Not really working yet for Scolari is it?

Danny

He may be a great manager but he seems to not quite have fully grasped yet club football.

Made a good start but there are signs of real weakness about him and his Chelsea team - I might be wrong but I believe Grant's record was better than Scolari's - such as the Brazilian losing that unbeaten home run - twice.

And then being quite comprehensively beaten by United.

Something isn't quite clicking at Stamford Bridge - they don't look like champions elect at all. They can't overcome the big sides, and that's a major problem and very unChelsea like.

I agree, the way they just capitulated in the second half at Old Trafford was indicative of a lack of team spirit and belief within the squad in my opinion.

I like Scolari, but I fear he may struggle to turn things around. He's dropped Drogba from the squad for the game at Southend tonight, so we shall see what that brings.

He has promised to change tactics but I can't really see how he will do that. They have a shortage of good wingers and will find it tough to go back to the 4-3-3 that Mourinho used with Duff and Robben out wide and Drogba through the middle. Joe Cole is the only wide player they have that I rate, and even then he doesn't score enough goals. Also, the less said about Florent Malouda the better.

Difficult times for Chelsea indeed.

They started off well then faded, but that's what happens when you make a player like Deco your main man. Bosingwa hasnt looked anywhere near the player he was when he first arrived either.

It finally became clear to me on Sunday why he was so desperate to land Robinho in the summer. For all the sand dancers faults, he can actually link up attack with midfield when his head is screwed on. You look at the Man Utd team and you see Rooney running the flanks, catering to Berbatov and getting himself in the box, Chelsea rely on Drogba as this battering ram and it just doesnt work very well. I know that catering to a player like that isn't their ideal style, just like Milan's isnt playing with wingers, but if you want to challenge at every level you need these options.

They need someone who can take up space 'in the hole'. Call me crazy, but there's a certain Icelandic fella' warming the bench at Barcelona who has this role down to a tee. Oh, and he knows Chelsea pretty damn well. ;)

I agree, the way they just capitulated in the second half at Old Trafford was indicative of a lack of team spirit and belief within the squad in my opinion.

I like Scolari, but I fear he may struggle to turn things around. He's dropped Drogba from the squad for the game at Southend tonight, so we shall see what that brings.

He has promised to change tactics but I can't really see how he will do that. They have a shortage of good wingers and will find it tough to go back to the 4-3-3 that Mourinho used with Duff and Robben out wide and Drogba through the middle. Joe Cole is the only wide player they have that I rate, and even then he doesn't score enough goals. Also, the less said about Florent Malouda the better.

I can't remember the last game where Joe Cole impressed me. They should never have got rid of Robben, not that i'm complaining of course. :D

I can't remember the last game where Joe Cole impressed me. They should never have got rid of Robben, not that i'm complaining of course. :D

After a bit of thought, I actually can't remember the last game where i thought Joe Cole had been outstanding. Perhaps the game when Chelsea beat United at the Bridge to win the title when he scored? Good lord, that was years and years ago!

I take it back, all of Chelsea's 'wide' players are poor!

Kalou isn't anywhere near the top level either, even though he might be considered more of a second striker. An average one at that.

As for Robben, some of his goals this season have been sensational. In the words of Harry Redknapp, 'Trriffic player'.

After a bit of thought, I actually can't remember the last game where i thought Joe Cole had been outstanding. Perhaps the game when Chelsea beat United at the Bridge to win the title when he scored? Good lord, that was years and years ago!

I take it back, all of Chelsea's 'wide' players are poor!

Kalou isn't anywhere near the top level either, even though he might be considered more of a second striker. An average one at that.

As for Robben, some of his goals this season have been sensational. In the words of Harry Redknapp, 'Trriffic player'.

Indeed, Robben is playing the best football of his career at the moment. He's been superb of late.

Will he be at the bridge next season

Yes, the question is will Abramovitch.

Suddenly the rumours abound that the Russian is now bored of his plaything and is selling up.

They started off well then faded, but that's what happens when you make a player like Deco your main man. Bosingwa hasnt looked anywhere near the player he was when he first arrived either.

It finally became clear to me on Sunday why he was so desperate to land Robinho in the summer. For all the sand dancers faults, he can actually link up attack with midfield when his head is screwed on. You look at the Man Utd team and you see Rooney running the flanks, catering to Berbatov and getting himself in the box, Chelsea rely on Drogba as this battering ram and it just doesnt work very well. I know that catering to a player like that isn't their ideal style, just like Milan's isnt playing with wingers, but if you want to challenge at every level you need these options.

They need someone who can take up space 'in the hole'. Call me crazy, but there's a certain Icelandic fella' warming the bench at Barcelona who has this role down to a tee. Oh, and he knows Chelsea pretty damn well. ;)

Can't agree with that. I think he's been their best player this season.

They just absolutely no width

A target man like Drogba with no crosses going in plus the likes of Terry, Joe Cole Deco and Lampard are not on championship winning form

Plus i dont think Alex or Mikel are good enough, whens Essien back?

Can't agree with that. I think he's been their best player this season.

Since teams twigged on to the 'Mikel release' himself and Cole have been extremely mediocre.

the problem with chelsea is that they are becoming the real madrid of 3,4,5 years ago - they have the big names but they cannot play as a team - their egos are all far too big

look at man u, liverpool their players (excluding torres) made their names at those clubs, they werent brought in with their ego

the problem with chelsea is that they are becoming the real madrid of 3,4,5 years ago - they have the big names but they cannot play as a team - their egos are all far too big

look at man u, liverpool their players (excluding torres) made their names at those clubs, they werent brought in with their ego

Chelsea would comfortably beat every Real Madrid team of the past 5 years bar Capello's. Their problems arent anywhere near as bad as the one's we had.