Traitors lining up at the exit door

tgishome

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

calling players who leave to provide the best life for their families and to make money that will see them through life when they retire at age 34/35 is fucking taig like behaviour if you ask me.

look at the players that have left us before and have always carried rangers in their heart, are they all traitors?

fucking ridiculous assumption to make of them, get a fucking grip.

You obviously mean gough and bomber to name but two.. :rolleyes:

So now it begins, players that were lauded as legends for staying are now scum for leaving? I think we need a bit of perspective here. I'm gutted that so many players seem to be leaving but can I blame them? No! For what they have been through already and remember that their loyalty was absolute but the clauses in their contacts were to protect them if another Craig Whyte type character. Given all the questions, doubt, anger and mistrust some fans are directing at Green can we really blame the players for not being 100% committed at this time? If Walter had taken over wolud it have been any different, maybe or maybe not. I think people are forgetting the 3 year European ban. This is probably a major reason for players wanting to leave. In reality it will be 4 years out of Europe if we went to 3rd div. Europe was our big pull, players signing for us knew they were guaranteed European football and were prepared to put up with the standard of the league for that reason. Take that away and for a lot of players will want to go somewhere they can play European football.We should also remember a lot happens in very short timeframe in the football world. Think about what has happened to our club in the last 3 years, can we, in reality expect players that have made considerable sacrifices already to take a gamble on the next phase of their career when their is still so many unanswered questions about our club, The pain and hurt just keeps on coming and we as Fans who are totally innocent are the one thing that has remained constant. It is natural to vent our anger but I would ask you all to direct your anger towards our many enemies that are lining up to take pot shots at us and in some cases displaying out right hostility.So what ever happens, what league we are playing in, who stays or goes we remain the constant, our love for The Gers will never die cause WATP.

Well said (tu)

I previously posted a note calling into question the loyalty or lack of it, by the current Rangers squad and given the news of Rhys McCabe my worries are begining to come to the surface.

I fully understand that throughout this saga the players have been kept in the dark as much as the supporters, I also understand that they, like us mere mortals need to look after themselves and their families (poor souls who stuggle to survive on a weekly wage many of us have as an annual salary) but I wonder:

1. How can ex players, Celik and Wylde (and now McCabe, wait for the rest), be positively lauded for taking the first opportunity to jump ship?

2. Why, to date, are McCulloch, McCabe and Perry the only players to pledge their future to Rangers regardless of league status, now even McCabe has changed his mind?

3. Given the opportunity to transfer their contacts to "The Rangers" at their full salary and benefits, if they are "so loyal" and "Rangers men" why have they not confirmed their acceptance?

4. Players were hero's, it seems, when they agreed to take between a 25% and 75% pay cut for a 2-4 month period. This helped short term but players being players they could not resist having the leave cheap/for next to nothing clauses entered into their contracts as a bonus..... true loyalty????

5. It seems that a large number plan to take the opportunity to leave the club for new, no doubt better paid options! Are we asking so much when they are undoubtedly asked to play one season in Division One on their current salary before being back to normal in SPL, hardly a career/bank account killer?

I see all who decide to jump ship as traitors of the lowest order (forget the "Good luck Rhys" politically correct bull) although perhaps cleansing the club of these two-faced badge kissers will be good in the long term although it doesn't feel like it this morning.

Now lets see who is in the "true bears" camp

Playing football is a job, just like any other, for the majority of footballers. There are very very few who play for a club because they love that club. Soon as a better offer comes along, they're off. Would you stay in your current job if it meant a drastic cut in salary, not to mention a serious drop in your job satisfaction?

Nah. Didnae think so.

Quit blaming the players and blame the cunts who put us where we are.

At least common sense seems to be prevailing as this thread goes on more and more. The players are not at Ibrox for the same reasons as the fans. They are there for careers, money, glory, trophies, etc. While there is such uncertainty over what Rangers can offer them, it is inevitable that they would feel unsure. How many of us are unsure about parting with season ticket money until we know where we will be playing?

These players could have walked for nothing a few months ago, and instead they remained on lower pay AND demanded that their acceptance would guarantee the jobs of others. They have done their bit in this regard, what they do now will be about their careers and what they want.

If I was to advise any of them, I would say that the younger players should see an opportunity to gain a starting place, and to cement it during the days ahead, and be there when we return to the top. For the players in the middle of their careers, I don't see how they could be involved in Division 3. For the guys at the end, I would suggest they might want to stay and look at future jobs within Rangers, and a constant stream of appearance fee money at fans events, etc.

Players come and go. No cunt is irreplaceable imo. As long as the club lives I don't care. They were always gonna fuck off, why else have the clauses inserted before they took a cut. They've done a good job for us but it's time to part company. Adios.

I can just about accept that Sone Auko wishes to leave Rangers but not McCabe.

Aluko bought himself into Rangers, having paid out his Aberdeen contract and I am sure he was not on that great a wage at Rangers last term. His form certainly showed that he may have been deserving a better salary this term but this is not the case and he owes nothing to Rangers. He can walk away with his held high.

McCabe on the other hand has made a few starts for Rangers and impressed but that is all. He owes Rangers everything for his career, from starting out in the youth ranks, to training at Murray Park under excellent coaches, to being given the opportunity to play in his first OF game at the age of 19. Those are things that boys dream of and he is throwing it away to pursue a career in England?

Well son, don't come running back up the road if you fall on your arse - you had the chance to follow Rangers into a new era and you stuck the finger up to all the fans who will transfer their contract of allegiance with the club.

McCabe ain't the first either, Gregg Wylde could not get out of Murray Park fast enough when the opportunity to tear up contracts was given in the early stages of administration. He claimed it was for the good of the club but that don't wash - he did it for his own good or at least what he thought was for his own good. Time will tell.

I'm surprised at McCabe leaving but i would like fee's for Naisy,McGregor,Davis,Boca,Whitty,Edu,Bedoya,Lafferty,Goian,Wallace and Aluko.

I would like to get £12m the lot.

Put that away and if we're only out the mix for 1 season that's a good starting block..Personally i wouldn't miss Lafferty,Goian,Bedoya,wallace and Whitty..The rest are replaceable.Naisy will be a massive miss unless he decides he loves Rangers.

because he has a Fucking contract for starters. Rangers could offer him a new deal which he could reject but as the terms of TUPE they get the same contracts as before

That is certainly true, but the contract will list things like basic salary, appearance money, and bonuses for getting to the next stage of a cup competition or for winning something. So overall, even following the terms of the original contract they aren't going to get so much money playing for a third division side as they would for a premier league side.

Also, saying you play for a 3rd division side isn't going to look that good on your CV. It may be the best third division side in the world, but what matters to other clubs is the quality of opposition you play against, and the 3rd division is mostly amateurs and part time players.

For a lot of these players, if they had loyalty to a particular club, they probably wouldn't have signed up for Rangers in the first place. For them, signing up for an old firm side, and a lot of them won't particularly care which one they sign up for, is a stepping stone to another club in England, Spain etc. They get experience of playing in old firm matches and the group stages of the Champions League, and they can move on from that to a club that has a reasonable chance of winning the Champions League in the next few years.

It's starting to look like the payers know something we don't , can't see why they would come out now and say they are not transferring across when it's not even.been decided what league we are in, a year in the first wouldn't be a big deal for a guy like mccabe in fact would probably see him get more game time, somethings up

As far as I can gather from the mhedia, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hearts and St Johnstone are confirmed no votes. They only need one more no vote to kick us out.

Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St Mirren are letting their fans decide how they vote, and I can't see all three sets of fans voting yes.

The ones who leave, mainly the youth will regret it big time in a years time. Id wager none of them will again play infront of 50k thousand home fans again.

I've never understood this argument.

50,000 fans or not - Scottish football is pish.

I'm surprised at McCabe leaving but i would like fee's for Naisy,McGregor,Davis,Boca,Whitty,Edu,Bedoya,Lafferty,Goian,Wallace and Aluko.

I would like to get £12m the lot.

Put that away and if we're only out the mix for 1 season that's a good starting block..Personally i wouldn't miss Lafferty,Goian,Bedoya,wallace and Whitty..The rest are replaceable.Naisy will be a massive miss unless he decides he loves Rangers.

Would they all have to transfer over first?

When the club really needed help to last to the end of the season, these player gave up a huge chunk of thier wages to keep the club and it's staff going.

If they now have concerns with thier new employer, it's well with thier rights to look for better and more secure employment elsewhere.

However, until we actually hear the REAL story behind the rumours, we should all stay quiet.

Totally agree with the OP. They are taking advantage, same as all the other scum out there and should be treated the same. We have nurtured many of these players, paid them huge wages and treated them like heros and their response is to kick us when we are down. I'm so angry ATM with these lowlife traitors. Our cause, Presbyterian people throughout Scotland,is under attack. Rangers are a symbol of hope for all right minded people in the country, an institution that stands for freedom, fairness, honesty and hard work. All good Presbyterian values, all sadly lacking in many of those who seek to destroy us from both without and within. I wouldn't be surprised if Liewell is involved behind the scenes, pulling agents strings.