New Strips Deal

Frankie

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if it'd be interesting to play on our similarities with New York Rangers? They wear red white and blue, brand the same name as us, try get fans of the NYR to notice Glasgow RANGERS, just by something as simple as the fact we both have similar names and colours.

I've often seen Celtic fans and Boston Celtic fans (Boston KELtics) both wearing eachothers kit, obviously because of the irish/green and white link.

Yes, you see them from time to time around here. Enough to give you the dry boke (and btw, don't know if you were joking or not, but in Boston the basketball team is indeed pronounced SELtic, just like their putrid counterparts. Another reason to loathe them.).

Speaking of NYR, I was at a Hogmanay party over here and some twat started giving me grief about a Gers scarf I was wearing - turns out he was a Boston Bruins fan. I politely pointed out (as I 'm not one for being nasty to Down's Syndrome folks) that the scarf plainly says "GLASGOW Rangers" and has rampant lions on it, which mystified him even further. They're out there.

So would the dissipation of the JJB deal mean that we're free to pick and choose where we want to open stores again?

If that is the case, then the re-opening of the Glasgow Airport branch should be the priority. First impressions are everything, and it's sadly that mob that have first dibs on the impressionable tourists.

I put no stock in a shop at the airport and these apparent tourists snapping up sellck jerseys.....

We didn't make money out the airport shop as the rent was very high and there is no point keeping a shop open that is making no money

I wonder if it'd be interesting to play on our similarities with New York Rangers? They wear red white and blue, brand the same name as us, try get fans of the NYR to notice Glasgow RANGERS, just by something as simple as the fact we both have similar names and colours.

I've often seen Celtic fans and Boston Celtic fans (Boston KELtics) both wearing eachothers kit, obviously because of the irish/green and white link.

Yes, you see them from time to time around here. Enough to give you the dry boke (and btw, don't know if you were joking or not, but in Boston the basketball team is indeed pronounced SELtic, just like their putrid counterparts. Another reason to loathe them.).

Speaking of NYR, I was at a Hogmanay party over here and some twat started giving me grief about a Gers scarf I was wearing - turns out he was a Boston Bruins fan. I politely pointed out (as I 'm not one for being nasty to Down's Syndrome folks) that the scarf plainly says "GLASGOW Rangers" and has rampant lions on it, which mystified him even further. They're out there.

NYR would have nothing to gain over here would they?

NYR would have nothing to gain over here would they?

Yeah that's true in the main.

However, you'd be surprised how many bears would buy their merchandise just because of a suitable commercial link.

Unfortunately, I can't see this happening even if they idea is an interesting one.

Not looking too good on their own site with the Depo and Pompey kit.

Are you at it ?

Their goods are second to none, and the Portsmouth strip is superb.

They are the Rolls Royce of the sports clothing world.

Shame it looks like a Lada.

:mutley:

How come practically nobody outside the unattractive world of rugby knew of them, before the last few years.

Shame it looks like a Lada.

:mutley:

How come practically nobody outside the unattractive world of rugby knew of them, before the last few years.

Because Adidas and Nike have had the monolopy of sports wear throughout the world. Canterbury seen an opportunity in Rugby and took full advantage of it.

It may or may not be the case, guess we'll wait and see but I certainly wouldn't mind if they were to be our kit manufacturers.

I would prefer Nike or Adidas because of their global influence and experience but I wouldn't be too disappointing if we went with Canterbury. Their apparel is good quality and considering their oceanic background they too must have excellent marketing to have done so well so quickly in the UK.

In actual fact, there was a strong rumour a couple of years back that Under Armour (the American equivilent to Canterbury) were going to help our operations in America. I doubt they'd make the replica strips but they may provide training gear and distribution networks.

I travelled for a year last year and in total in a year of world travel i seen 1 Gers top against 43 Septic tops.

Yes im sad and yes i did keep count.

It will take us a few years to get up to speed with them and with Bain etc at hand i dont think we can compete with Lawell

and his shreudness (unfortunatly).

JJB Sports to post hefty loss

LONDON (ShareCast) - JJB Sports (LSE: JJB.L - news) will make a loss of between £5-10m in the current year to end January before ADVERTISEMENT

any refinancing costs as a result of the extremely difficult trading conditions.

Within this result the LifeStyle division is expected to incur losses of around £15m for the full year and may now be put up for sale, JJB said.

Sales during the 5 weeks from 8 December 2008 to 11 January 2009 on a like-for-like basis were 6.8% lower than during the same period last year. This consisted of an 8.4% increase in revenue for health clubs and an 8.0% decrease in retail sales. The core retail gross margin rose by 50 basis points on than last year as it cleared non-current stocks.

JJB added it expects year end net debt to be in line with market consensus of just under £60m and said its banks remain supportive and "constructive discussions" are continuing with a view to agreeing a basis for providing ongoing support.

"We have started a comprehensive review of the business - including product offer, store layout and operating systems. This is an essential part of the plan to re-establish JJB as a major force in the Sportswear Market," Sir David Jones, Executive Chairman, said.

Reprots today, meanwhile, said that the Financial Services Authority has launched an investigation into share disposals at JJB after the retailer revealed that a company jointly controlled by chief executive Chris Ronnie had offloaded a 27.5% stake in JJB without disclosing the disposal.