Michael Carrick

papaguy51

Was listening to a debate on TalkSport earlier about how technically brilliant Carrick is and I agree wholeheartedly.

I've said for years that outwith Becks, he's probably the best passer of a ball I've ever seen. He's also about 3 minutes in front of every other player when it comes to deciding what pass is the right one.

He doesn't get the credit he deserves for club or country. In Fabio's 4-5-1, a holding midfielder with Carrick and Gerrard/Lampard in front would be sensational to watch.

Does anyone else rate him as I do?

Was listening to a debate on TalkSport earlier about how technically brilliant Carrick is and I agree wholeheartedly.

I've said for years that outwith Becks, he's probably the best passer of a ball I've ever seen. He's also about 3 minutes in front of every other player when it comes to deciding what pass is the right one.

He doesn't get the credit he deserves for club or country. In Fabio's 4-5-1, a holding midfielder with Carrick and Gerrard/Lampard in front would be sensational to watch.

I totally agree with you, his vision to see a pass is quite brilliant and he can also make the pass aswell, a top class midfielder, although he does need a player beside him to do his running and tackling.

As for your point about the England team, there midfield should contain Barry as the holding player of the three, then as you said Carrick along with the best midfielder in the world and IMO the best all round player in the world, Steven Gerrard!

Scary when you think that England have two of the best players in the world in certain positions, Rio Ferdinand and Steven Gerrard, I honestly think they'll win the next World Cup. Which belive me hurts me to say.

As much as I have only recently started posting on here, I've read with interest for a while and can safely say that my football beliefs and views are very similar to yours mate.

Carrick is an absolute joy to watch, the way he effortlessly sprays the ball about is incredible. I'd have him in my starting 11 every week, just because you can rely on him to create chances, keep the ball under pressure and chip in with a few spectacular goals.

Along with Xabi Alonso, probably my favourite midfielder in the Premiership.

Amazingly, my Dad doesn't rate him. Many an argument in my house about this topic.

I'd call him underrated if anything. As mentioned above, it could be because he's not the kind of player to go on mazy runs and fire the ball in from 30 yards. Definitely agree with the above poster about Xabi Alonso, without him Liverpool would be in serious trouble.

One I tend to disagree with people on is Barry, never really saw what all the fuss was with him. Clearly he's a good player, but he's never impressed me as much as he has with others. Could be because I hate Villa more than any team apart from Man Utd and the scum.

I'd call him underrated if anything. As mentioned above, it could be because he's not the kind of player to go on mazy runs and fire the ball in from 30 yards. Definitely agree with the above poster about Xabi Alonso, without him Liverpool would be in serious trouble.

One I tend to disagree with people on is Barry, never really saw what all the fuss was with him. Clearly he's a good player, but he's never impressed me as much as he has with others. Could be because I hate Villa more than any team apart from Man Utd and the scum.

I can't believe Rafa was willing to sell Alonso to Juve in the summer and bring Barry in to replace him.

That really would have been an absurd move.

I rate him as highly as you papa, amazing passer of the ball and always plays the right pass.

Such a strong player and controls the central midfield so well for them, a very under rated player because he doesnt score nearly as many as gerrard and lampard do for their clubs but he's equally as important.

I've been raving about Carrick for ages now to my Chelsea mate and even he's starting to agree with me. He's a better passer overall (just) than Beckham (who I rate just as highly) because of the little passes he plays just outside the opponent's box. Little through balls, one two's coupled with great movement, it's fantastic to watch. Carrick would be a certain starter for club and country for me. He's great in the holding role but he's just as good when he's attacking, he's a brillant, brillant midfielder.

And on subject of Man Utd's centre midfield, Giggs has looked sensational in that position this season. Manchester United have a ridiculous amount of options in midfield.

Guest hotchilli

He's a good player.

He is an amazing player Papa....some of his first time passes are out of this world. His touch not only recieving a pass but giving a perfectly weighted ball is sheer class. I agree in the fact that he is extremely underrated, I think its because he doesnt wear his heart on his sleeve like all the great midfielders, Gerrard, Scholes, Keane, Lampard do alot of running and get there foot stuck in, Carrick does but it just seems like he isnt as combative. I mean he'd never lose his head but maybe fans like to know that a player will die for club and country....Other than that I really cant understand why he is so underated!