Walter Smith: I may not be able to stop Madjid Bougherra leaving

we could potentially get stranzl and tonel with the money we get from bougherra but whos to say they will settle quickly. I wouldnt be that disappointed if we sold bougherra in the summer but i dont want him to go in january as it will weaken our team as our central defenders will take a while to gel.

5M would be brilliant for Bougherra. Take that and get a good defender instead with the money.

Also goes to show if he does go, as looks certain, that once again a player has lied about wanting to stay.

Thing is, this time I have to say you guys have been a lot more cynical - I didn't see too many falling for his 'I am happy and staying' routine. And I'm glad to see that because it means the outrage when he does go will be a lot less.

Guest Andypendek

All this buying then selling is all very well, and I'm all for making a profit, but we have to have home grown players who are willing to stay for 5 years or so to form a basis to the team. You can't change the majority of the side every June and expect to win things! We've got Alexander, Broadfoot, Thomson and Miller we can say will be there for the next 3 years or so...4 players out of a pool of about 28?

I hope Walter starts bringing through players soon, we can't go on like this.

at the end of the day if the player aint wanting to be here get him to fuck, our prob is the oposite, they wanna stay and we want them out.

does ma titties in when adam and co say there gonna fight for a spot, i aint seen any fight in any of them