Rumour Mill time

Carsons Dog

Had a text from a mate of mine in Belgium who says Rangers are being linked with Steven Defour.

This guy is a Genk fan and Defour was with Genk before he went to Standard Liege.

Even though he left Genk under acrimonious circumstances this guy still raves about him.

Described as a midfield playmaker, he is only 21 but has already been capped by Belgium nearly 20 times.

Apparently Ajax are also interested.

About a snowball's chance in hell of us signing Defour, he is absolutely brilliant and has some major clubs after him. If we could afford guys like this, our 'scouts' wouldn't be wasting their time watching mediocre SPL players like messrs Shields and Wilkie. We can only dream of having someone like Defour, or his mate Witsel from Liege.

:McBoyd:

I will text him back and tell him

If I had recieved a text like that I'd have burst out laughing. Defour is Standard Liege's captain, he's the golden boy of Belgian football and he'd probably command a figure close to Marouane Fellaini, if not more!

We could sell our whole squad and still not be able to afford him(that's actually quite depressing)

:McBoyd:

I will text him back and tell him

If I had recieved a text like that I'd have burst out laughing. Defour is Standard Liege's captain, he's the golden boy of Belgian football and he'd probably command a figure close to Marouane Fellaini, if not more!

We could sell our whole squad and still not be able to afford him(that's actually quite depressing)

I'm only passing on what he is reading in the Belgian press.

(note to self - dont do that again)