New Strips Deal

Frankie

Umbro contract is up this summer after 4 years.

http://www.plusmarketsgroup.com/story.shtm...mp;NewsID=20804

With all the debate and uncertainty regarding our financial position - not mention the problems with the JJB outsourcing - can we expect to attain the same £25million over 5 years that Celtic have allegedly agreed with Nike?

Have we budgeted for more money, less money or the same? Can we trust Bain to maximise our agreement? How will JJB's problems affect the distribution rights?

Will this be some much needed light at the end of the tunnel or are talks not progressing well and contributing to our existing actions?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Umbro contract is up this summer after 4 years.

http://www.plusmarketsgroup.com/story.shtm...mp;NewsID=20804

With all the debate and uncertainty regarding our financial position - not mention the problems with the JJB outsourcing - can we expect to attain the same £25million over 5 years that Celtic have allegedly agreed with Nike?

Have we budgeted for more money, less money or the same? Can we trust Bain to maximise our agreement? How will JJB's problems affect the distribution rights?

Will this be some much needed light at the end of the tunnel or are talks not progressing well and contributing to our existing actions?

Heres to hoping (tu)

I actually have a bit of faith in the club to get us a good deal. Over the years Sir David has negotiated a good deal for us merchandise wise.

From being the club with the highest merchandising turnover in the UK when making our own strips to the deal with JJB that makes us more clear profit than we ever have before we have always done well in this field.

Someone suggested Nike may be interested in having the old firm in there stable and I would be happy with that.

I seriously doubt JJB will still be here come the end of March after the two traditionally slowest retail months on the calendar so I trust we are using our time wisely to plan for this.

Surely the 'Rangers' brand is an attractive one for a sportswear manufacturer?

There was one Nike strip i liked, the one i bought off Ebay a few months back, 98/99 season it might have been?

How are the other nike strips this year, style wise? Anything good?

Surely the 'Rangers' brand is an attractive one for a sportswear manufacturer?

It's not as straight forward as that. Due to our deal with JJB they can only be sold in certain stores.

We should realise though that Umbro albiet a huge sport brand is obviously not recognisable throughout the world as Nike or adidas. Understand just how pissed off i was in Vegas when I couldn;t get my hands on a Gers strip yet the 3 or 4 Nike stores I visted was dripping with the Grey of the unwashed.

That fucked me off. It should be leading brands like Nike or Adidas and nothing else.

I actually have a bit of faith in the club to get us a good deal. Over the years Sir David has negotiated a good deal for us merchandise wise.

From being the club with the highest merchandising turnover in the UK when making our own strips to the deal with JJB that makes us more clear profit than we ever have before we have always done well in this field.

Someone suggested Nike may be interested in having the old firm in there stable and I would be happy with that.

I seriously doubt JJB will still be here come the end of March after the two traditionally slowest retail months on the calendar so I trust we are using our time wisely to plan for this.

Yep, merchandise is one area where we perform very strongly in.

Like you say we can only hope the JJB is either amended or ended to ensure the maxiumum possible return out of our recent position as 2nd only to Man Utd in merch sales in the UK.

We should realise though that Umbro albiet a huge sport brand is obviously not recognisable throughout the world as Nike or adidas. Understand just how pissed off i was in Vegas when I couldn;t get my hands on a Gers strip yet the 3 or 4 Nike stores I visted was dripping with the Grey of the unwashed.

That fucked me off. It should be leading brands like Nike or Adidas and nothing else.

An Adidas branded top would be interesting, i like their stuff.

Yep, merchandise is one area where we perform very strongly in.

Like you say we can only hope the JJB is either amended or ended to ensure the maxiumum possible return out of our recent position as 2nd only to Man Utd in merch sales in the UK.

Is that true? Wow, didn't know that, i thought Chelsea would be above us, Man City too (just because of the fact everyone became 'fans' of them when they got bigger)

We need to get our crap into the North American shops with someone. The scum have far too many in our stores and we have nothing.

(tu)

edit: But I have noticed Rangers tops getting advertised on tele over here and I have started to see some football stores sell them. There's more Celtic tops though.