New Strips Deal

Frankie

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should realise though that Umbro albiet a huge sport brand is obviously not recognisable throughout the world as Nike or adidas. Understand just how pissed off i was in Vegas when I couldn;t get my hands on a Gers strip yet the 3 or 4 Nike stores I visted was dripping with the Grey of the unwashed.

That fucked me off. It should be leading brands like Nike or Adidas and nothing else.

Under the current deal though you still wouldn't be buying a top anywhere but online in the states....

If JJB haven't had the common sense to work out deals with foreign stockists that maybe partly explains why they are in so much trouble financially, seems ridiculous to me as their would be a demand for our tops all over the world

I wonder if it'd be interesting to play on our similarities with New York Rangers? They wear red white and blue, brand the same name as us, try get fans of the NYR to notice Glasgow RANGERS, just by something as simple as the fact we both have similar names and colours.

I've often seen Celtic fans and Boston Celtic fans (Boston KELtics) both wearing eachothers kit, obviously because of the irish/green and white link.

Just an idea, far fetched at that though.

Under the current deal though you still wouldn't be buying a top anywhere but online in the states....

If JJB haven't had the common sense to work out deals with foreign stockists that maybe partly explains why they are in so much trouble financially, seems ridiculous to me as their would be a demand for our tops all over the world

As said above, Umbro have the rights for foreign distribution. JJB are only responsible for the UK (but can obviously sell to overseas customers online).

:)

Being down south you maybe don't realise just how big a brand Rangers are in Scotland and the North of England in particular.

Rangers are national, unlike many premiership clubs which still have big followings, but on a more regional/local level, Man Utd and Celtic are the only clubs with comparable reach within the UK.

Thats cool, of course i knew we were a big club, and the most successful club in the world, but i never knew we were a bigger brand than most EPL teams.

Interesting (tu)

I've seen more green and grey tops in my area than blue sadly (td)

I think the chairman sorts these things out….

Not sure. Bain used to be responsible for marketing and commercial operations (and was reasonably successful in those jobs) so when Peel left I think he assumed this side of things... Murray may oversee such large projects but not be directly involved.

Being down south you maybe don't realise just how big a brand Rangers are in Scotland and the North of England in particular.

Rangers are national, unlike many premiership clubs which still have big followings, but on a more regional/local level, Man Utd and Celtic are the only clubs with comparable reach within the UK.

Leaving London to come up to Manchester on UEFA cup final day showed you our potential even in the South.

Rangers tops everywhere round London that day and euston was a sea of blue

Don’t know where they got them all though as there wasn’t one to be had in any JJB….phoning the shops some of the staff hadn’t even heard of the team…..

Don’t know where they got them all though as there wasn’t one to be had in any JJB….phoning the shops some of the staff hadn’t even heard of the team…..

On the way to our Widnes hotel we called into the huge JJB store in St Helens to try and buy a strip for a mate...

They had none and when the staff were asked they informed us they'd had dozens of inquiries from interested locals but all their minimal stock had been sent to Scotland. We had already tried all stores in Edinburgh in the days previous to the game as well.

Umbro and JJB certainly missed a trick not ensuring stock levels were full that month.

On the way to our Widnes hotel we called into the huge JJB store in St Helens to try and buy a strip for a mate...

They had none and when the staff were asked they informed us they'd had dozens of inquiries from interested locals but all their minimal stock had been sent to Scotland. We had already tried all stores in Edinburgh in the days previous to the game as well.

Umbro and JJB certainly missed a trick not ensuring stock levels were full that month.

and we missed bonus payments......

A lot of that is down to how poorly we are marketed via JJB.

The JJB deal is decent financially, however it doesn't do us justice at all in terms of getting our brand out there. Plus Celtic are the dominant club at the moment and more neutrals are inclined to buy their tops, just to have something different.

We are poorly marketed via JJB, all the local JJB's had no rangers tops at all in, or if there were it was only a few, but there was a whole section of unwashed stuff.

I thought it was better when we had Rangers Stores, rather than having JJB outlets sell our kit for us, because they always did that anyway regardless.

A lot of that is down to how poorly we are marketed via JJB.

The JJB deal is decent financially, however it doesn't do us justice at all in terms of getting our brand out there. Plus Celtic are the dominant club at the moment and more neutrals are inclined to buy their tops, just to have something different.

Sadly that does some up the deal.

More profit for the club but we are not being marketed to our potential. As JJB as an operation is failing on every level right now that shouldn't surprise us. I just don't see how they can survive as a going concern over the next few months

any wonder JJB are going bust. I would prefer adidas to nike kits personally but would prefer either over umbro kits although this years umbro home kit is my favourite for a long long time. I doubt we sell as many kits as we used to but i am pretty sure that i read somewhere that rangers home shirts were one of the biggest sellers for nike when they made our shirts. Dont think they were making man u kits at that time though, think it was umbro making theirs.