in they have won the league and the Champions League and bought some of the best players in Europe. Ram the FC Rangers idea up yer arse.

I see we still disagree then.

No Man Utd will not notice their gone your right, they will fill up their seats with asian supporters with no links to the club who are glory hunters. And in times of trouble, when they need diehard fans who care about the club, they'll miss those fans.

Supported by wankers, who supported their original club soo much til the point that they could no longer see it tarnished. They acted, i believe the only true "wankers" are those who find it acceptable not to act. If sucha thing were to happen, it would fill me with great pleasure to say "CYA" to the likes of you.

And before you attack me, you contradicted yourself. Who wants to go and watch a dross team? Well my friend, stay at our present club and you may well do this. You appear to be what could be tagged as a glory hunter, who doesn't give a toss what happens so long as we are winning.

Naturally this is just a presumption, i expect and await a reply to justify your words

As a SUPPORTER holding a season ticket for 22 years I have NO time for idiots that just want to moan and not support - if we aint good enough for you - go elsewhere - simple. Me, I will support Rangers, that is current team, management and ownership - and the support! Cya!

To say FCUM have been a success is only looking at the partial picture. For a start they have a much larger fan base than their opposition, bigger crowds and more money give them a clear advantage over other non-league teams. They have no ground of their own which will be an issue for them in the future. Realistically if they were to reach the senior league they would encounter real opposition from other Man U fans, some of who currently support their cause but not their team, some of who are indifferent towards them and some of who are openly hostile to them. Also while crowds of 7,000 odd are good in non-league they aren't big enough in league 2 or above to make an impact.

They certainly have ideals and I think in theory I support them, Liverpool fans formed a similar club, AFC Liverpool, in the summer too. However breakaway clubs is the road to madness, we are not anywhere near that point yet.

The comment about Ferguson hating them is spot on.

In reality if about 1,000 Rangers fans organised themselves and each put in £500 they could take over just about any club in Scotland with the exception of about 6 or 7. In reality a 'fans club' could be playing in the SPL next season if the will was really there.

As a SUPPORTER holding a season ticket for 22 years I have NO time for idiots that just want to moan and not support - if we aint good enough for you - go elsewhere - simple. Me, I will support Rangers, that is current team, management and ownership - and the support! Cya!

bp9 rules (td)

If things got that bad i would like/support a breakaway team

It would be easy to get to Division 1 and then it would just take one more csash boost to get them to the SPL then slowly it would get up to the top 6 and then the leauge.

This would take 10 - 15 years