***The Official NFL Playoffs Thread***

TexasGers

Well now that the pathetic, lifeless, sack of crap known as the Cowboys had their season ended by the Eagles last week, I can watch the playoffs unbiased now.

This weeks matchups:

Saturday 1/3:

Atlanta @ Arizona- I think Atlanta walks this game. Arizona looked terrible the past couple of weeks, and have no good running game, or any decent pass rushers. Atlanta, even with a rookie QB in Matt Ryan, are incredibly balanced on offense, and have a solid, workmanlike defense.

Indianapolis @ San Diego- This is a tricky game to predict. On paper, the 12-4 Colts should have their way with the 8-8 Chargers, but the Chargers always play the Colts tough, and match up with them very well. The X-factor is Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson, who is battling a groin injury. If he plays and can be effective, the Chargers have a chance, but as it stands, I like the Colts in this one.

Sunday 1/4:

Baltimore @ Miami- These are two evenly matched, well coached teams. Baltimore won the meeting earlier this year against Miami 27-13. I think the Ravens repeat that result because they come into the playoffs having won 5 out of their last 6 games, and I believe their stingy run defense can neutralize Miami's innovative ground attack, and they should be able to cause Miami QB Chad Pennington some problems as well.

Philadelphia @ Minnesota- Even though Philly looked dead in the water a month or two ago, they have rebounded well and are coming into the playoffs fresh off a 44-6 thrashing of the Cowboys. The Vikings, on the other hand, are having to rely on backup QB Tavaris Jackson, who looks amateurish at times. Nevertheless, the Eagles will have to find a way to stop star Viking running back Adrian Peterson. If they can do that, then the Eagles exotic blitz-schemes will be able to rattle Jackson, and that is what should propel the Eagles to a victory here.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent watched American Footy in years but you are plumping for 4 away wins here which i would have thought would be unlikely.

Having said that, im gonna show some trust in a fellow Bear and with the best odds of 8.4 times your money with William Hills, stick a cheeky £6 on to win £50.

:bouncy:

Haha weren't Dallas touted as Superbowl contenders at the start of the season as well? The 49ers had another miserable season but shows you how shit NFC West was that they still got second with a 5-7 record. I don't watch many games really but I find the playoffs quite entertaining and obviously as any real sports fan should I watch the Superbowl. I'd say the Colts for the Superbowl this year but as last year showed, anything can happen.

Haha weren't Dallas touted as Superbowl contenders at the start of the season as well? The 49ers had another miserable season but shows you how shit NFC West was that they still got second with a 5-7 record. I don't watch many games really but I find the playoffs quite entertaining and obviously as any real sports fan should I watch the Superbowl. I'd say the Colts for the Superbowl this year but as last year showed, anything can happen.

Yep Cowboys were Favorites at the start of the season, Tony Romo getting injured was a massive loss for the Cowboys.

Mon the Colts

Mon the Colts, It our year this year :beer2:

Saying that i hate the Chargers :mad:

beers are going in the fridge for saturday when a get home tonight

One thing is for sure it's going to be a Classic :beer2:

hope your right

Yep Cowboys were Favorites at the start of the season, Tony Romo getting injured was a massive loss for the Cowboys.

Romo's injury was important, but the coaching was atrocious, and in the end with Terrell Owens, Pacman Jones, and Tank Johnson all on the same team, there were bound to be serious chemistry problems.

I have kinda lost interest so not sure who I want to win. :(

Are the New England Patriots not in the Playoffs 14.gif

Delightful, innit? :D:D:D

Would love to see the Colts do well, but they have a pretty stout challenge in spite of SD's record. Would also like to see Arizona advance as I'm a big Kurt Warner fan from his Rams days, but honestly don't see them going far, even if they manage to surprise Atlanta (which I highly doubt will happen).

Delightful, innit? :D:D:D

Would love to see the Colts do well, but they have a pretty stout challenge in spite of SD's record. Would also like to see Arizona advance as I'm a big Kurt Warner fan from his Rams days, but honestly don't see them going far, even if they manage to surprise Atlanta (which I highly doubt will happen).

I like to see Arizona to advance as well, they have some good players in Warner, Fitzgerald, Boldin and Hightower.

No doubt about it Chargers will be up for this game against the Colts. :(

Good news is LT is a major doubt :beer2:

Now this is exactly why I won't support the colts now their fans are mean :angry2:

Now c'mon cstamom, you's were quick to dish it out last year :craphead:

Did I that doesn't sound like me!