Football pundits

easterhouse64

I hate the silly random fact they have on setanta at a rangers away game if we are losing or drawing a match, usually something like

"rangers havent lost here for 12 years" or "rangers havent drawn here 2 years in a row for ..." and they repeat it every couple of minutes

Guest Andypendek

'John Fleck, he's a player.'

Naw, really? I thought it was one of the balls boys getting a bit up himself.

'He put in a good shift.'

I'd love to work for 90 minutes tomorrow, then announce I'd done a good shift and fuck off up the road.

'Exclusive,' 'Exclusively.'

Plainly, no-one understands this word.

'I understand that...'

I'm guessing that...

'Sectarian bile'

I am a tim

'John Fleck, he's a player.'

Naw, really? I thought it was one of the balls boys getting a bit up himself.

'He put in a good shift.'

I'd love to work for 90 minutes tomorrow, then announce I'd done a good shift and fuck off up the road.

'I understand that...'

I'm guessing that...

'Sectarian bile'

I am a tim

If that would have went in it would have been a goal, from sherlock peter (martin) mcguire

"(Insert player name here) is an honest player"

What? I'll remember that when I need a character reference for my c.v. or job application.

On similar lines:

"A good honest pro"

Translates as shite player.

or translates to a player hanging on when he should of retired a few seasons ago

Guest Andypendek

I'll tell you the shitiest comment of them all, which I heard yet again yesterday while listening to the St Mirren game in B+Q carpark -

'put it behind them and get them turned'

This, after criticising the Saints for 'trying too many passes.' The author of this throwback, unimaginative crassness? Murdo MacLeod. How I thrill to know my licence fee is paying for such incisive, cutting edge football analysis. State of the art stuff, indeed, if you live in the 1950s.

After a player gets sent off for violent conduct his pals in the mhedia (remember Albert Craig getting defended to the hilt after walloping a player in the tunnel at Firhil) come out with shit like "Alberts not that type of lad..." and "I'm sure the officials will take account of the fact that that was TOTALLY OUT OF CHARACTER..." :craphead:

of course if its a ranger it translated as "the SFA will really hammer him for that..."

Another word they don't seem to understand is literally:

"They literally came out all guns blazing"

"They are literally getting under the skin of the defense"

<cr>

I think you have taken those quotes too literally!