New Strips Deal

Frankie

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest therabbitt
So would the dissipation of the JJB deal mean that we're free to pick and choose where we want to open stores again?

If that is the case, then the re-opening of the Glasgow Airport branch should be the priority. First impressions are everything, and it's sadly that mob that have first dibs on the impressionable tourists.

I'm sure one of the more financially adept members of the forum said that the airport store was working at a significant loss.

I'm sure one of the more financially adept members of the forum said that the airport store was working at a significant loss.

It is, but sometimes a financial loss is worth the hit.

So would the dissipation of the JJB deal mean that we're free to pick and choose where we want to open stores again?

If that is the case, then the re-opening of the Glasgow Airport branch should be the priority. First impressions are everything, and it's sadly that mob that have first dibs on the impressionable tourists.

(tu)

Guest therabbitt
It is, but sometimes a financial loss is worth the hit.

I agree Jim, it irks me that Celtic are represented to the millions of people that travel through Glasgow Airport every year and we are not.

I was just playing devils advocate, would it be worth it to open it if it were to operate at a fiscal loss in the current financial climate?

So did nobody notice that Celtic have proudly announced a deal that's worth £1.5m less than ours each year?

Didnt realise ours was a better deal. Did you also notice that it is £2 million more than their current deal which I believe was also over 5 years. Thats a 8% increase over 5 years which in my book isnt very good. In my work our government contracts have been rising at between 3 - 4% every year for the past 6 years. However they are indexed linked and a different situation to sponsorship. Even still I would be looking for a 12-13% increase on the figure which was set 5 years previous.

Didnt realise ours was a better deal. Did you also notice that it is £2 million more than their current deal which I believe was also over 5 years. Thats a 8% increase over 5 years which in my book isnt very good. In my work our government contracts have been rising at between 3 - 4% every year for the past 6 years. However they are indexed linked and a different situation to sponsorship. Even still I would be looking for a 12-13% increase on the figure which was set 5 years previous.

In the current climate, I'd gladly take a short term deal that equates to the same £6.5m per annum.

Did Nike not buy out Umbro a few months back?!

I'm sure something was posted about this :unsure:

Yes they did...

Th Umbro brand will remain but Nike own it.

I was under the impression one of reasons they bought umbro was to slap a nike badge on england merchendise , which rakes in a absolute fortune every year, dunno if it is the most lucrative in uk, man u could sell more but it is defenatley up there as one of the best selling products in world football

They're ugly tops, mate.

Canterbury is one of the finest sportswear manufacturers in the world.

Canterbury are amazing! They made some under armour for us last season and if you see on a matchday our players and staff wear canterbury hats, so theres some deal between us and canterbury maybe?? maybe they could take over from umbro, their kits and training wear is the best. their rugby stuff is awesome!

(tu) Brilliant idea.

They're ugly tops, mate.

Canterbury is one of the finest sportswear manufacturers in the world.

Canterbury are amazing! They made some under armour for us last season and if you see on a matchday our players and staff wear canterbury hats, so theres some deal between us and canterbury maybe?? maybe they could take over from umbro, their kits and training wear is the best. their rugby stuff is awesome!

Not looking too good on their own site with the Depo and Pompey kit.

Not looking too good on their own site with the Depo and Pompey kit.

Are you at it ?

Their goods are second to none, and the Portsmouth strip is superb.

They are the Rolls Royce of the sports clothing world.