Boyd or Larsson?

Gazzza

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people would say Larsson and so would i probably, but...

At present, Boyd is the second most prolific goal scorer in scottish football history, only 28 goals behind larssons record i think. If he stays for next season there is no doubt he will beat that.

If he stays then of course I wouldn't rule out him breaking the record, but in terms of who I would rather have in my team it isn't even close. Larsson was almost as good outside of the penalty area as he was in it and was undoubtedly too good for Celtic (something you can't say about Boyd with us).

Yes, true enough. I was going to get onto that eventually lol.

Its not a trick question, i just always wondered what people thought. People on Radio phone in were saying Boyd was better. I just wanted to no if you guys had the same thought.

Sorry for waisting your time:\ lol.

Its not a trick question, i just always wondered what people thought. People on Radio phone in were saying Boyd was better. I just wanted to no if you guys had the same thought.

Sorry for waisting your time:\ lol.

They always uncover themselves eventually

:mutley:

Boyd.

All Larsson's goals were offside or deflections <_<

:lol:

It did seem like that at one point.

I had respect for Larsson. Done a lot of work for autism charities outside of football and it helped my big brother with some days out (he's not a heavy sufferer, but who's saying no to a free day out?! :pipe:) and was an exceptional player.

A better debate, and one I had with a Swedish guy in a club in Bangkok, was who is better - Larsson or Laudrup?

He was 'mates' with larsson and kept telling me "i know a guy who was the best player in your league" to which i replied "you know laudrup?"

Cue the classic 'drunkonvodkaplayerdebate'

:mutley::mutley::mutley:

he was a world class player, just coz he played for celtic

he basically carried them to the uefa cup final that year, he was world class and its just a shame he was wasted at celtic when he could have played his best years at one of the biggest european clubs.