History will be kind to Alex McLeish

southdown

We have a lot to thank Alex McCleish for because if he had not broken O'Neils run of championships then Celtic would in all probability be going for their eight successive championship this year. With two last game,last minute goals McCleish gave us the most memorable of all Championships not to mention the last minute Lovenkrands Scottish Cup winner against Celtic. With the funds he had to work with he did magnificent.

We have a lot to thank Alex McCleish for because if he had not broken O'Neils run of championships then Celtic would in all probability be going for their eight successive championship this year. With two last game,last minute goals McCleish gave us the most memorable of all Championships not to mention the last minute Lovenkrands Scottish Cup winner against Celtic. With the funds he had to work with he did magnificent.

Your'e giving 'The Ginger Genius' away too much credit here. :rolleyes:

In hindsight he did do miracles with what he was given, compared to what Smith and PLG have done with much more backing (financially).

The stain on his record was 3rd place in his last season. Even if he had only taken us to 2nd in 05/06, I reckon he'd be held in higher esteem now than he really is.

I believe we were not net spenders in any of McLeish's years at Ibrox. That is unprecedented in our history. That he took on and won trophies v Lunatic O'Whoops celtic is testament to the man. Lunatic spent millions, McLeish had to stand by and watch millions draining out of the team. Yeah he made mistakes, Cannigia being one but how do people think Smith would have done in Ecks shoes?

Was never sure he should have gone

I believe we were not net spenders in any of McLeish's years at Ibrox. That is unprecedented in our history. That he took on and won trophies v Lunatic O'Whoops celtic is testament to the man. Lunatic spent millions, McLeish had to stand by and watch millions draining out of the team. Yeah he made mistakes, Cannigia being one but how do people think Smith would have done in Ecks shoes?

It was wee Dick that signed Cannigia Jake...............and to be honest I thought he did very well at Rangers, but everyones got their own views.

It was wee Dick that signed Cannigia Jake...............and to be honest I thought he did very well at Rangers, but everyones got their own views.

I think he means not offering canniga a new deal after we qualified for the CL, an canniga came out and criticised him saying mcliesh had a gentlemens agreement with him which he broke.

he is trying to take our top goal scorer at a crucial time of the season

feck wee chesneys big brother

I think you will find he is only doing what we would do if the boot was on the other foot and exploiting or mismanagement