***Official Formula One 2012 Thread***

Ryan_1

Suprised to see that there's not a thread already on this, especially with Sky's new F1 channel and constant promo's for it.

Already had some very interesting plots so far in testing, practice and this mornings qualifying. We've got McLaren and the British boys Lewis Hamilton and Jensen Button looking extremely promising early on. Hamilton taking the seasons first pole with Button in second. The roles were reversed in practice with Button the faster of the two, so both McLaren's look to this point of the season have a car to challenge Sebastien Vettel and his World Championship.

As for Vettel and Red Bull, well they don't seem to be at their imperious best yet and I stress the word yet as I wouldn't count Red Bull out at all. However they have struggled to keep up with the McLaren so far and I think it'll show tomorrow morning. It'll be interesting to see how Vettel responds to most probably having to play catch-up from the start. I suspect though that Adrian Newey will have the Red Bull up to speed in the coming weeks.

Personally for me seeing Michael Schumacher posting quick times with what looks to be a real quick Mercedes has been the best sight so far this weekend. Hopefully he can build on his positive practice and qualifying times and getting a good result in the race. Michael competiting for the title would be great for the sport.

Really looking forward to tomorrow and the rest of the season, an early one however, 6am start.

Quite enjoy the f1 but already I'm getting sick and tired of skys coverage . I thought the bbcs coverage over the last few years was terrific and imo sky are going way overboard .

Hope vettel wins it again , infact anyone but " lewis " .

F1 may quite well die in a few years, I reckon the number of viewers will drop like a stone when BBC stop showing the handfull of games they have.

I really hope Murdoch has a fucking stroke sometime soon so I can watch the full F1 season instead of just half the GP's

Delighted for Jensen winning in Australia, he looked good aswell!

Although Vettel coming from 6th to 2nd did look ominous for future races.

Thought Sky's coverage was really good and indepth.

Delighted for Jensen winning in Australia, he looked good aswell!

Although Vettel coming from 6th to 2nd did look ominous for future races.

Thought Sky's coverage was really good and indepth.

Thought it was a bit OTT personally.

Didn't find they really needed to interview Button's old man mid-race while he was out back having a fag.

Also Button didn't look too happy about being interrupted by Brundle when he was out congratulating the team after the race.

Loved the race though, shame the safety car cost Hamilton a shot at 2nd place though.

Perez blew the chance of victory as he had the speed on Alonso.

Sauber made the error, should have brought him in a lap earlier. His engineer made a second error by pointing out how valuable second place points were.

Shame for Perez. Great race overall.

Vettel has made it himself look like a right chump with his "idiot" comment.

Hadn't seen this bumped.

Got into my F1 last Season, hoping to get really into this year. Going to be a really interesting one, does anyone know what the odds were on Ferrari winning at Malaysia straight after Australia?

Tasty I'm sure.

I'm a Button fan really, but like Grosjean, Maldonado and Raikkonen (tu)

Alonso was 66/1 to win the race according to William Hill results. Seems pretty high for me(although might be the price given after qualifying?), was still 2/1 with a few laps to go when Perez was catching him.

Fucksake. Cracking price, imagine having a tenner on that.

• 1 month later...

Hamilton relegated to the back of the grid over a fuel infringement. Hamilton stopped his car after running out of fuel on the in lap from qualifying, breaking the rule requiring there to always be 1.0L of fuel in the car for the FIA to test for the duration of the event.

McLaren and Hamilton really don't think on their feet sometimes.

I loved the radio transmission they had. "Lewis, Stop the car immediately, we will explain all later.."

If that doesn't draw attention to something dodgy then nothing does.

• 1 month later...