Miller on wanting a goal and finding form

Boab

Kenny's Dons Goal

By Andrew Dickson

KENNY MILLER admits he's desperate to end his longest run of games without a goal in his second spell at Rangers this weekend at Aberdeen.

The Scotland forward has found the net seven times this season, with five of those coming on the road against Celtic, Hibernian and Kilmarnock.

But he hasn't scored in any of his last six games and you have to go back to the 7-1 victory against Hamilton on December 6 for his last counter.

Miller admits he hasn't been at his peak in the last month or so but is determined for that to change in the Granite City.

He said: "For the majority of the season, I've been really happy with the way things have went. I think I've been playing well.

"In the last three or four games, though, I haven't felt as happy with my game and it's fair to say I've hit a bit of a dip in form.

"The fact goals haven't been coming either has highlighted that a little more and I've been disappointed in myself.

"Hopefully I'll come good again. I missed three or four weeks of training before Christmas with a knock and maybe that's why I've not been up to scratch.

"Injuries certainly don't help and even if you're only out for a short while, it still takes you a bit of time to find your rhythm again.Kenny Miller

"It's not as easy to find your feet again and pick up from where you left off as people perhaps believe it is.

"With that said, I'm determined to step up a level. I'm working even harder in training and it would be good to lift things with a goal at Aberdeen.

"That would help a lot. Goals give strikers confidence and any kind of goal would give me a wee boost as I look to do things the way I did before."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1529359,00.html

The sad thing is that he's in no danger of losing his place even if he plays woefully.

Where's the motivation to improve your performance going to be if you KNOW you'll be on the team sheet regardless of form?

The sad thing is that he's in no danger of losing his place even if he plays woefully.

Where's the motivation to improve your performance going to be if you KNOW you'll be on the team sheet regardless of form?

I'd think being a striker his desire to score would be motivation enough.

He wasn't bought for his goals though, he was bought to be Boyd's legs

Boyd can do what he does best with or without Miller.

But what happened to the super duper Boyd and Miller combo that many were hailing as the the best thing since McCoist and Hateley just a few months ago?!

Truth of the matter is that they really don't need each other. Boyd will still score goals without Miller and Miller (with his head screwed on) will still put in industrious performances without Boyd. As a partnership they were never going to work, i said that from day one.

He wasn't bought for his goals though, he was bought to be Boyd's legs

Boyd can do what he does best with or without Miller.

But what happened to the super duper Boyd and Miller combo that many were hailing as the the best thing since McCoist and Hateley just a few months ago?!

Truth of the matter is that they really don't need each other. Boyd will still score goals without Miller and Miller (with his head screwed on) will still put in industrious performances without Boyd. As a partnership they were never going to work, i said that from day one.

It's far too early in the day for you to be sensible like that.

I think he should be on the bench for a couple of weeks, and play Naismith to see the effect/possible improvement, but for you Miller haters even now, the SPL scoring table at this moment in time makes a pretty interesting read.

Boyd Rangers 20

Samaras Celtic 12

Porter Motherwell 9

Lovell Falkirk 8

Miller Aberdeen 8

McDonald Celtic 7

Miller Rangers 7

Riordan Hibernian 7

Fletcher Hibernian 6

Nish Hibernian 6

Sandaza Dundee Utd 6

Clarkson Motherwell 5

Daly Dundee Utd 5

Davis Rangers 5

Higdon Falkirk 5

Exact same as McDonald of Celtic, and so far only two players in the whole SPL in double figures.

I think he should be on the bench for a couple of weeks, and play Naismith to see the effect/possible improvement, but for you Miller haters even now, the SPL scoring table at this moment in time makes a pretty interesting read.

Boyd Rangers 20

Samaras Celtic 12

Porter Motherwell 9

Lovell Falkirk 8

Miller Aberdeen 8

McDonald Celtic 7

Miller Rangers 7

Riordan Hibernian 7

Fletcher Hibernian 6

Nish Hibernian 6

Sandaza Dundee Utd 6

Clarkson Motherwell 5

Daly Dundee Utd 5

Davis Rangers 5

Higdon Falkirk 5

Exact same as McDonald of Celtic, and so far only two players in the whole SPL in double figures.

How much more game time has miller had than McDonald?